Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19

+4
Cinnamon
rick1
Dave58
ReadyMom
8 posters

Go down

Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19 Empty Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:53 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to  FluTrackers:

The government has the power to shut down entire cities. But would that stop coronavirus?
https://www.livescience.com/how-possible-government-shutdowns-coronavirus.html

A once-bustling city at the heart of China is now a ghost town, with few people on the streets and drones flying above. Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the new coronavirus outbreak, has been under an unprecedented lockdown for the past month.

As the coronavirus continues to spread around the world, people have begun to wonder: Could such large city lock-downs happen in the U.S.? Experts say the government does have the power to lock down entire cities — but it most likely won't.   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19 Empty Re: Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:43 pm

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threat Blog:

New CDC guidance says older adults should 'stay at home as much as possible' due to coronavirus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/new-cdc-guidance-says-older-adults-should-stay-at-home-as-much-as-possible-due-to-coronavirus/ar-BB10QLvV?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Amid a coronavirus outbreak in the United States, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is encouraging older people and people with severe chronic medical conditions to "stay at home as much as possible."

This advice is on a CDC website that was posted Thursday, according to a CDC spokeswoman.

Early data suggests older people are twice as likely to have serious illness from the novel coronavirus, according to the CDC ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19 Empty Re: Quarantine, Shutdowns & Lockdowns in USA for CoVid 19

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:06 am

HatTip2 Hat Tip to FluWiki, Facebook:

San Francisco Bans Non-Essential Public Gatherings At City Facilities For 2 Weeks
https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/03/07/san-francisco-bans-non-essential-public-gatherings-at-city-facilities-for-2-weeks/

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – The City and County of San Francisco has banned “non-essential group events” at any city-owned facilities for the next two weeks because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus, according to an order Saturday signed by the county’s top health officer.

The “city-owned facilities” covered by this order include City Hall; the Moscone Center, the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, the New Conservatory Theatre; the War Memorial and Performing Arts Center; the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre; the San Francisco Public Library (100 Larkin St.) and Piers 27 and 35. ---continued---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 am

What Aggressive Coronavirus Lockdown Might Look Like in the U.S.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/aggressive-coronavirus-lockdown-might-look-084302537.html

As residents of Washington and New York battled the two largest clusters of the 2019 novel coronavirus in the United States, new restrictions on public assembly meant to ease the deadly crisis raised the question: Just how aggressive might authorities get?

U.S. cases of the new coronavirus had, as of Wednesday, topped 1,000, while Republicans in Congress have been briefed on the likelihood that most Americans will eventually be exposed to the infection, and the World Health Organization finally declared the outbreak a global pandemic. President Trump on Wednesday also used a 9 p.m. Oval Office address to announce a confused, partial travel ban between the United States and Europe, along with a variety of measures geared at steadying the economy ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:23 am

An Estimated 20 Percent Of The Global Population Is Now Under Lockdown
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/an-estimated-20-percent-of-the-global-population-is-now-under-lockdown/

When Wuhan and the majority of the Hubei Province in China were put under lockdown in January, critics were concerned that the unprecedented and extreme social restrictions might not be an effective way to halt the spread of COVID-19. Thankfully, the harsh measures meant that the country reported no new cases of domestically transmitted COVID-19 last week for the first time since the outbreak began. In light of the success of the lockdown, other affected countries are following suit as cases continue to soar. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 am

Why some people just won't stay home despite the advice
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/newsfeature/why-some-people-just-wont-stay-home-despite-the-advice/ar-BB11CzFf?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Living through a pandemic is strange. Most of us have never been asked to make sacrifices like this before -- staying home and limiting contact with others.

All that disruption can make people anxious. And for some, that includes ignoring the novel coronavirus altogether and carrying on as though it's business as usual.

Despite repeated pleas from public health and government officials to stay home and slow the spread of Covid-19, many people just won't. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:46 am

Is your town under a shelter in place order ???

Do you think it will do any good ???

We are under a shelter in place , but from what I can see the only difference is you can't get your hair cut , or nails done or get a beer and something to eat... Everything else is open for business...

