Quarantine Rules

4 posters

Go down

Quarantine Rules Empty Quarantine Rules

Post by Dave58 Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:19 pm

My wife and I have been reading about different places that have been ordered to quarantine in place....

Our question is how would the local Police and health department go about doing it ???

Would they announce on T.V. and give people X amount of hours to get things squared away or would they just say ok everybody out of the pool... Go home and stay there for 2 weeks ???

Would the military come in and take over the power and gas company ??

Would power company bill's be temporarily be suspended because people can't get out and go to work ??? Huh?Sign Huh?Sign

I would like to hear other folks opinion pls..

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Quarantine Rules Empty Re: Quarantine Rules

Post by TRex2 Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Well, there are a few kinds of "quarantine in place" orders, but it sounds like you are talking about locking down everyone is a geographical zone, like a town, to prevent spread.

Would they announce on T.V. and give people X amount of hours to get things squared away or would they just say ok everybody out of the pool... Go home and stay there for 2 weeks ???
That is pretty close, but, this being America and the authorities not wanting to get hanged or run out of town on a rail (I hear the politicians in Richmond VA are currently afraid of anyone with either tar or feathers), would probably say:
We are asking that anyone who does not have job in emergency services or infrastructure, stay home. Please cancel all gatherings, including sporting events, church, and school for the next two weeks.

They would probably "stop and annoy anyone who is out during that time."

At least that is my best guess. (Humor included at no extra charge.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:28 am

I would say that you're probably right... I'm guessing that the military would take over the infrastructure part of it as far as the the utilities go..

If things get bad and I have no reason to think that they won't.. I think that the police and emergency people will try and bail out so they can take care of their families...

Keep in mind that I have no proof of this it is just the way my head works.. My wife tells me that I am a black and white kinda person.. I don't really see a gray area....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 am

Dave58 wrote:I would say that you're probably right... I'm guessing that the military would take over the infrastructure part of it as far as the the utilities go..

If things get bad and I have no reason to think that they won't.. I think that the police and emergency people will try and bail out so they can take care of their families...
I don't think they will actually "bail" but I think more than a few of them, especially in big cities will wind up self quarantining due to illness in their families. That would have about the same effect. (I don't think many places will wind up in a Without Rule Of Law situation, except maybe some of the homeless and drug shooter camps in the big cities, but elsewhere, resources may get a little thin.)

Keep in mind that I have no proof of this it is just the way my head works.. My wife tells me that I am a black and white kinda person.. I don't really see a gray area....
Nothing wrong with that, just need to be self aware. I am extremely left minded (almost like Rainman) and have a hard time relating to regular people.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:28 am

TRex2 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I would say that you're probably right... I'm guessing that the military would take over the infrastructure part of it as far as the the utilities go..

I don't think they will actually "bail" but I think more than a few of them, especially in big cities will wind up self quarantining due to illness in their families. That would have about the same effect. (I don't think many places will wind up in a Without Rule Of Law situation, except maybe some of the homeless and drug shooter camps in the big cities, but elsewhere, resources may get a little thin.)

Nothing wrong with that, just need to be self aware. I am extremely left minded (almost like Rainman) and have a hard time relating to regular people.

I think we will get along just fine ( Rainman ) lol

Cheers2

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 pm

I don't know if this belongs here or not ......

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486645-cdc-americans-over-60-should-stock-up-on-supplies-avoid-crowds

I know this doesn't apply to very many of us lol

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:01 am

Dave58 wrote:I don't know if this belongs here or not ......
cdc-americans-over-60-should-stock-up-on-supplies
I know this doesn't apply to very many of us  lol
Yeah, gee. I guess the CDC is only a few years behind people on this forum.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:07 pm

Soooo Wal-Mart announced that effective Monday that they will be requiring mask to enter the store... Grown ass adults will be melting down in public ( I'm hoping for video )

A county just north of me has just announced that it is required that you wear a mask if going outside.... $100 fine for the first offense $250 for every time after that.... If you stay in your yard you don't have to wear one.....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:11 pm

I've used WM's curbside pickup a few times without a hitch. Pick up early morning, if possible for best inventory.

I haven't ventured inside a store since prob early April.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Dave58 wrote:Soooo Wal-Mart announced that effective Monday that they will be requiring mask to enter the store... Grown ass adults will be melting down in public ( I'm hoping for video )

A county just north of me has just announced that it is required that you wear a mask if going outside.... $100 fine for the first offense $250 for every time after that.... If you stay in your yard you don't have to wear one.....

PA Gov. (Wolf) started masks in public, no sitting at a bar to drink, can only drink if food is served but not at the bar, restaurants went from 50% to 25% capacity, and the list goes on. His next step will be a total shutdown (again).

Don't know about any fines for not wearing a mask.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down