How to Prep For a Quarantine

3 posters

Go down

How to Prep For a Quarantine Empty How to Prep For a Quarantine

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:16 pm

https://preparednessadvice.com/medical/how-to-prep-for-a-quarantine/

All too often, the world is shaken by a new flu bug or the resurgence of an old one. This article caught my eye, as it’s about a mutated version of avian flu H7N2 that was transmitted from a cat to a human, quite a rare occurrence. I also have a long enough memory to recall the Ebola panic just a couple of years ago and shaking my head at the incompetence and poor decision making by those in authority, including the CDC.

The history of Ebola, as detailed in this book, is helpful to know and understand how a deadly virus originates, mutates, and spreads.

With an eye on the future and knowing a little about how quickly certain viruses can spread, I have put into place a number of preps that would see my family through the duration of a widespread outbreak, ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

How to Prep For a Quarantine Empty Re: How to Prep For a Quarantine

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:55 pm

When prepping your medical supplies don't forget old school thermometers. I'll admit I have a couple of those instant read LCD thermometers, but I also have a 10 pack of the old school (but non-mercury) oral thermometers in case we have multiple disasters at once, or if the electronic ones fail (due to lack of batteries, damage, age, etc.) And I have two wind-up alarm clocks in case I need to be dosing medication on a schedule and am sleep deprived....
Also, I have a decent stack of small notebooks in case I need to keep track of patient temps, fluid intake, output, etc.  What a Face Yes, I have volumetric urinal bottles stashed in the emergency bathroom supplies just in case.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Food To Survive Pandemic During Quarantine | At Least 90 Days
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/pandemic-survival-how-much-food/?fbclid=IwAR0aNHHQCuswOA8yRFtZrKNv-LzS0ReMNpVzzGXQEEA77uqZFL6rtKJAPa0

How to Prep For a Quarantine 90-day-food-survival-list It’s common sense. To self-isolate from a pandemic, you must have enough supplies at your home to survive the period.

(SNIP) ... our best bet will be to self isolate from the public and other people. That means having enough food and supplies to “ride it out”. I’m not suggesting that it’s time to push the panic button yet, but I’m using this current event as an excuse to push the notion of preemptive food storage.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:44 pm

https://preparednessadvice.com/medical/how-to-prep-for-a-quarantine/?fbclid=IwAR1UqVnYjeG_6BkVMK8pG3Pi7pC5VlZCu9B2EtarIgzd-evxUSLOyHIG2kM

How to Prep For a Quarantine Prep-For-Quarantine   (SNIP) ... imagine for just a moment that you and your family have been placed under an official quarantine lasting seven days, fourteen days, or even longer. No one goes to work, no one goes to school. You won’t be eating at restaurants, going to church, the bank, to the movies, or visiting friends. During a quarantine, you will be expected to be self-sufficient for everything except for your utilities.

How will you cope?   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keebler Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:30 pm

luckely i was simi prepared.. & i have a great Neighbor shopping for me--.both of them work so they never stored anything---woke them up, im just rotating stock ,so she has no clue i have anything here.
playing the roll.

keebler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down