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:45 am

Dave, there are 7 counties in PA that have shelter in place, but like you said, you can't get a haircut or go to a bar for a beer. But, you can go to the beer distributor and buy all the beer you want, go to the grocery store and buy your popcorn.

They are even telling us to go out and take a walk or a run down main street. Schools are closed until after the first week of April, does anyone think these kids are staying home, heck no, they're downtown having a good old time.

Will it do any good, maybe, if everyone would adhere to keeping away (6) feet from other people/outsiders, wash your hands, don't group up with each other, etc..

My opinion, it's going to get worse, a lot worse over the next 4 to 6 weeks, thousands, if not tens of thousands are going to die, millions will end up in hospitals.

Time will tell, tic - toc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 am

rick1 wrote:Dave, there are 7 counties in PA that have shelter in place, but like you said, you can't get a haircut or go to a bar for a beer. But, you can go to the beer distributor and buy all the beer you want, go to the grocery store and buy your popcorn.

They are even telling us to go out and take a walk or a run down main street. Schools are closed until after the first week of April, does anyone think these kids are staying home, heck no, they're downtown having a good old time.

Will it do any good, maybe, if everyone would adhere to keeping away (6) feet from other people/outsiders, wash your hands, don't group up with each other, etc..

My opinion, it's going to get worse, a lot worse over the next 4 to 6 weeks, thousands, if not tens of thousands are going to die, millions will end up in hospitals.

Time will tell, tic - toc

Agree-sign O by the way I really like the tic-toc at the end...

Stay safe brother

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm

We are SIP, but Walmart is open. Not 24/7, but it's open. Husband went to shop during senior hour - 6 AM. He expected few to be there. He was one of 10 people there when it opened. Within 15 minutes, it was full of people.

McD's drive through is still open. Most of the other restaurants closed their dining rooms, but are advertising doing curbside and take out.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

Trump weighs rolling coronavirus quarantines
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/trump-weighs-rolling-quarantines

President Trump may release an updated timeline for when people will return to work, an indication that he is backing off his statement earlier this week that he would like to end the quarantine by Easter Sunday as the lockdown wreaks havoc on the U.S. economy, FOX Business has learned.

According to people close to the president, he may soon announce an approach that would suggest the quarantines should end on a rolling basis — keeping heavily infected hotspots like New York City shuttered for longer than areas that are only minimally affected. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm

‘ENFORCEABLE’: Trump Mulls Quarantine For New York State, Parts Of New Jersey, Connecticut
https://www.dailywire.com/news/enforceable-trump-mulls-quarantine-new-york-new-jersey

President Donald Trump on Saturday said he is considering an “enforceable” quarantine on New York state, as well as parts of New Jersey and Connecticut.

“We’d like to see New York quarantined because it’s a hot spot — New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut quarantined. I’m thinking about that right now. We might not have to do it but there’s a possibility that sometime today we’ll do a quarantine — short term two weeks for New York, probably New Jersey and parts of Connecticut,” Trump said. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:01 am

Adherence to quarantine during COVID-19 pandemic
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-adherence-quarantine-covid-pandemic.html

Information, social influence, the practicalities of isolation and a clear understanding of the benefits of quarantine are key to people adhering to this measure to contain infectious disease outbreaks, according to new research from King's College London.

Entire cities have already gone into quarantine during the current COVID-19 outbreak and more are likely to follow. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by floridaclipper Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:44 pm

We have a Stay at Home Order (Florida Executive order 20-21) It's intended to have the effect of limiting movement. The amount of "exceptions" defeats the purpose. We can't get our hair or nails done, dine in restaurants (carryout is ok) and some more stores were closed putting more people out of work. Sad I don't see the order as being able to be effective or enforceable.

