How To Set Up A Quarantine

3 posters

Go down

How To Set Up A Quarantine Empty Quarantine at Home-Coping Tips

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Quarantine at home - coping tips
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/quarantine-at-home-coping-tips

Quarantining yourself at home means staying at home and avoiding contact with others if you have developed, or been exposed to, an infectious disease, until the infectious period of the illness is over, or until you know that you have not contracted an illness to which you have been exposed. Quarantine helps to slow the spread of infection across a population.

These coping tips are listed as a guide only. More disease-specific details will be provided by your doctor.

You may be asked to stay at home until at least seven days after the onset of symptoms or after you were first exposed to someone with the disease. Your doctor will tell you exactly when your quarantine can safely end. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
    Have a home quarantine plan in place
    Family quarantine at home
    Using facemasks in quarantine
    Keeping spirits up in quarantine at home
    Reducing boredom while in quarantine at home
    Where to get help
    Things to remember

Admin

Back to top Go down

How To Set Up A Quarantine Empty Re: How To Set Up A Quarantine

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:31 am

For keeping up spirits, I keep a good sized stash of treats: chocolates, hard candies, etc, plus specific comfort foods for each family member. When you're feeling down, sometimes you just need a bit of a splurge. For me it's pasta with red sauce, for my wife it's mac and cheese.

To alleviate boredom, I've got a layered approach. If power and Internet stay on, then we've got Internet games, Netflix, etc. When the Internet drops but power is still on, I have a large collection of video games, DVD movies and TV shows. After power is gone, we still have all our books, board games, card games, dice games, etc. I even have a stash of toys for the pets that don't require power. Something they haven't been using for years might break up their day too...we just have cats, so I have catnip infused toys, fake mice with rattles in them and small plastic balls that make noise when rolling. Just in case the laser pointers run out of batteries...I'd rather they play with that than jump on me when I'm not entertaining them.

Getting back to human preps, at our local warehouse club they sell a 10-pack of card decks in both regular and "easy to read" versions. For short money you're ready to play lots of different card games and still have enough to let folks try building houses of cards or whatever...I got two of the 10 packs, one for our use, one for bartering. And whenever I'm at a store I'll check out the clearance section and if I see a board game (non-electronic) that I don't already have then I'll grab it and add it to the collection. Sure, I may never play some of them, but if we're stuck inside for 6 months or longer I may be looking for something new...or worst case my wife or other relatives sell it at a yard sale after I'm gone. Razz

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

How To Set Up A Quarantine Empty Quarantine & Isolation

Post by ReadyMom Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Flu Pandemic Mitigation - Quarantine and Isolation
http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/ops/hsc-scen-3_flu-pandemic-quarantine.htm

The CDC differentiates between Quarantine and Isolation. Isolation is the separation of a person or group of persons from other people to prevent the spread of infection. A Quarantine is the restriction of activities or limitation of freedom of movement of those presumed exposed to a communicable disease in such a manner as to prevent effective contact with those not so exposed.
---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

How To Set Up A Quarantine Empty How To Set Up A Quarantine

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 am

I came across this on Happy Preppers, may be helpful to you if hit with the Chinese virus or any other pandemic:

https://www.happypreppers.com/quarantine.html

Back to top Go down

How To Set Up A Quarantine Empty Re: How To Set Up A Quarantine

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down