One of my team members was stopped and questioned then allowed to continue on her way. My company gave us all letters identifying us as essential workers to aid us if we were stopped on the way to and from work.

floridaclipper

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 am

OPINION: Why a national quarantine will not be the solution to the coronavirus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/why-a-national-quarantine-will-not-be-the-solution-to-the-coronavirus/ar-BB12a6K5?ocid=msn360

In Chicago, residents are being told they will face jail if found exercising outdoors. In Washington, residents are also being threatened with jail for violating lockdown orders. In Rhode Island, officials are looking for New Yorkers to forcibly quarantine them. While President Trump has shelved his consideration of an enforceable quarantine of New York, there have been new calls for him to order a national quarantine of the country. For his part, Governor Andrew Cuomo declared that any national quarantine of his state would be a "federal declaration of war on states." ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm

ReadyMom wrote:OPINION: Why a national quarantine will not be the solution to the coronavirus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/why-a-national-quarantine-will-not-be-the-solution-to-the-coronavirus/ar-BB12a6K5?ocid=msn360

In Chicago, residents are being told they will face jail if found exercising outdoors. In Washington, residents are also being threatened with jail for violating lockdown orders. In Rhode Island, officials are looking for New Yorkers to forcibly quarantine them. While President Trump has shelved his consideration of an enforceable quarantine of New York, there have been new calls for him to order a national quarantine of the country. For his part, Governor Andrew Cuomo declared that any national quarantine of his state would be a "federal declaration of war on states." ---CONTINUED---

Just my opinion... I think any hope we had to control or even slow down the virus was lost sometime between December 19 thru January 20...

I don't think the quarantine is going to help because not everybody plays by the rules ....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Facebook group lets volunteers lend RVs to health care workers who need to quarantine
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-facebook-group-volunteers-loan-rvs-for-mds-health-care-workers-front-lines-covid-19/

A North Texas woman got a helping hand when she turned to the internet in a desperate bid to help her husband, an ER doctor, find somewhere to rest without the risk of exposing his family to the coronavirus. She turned her experience into a movement called "RVs for MDs," a Facebook group which connects people in the medical profession needing to quarantine with nearby volunteers who are willing to lend theirs campers to them. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 pm

How effective is quarantine alone or in combination with other public health measures to control coronavirus (COVID-19)?
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-04-effective-quarantine-combination-health-coronavirus.html

Today, Cochrane publishes a new Rapid Review looking at quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The review summarizes evidence available from modelling studies that show how quarantining affects the spread of COVID-19. The studies included in the review consistently conclude that quarantine can play a role in controlling the spread of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. While early implementation of quarantine and its combination with other public health measures may ... ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 am

How the US should end the coronavirus lockdowns
https://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-the-us-should-end-the-coronavirus-lockdowns-2020-4

Based on the experience we here in Europe have seen with the novel coronavirus, I have some suggestions for Americans on how to reopen the US economy.

First, continue the lockdowns only for those over age 45. Then slowly lift the lockdown for those aged 45 to 65. Keep those over 65 in lockdown until treatment or vaccine is developed. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:47 pm

The terrifying reports that tell the truth about how lockdown ends - there will be NO return to normal: ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8209125/The-terrifying-reports-lockdown-ends-NO-return-normal.html?fbclid=IwAR09WtrGoE5CV4VKt0Wd1U4s_6J0bFNXZOi-o0iIyOa9kcnnpXPftjKc7pA

The terrifying reports that tell the truth about how lockdown ends - there will be NO return to normal: America’s top experts explain how the nation faces mass digital surveillance, testing on an unimaginable scale or recurring social distancing

Three reports from think tanks and academics lay out how lockdown ends
All agree that until a vaccine is available, US life will not be fully normal
Calls for national lockdown range from 14 days to as long as three months
Once lockdown ends, social distancing measures would relax but not disappear
Gatherings of a certain size would still be banned, and remote work encouraged
Two plans call for the construction of a vast digital surveillance system
Would track movements of all Americans to trace potential virus exposure
Plans call for daily testing capacity ranging from massive to impossible

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:57 pm

DHS and HHS say if 30 day stay at home order is lifted, there could be up to 200,000 deaths this summer:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/04/10/new-projections-show-summer-spike-if-coronavirus-restrictions-lifted/23975101/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 pm

'Hard for me to see a V-shaped recovery': The Fed's Kashkari says the US could face 18 months of rolling shutdowns as it tries to shake coronavirus
https://www.businessinsider.com/feds-kashkari-us-months-rolling-coronavirus-shutdowns-economy-recovery-shape-2020-4

Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis President Neel Kashkari is not optimistic that the US economy will swiftly rebound from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

"This could be a long, hard road that we have ahead of us until we get to either an effective therapy or a vaccine," Kashkari said in a Sunday interview with "Face the Nation" on CBS. "It's hard for me to see a V-shaped recovery under that scenario." ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 am

Fox news was reporting that Biden devil wants to mandate nationwide all will wear  a mask, about half the states say they won't do it.

AND some moron doctor that is advising Biden devil is recommending that the U.S. needs to shut down for 4 to 6 weeks to get covid19 under control.

There will be unrest in the U.S. if they shut it down again. I for one will still do what the heck I want to do, no if's and's or but's. Angry Orange Face

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:19 am

rick1 wrote:Fox news was reporting that Biden devil wants to mandate nationwide all will wear  a mask, about half the states say they won't do it.

AND some moron doctor that is advising Biden devil is recommending that the U.S. needs to shut down for 4 to 6 weeks to get covid19 under control.

There will be unrest in the U.S. if they shut it down again. I for one will still do what the heck I want to do, no if's and's or but's. Angry Orange Face

While my wife and I still wear a mask when we go into a store it is because we choose to do it not because the gov. told us to....

People are basically nasty creatures ie. they refuse to cover their mouth when the cough or sneeze.. Also I have watched them touch the handles of shopping carts and then pick their nose or rub their eyes you get the picture...

I put 20 yrs in the military and i will be the first to tell you that I don't trust the government.. If they order another shut down they will crash the economy. In my opinion that is what they are trying to do...

I think keeping an eye on the numbers is a mute point because the store where my wife works has started doing covid testing and its done thru the drive-thru by the people in the car so there is no accurate way to determine if its done right or not they are just guessing..

One other thing and I will step down from my soap box.. If they crash the economy the thing that will happen next is a War remember its good for the economy.....

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:14 pm

My wife and I wear a mask whenever we go into stores, but look around and about half of the people don't and PA is under a mandatory mask wearing.

I like you Dave, don't trust the government either. I spent 6 years in the Marine Corps and 20 plus years in federal law enforcement.

I saw first hand how they railroad people and saw how people were sent to federal prison just because of politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:45 pm

I take it the prevailing attitude is:
I don't mind wearing a mask, when needed.
I don't think the government should dictate when I have to.

I concur.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:59 pm

TRex2 wrote:I take it the prevailing attitude is:

I concur.

If people were truly wearing a mask when needed we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now.

While I'm moving more and more into the curmudgeon phase of life and pushing back on stupid rules, I'm onboard with the government (in conjunction with health officials!) telling folks where to mask up and how to limit group sizes.

Until we get a widely available vaccine this is one of the few tools we have to make sure our hospitals and doctor offices don't get overrun.

dmwalsh568

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:46 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:I take it the prevailing attitude is:

I concur.

If people were truly wearing a mask when needed we wouldn't be in the situation we are in now.

While I'm moving more and more into the curmudgeon phase of life and pushing back on stupid rules, I'm onboard with the government (in conjunction with health officials!) telling folks where to mask up and how to limit group sizes.

Until we get a widely available vaccine this is one of the few tools we have to make sure our hospitals and doctor offices don't get overrun.

I agree 110% on the masks, but just who is going to enforce it. You have the Pres., Gov's and Mayor's, that don't go by their own rules, not to mention the protestors.

I mask up, but I draw the line when some public official Twisted Evil  is going to tell me how many people I'm allowed in my home.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:12 am

rick1 wrote: --snip--

I agree 110% on the masks, but just who is going to enforce it. You have the Pres., Gov's and Mayor's, that don't go by their own rules, not to mention the protestors.

I mask up, but I draw the line when some public official Twisted Evil  is going to tell me how many people I'm allowed in my home.

The idea is to minimize the mixing of households. If you have 20 people living at your home, then having 20 folks for dinner isn't a problem because you're already in the same social bubble. The problem comes when cousins from 3 counties over, or from the next state all come to your house along with grandparents and grandkids that we start to see problems with disease spreading.

All it takes is one asymptomatic (but infected) attendee and suddenly a third or more of the family is sick. And because it takes time to show symptoms, you could have folks spreading it over a dispersed area and to their social bubbles when they return to their homes.

The limits on indoor gatherings are to try and prevent the mixing of too many households at one time, again, limiting the spread....all this is just to slow the disease down and continue to give the medical community time to get vaccines and treatments ready so we can save as many folks as possible.

The responsible thing is for folks to just stay with folks they are living with and not get together at large famiy gatherings. By missing out on this year's holidays there is a better chance of seeing everyone next year after Covid is dealt with, rather than having to say goodbye to loved ones via video chat.

dmwalsh568

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:

The idea is to minimize the mixing of households. If you have 20 people living at your home, then having 20 folks for dinner isn't a problem because you're already in the same social bubble. The problem comes when cousins from 3 counties over, or from the next state all come to your house along with grandparents and grandkids that we start to see problems with disease spreading.

All it takes is one asymptomatic (but infected) attendee and suddenly a third or more of the family is sick. And because it takes time to show symptoms, you could have folks spreading it over a dispersed area and to their social bubbles when they return to their homes.

The limits on indoor gatherings are to try and prevent the mixing of too many households at one time, again, limiting the spread....all this is just to slow the disease down and continue to give the medical community time to get vaccines and treatments ready so we can save as many folks as possible.

The responsible thing is for folks to just stay with folks they are living with and not get together at large famiy gatherings. By missing out on this year's holidays there is a better chance of seeing everyone next year after Covid is dealt with, rather than having to say goodbye to loved ones via video chat.

I agree with ya dmwalsh, I'm just not going to abide by it (masks will be worn though). No more than I would abide by giving up my firearms on a buy back situation, just because the demonrats devil want me to.

The demonrats devil of this country are slowly taking away your rights under the constitution/bill of rights, especially the 1st and 2nd ammendments.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 am

rick1 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:

I agree with ya dmwalsh, I'm just not going to abide by it (masks will be worn though). No more than I would abide by giving up my firearms on a buy back situation, just because the demonrats devil want me to.

The demonrats devil of this country are slowly taking away your rights under the constitution/bill of rights, especially the 1st and 2nd ammendments.

So, everyone coming to dinner will eat with a mask on? Or are you planning on staying outside where the chances of catching anything are greatly reduced?

And I think we're approaching the phrase, cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your hatred of democrats shouldn't make you choose to do something that will harm yourself or those you love just to show that you aren't their puppet, or some such thing.

And while I hate to continue straying further off the original topic, there have been plenty of folks on both sides chipping away at the First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

POTUS and crew have done quite a bit of damage to freedom of the press and the right of the people to peaceably assemble (remember the photo-op near the white house where Barr told federal officers to clear the area, and they gassed what had been peaceful demonstrators?)

I truly hope that people can step back, take a breath and think about what is being asked of them and try to consider it logically from a healthcare standpoint and stop trying to deal with it on an emotional, politically charged standpoint. Pandemics don't care if we are independents, democrats or republicans. The virus just sees a potential host and settles in to be fruitful and multiply. Only by interrupting the lifecycle of the virus do we as a nation stand a chance of getting back to our regular lives.

While I'm sick and tired of the limitations placed on us, I can understand logically that without these measures things will only get worse and more people will die. I consider folks who flout these rules to be selfish, but I'm not going to argue with such folks face to face - I value my health and that of my loved ones more than my sense of outrage at irresponsible behavior.

I can tell from your posts that you care deeply about friends and family. I just fear that your hatred of democrats may make you choose to do things that are against your self interest. But that's the freedom we all have - to make our choices and to live with the results of those choices.

Be well and I hope everyone manages to say safe during the holiday season.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:39 am

I agree with both of you or at least parts of it..

If I have to wear a mask in my house then I am not going to invite people to my house... I feel my house is my sanctuary and my safe spot..... Also my guns are not for sell.......

I talk to people at the grocery sometimes about mask and the reply is almost always the same.. "There are a lot of people not wearing them why should I ?"
So I ask if its ok to smoke in the store and i get told the same thing second hand smoke will kill you.... Sigh some people's light bulbs will never come on.. Laugh Animated

My point is that until folks start trying to protect themselves and others the covid is not going away.... People are trying so very hard to get things back to normal and I am afraid this is the new normal....

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:20 am

dmwalsh, I don't hate demonrats devil , I just dislike them for their socialist ideas. And as far as masks, that's what they do when you go out to eat, only the kids will be wearing masks, as they go to school everyday, in person.

Heck, we're around the grandkids almost everyday as it is, having to get the younger ones off the bus and watch them until the older ones get home from school.

I agree with ya Dave, my house is my sanctuary too, but having my kids, their spouses and the grandkids over for thanksgiving, to me, is nothing more then seeing them/being around them almost everyday as it is now.

Like guns, to each their own.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Oh.My.Gosh! The new CoVid mask requirements are Angry Orange Face Angry Face Temper :

Pa. Health Secretary issues new order, makes mask wearing required indoors even if you are physically distant
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/pa-health-secretary-issues-new-order-making-mask-wearing-required-indoors-even-if-you-are-physically-distant/WRPE6BA4S5GK5IR4EFWLN4ZXIE/

When indoors, masks will now be required even if you are physically distant from members not in your household. This means you will need to wear a mask inside if with people other than members of your household.

The order applies to every indoor facility, including homes, retail establishments, schools, gyms, doctors' offices, public transportation and anywhere food is prepared, packaged or served.

The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring anyone who visits from another state to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 prior to entering the commonwealth.

If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 pm

OH ReadyMom, do you expect anything else from a demonrat Gov., he's taking his Q's from NY, NJ, Mass, CT, etc..

But, I don't hate demonrat's, I just don't like their socialist ideas and wanting control over people.

You just have to love these morons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:42 pm

As as Associate Member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I will be serving Anarchist Stew as a side dish. Cool All are welcome without masks but leave firearms outside.

This reposted from Daisy Luther, more unenforceable mandates for how to spend your holiday. Dr. Fauci commented he's in favor of canceling Christmas. Now they have a reason for us to be a Communist society.

If you don't read it all, scroll thru to Candace Owens twitter comments at the end.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-normal-these-states-want-micromanage-your-safe-thanksgiving-celebration

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Blondie wrote:As as Associate Member of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I will be serving Anarchist Stew as a side dish. Cool  All are welcome without masks but leave firearms outside.

This reposted from Daisy Luther, more unenforceable mandates for how to spend your holiday. Dr. Fauci commented he's in favor of canceling Christmas.  Now they have a reason for us to be a Communist society.

If you don't read it all, scroll thru to Candace Owens twitter comments at the end.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-normal-these-states-want-micromanage-your-safe-thanksgiving-celebration

Watch out Blondie, the demonrats devil have the thanksgiving police out in force.

That Candace Owens is an upcoming star, that girl tells it like it is and the african community really doesn't care for her, but she's right on her twitter comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:31 pm

Just found this ... Looks like the Nazi's are invading NY

https://www.rt.com/usa/511357-new-york-covid-detention-health-bill/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Dave58 wrote:Just found this ... Looks like the Nazi's are invading NY

I thought I have seen and heard just about everything, but this moron demonrat cuomo takes the cake.

He's been snorting way too much cocaine or maybe he's trying to get another emmey. Shocked

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:58 pm

rick1 wrote:

I thought I have seen and heard just about everything, but this moron demonrat cuomo takes the cake.

He's been snorting way too much cocaine or maybe he's trying to get another emmey. Shocked

Its called SB416... Its going to be a very bad thing if it passes

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:55 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:

It may be awhile before it would even pass, but, I do look for them to pass something like that.

What I would like to know is what will they do with the young kids, if they lock up the parents for covid.

Maybe the kids could stay at the gov's mansion with pin head cuomo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:02 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:

It may be awhile before it would even pass, but, I do look for them to pass something like that.

What I would like to know is what will they do with the young kids, if they lock up the parents for covid.

Maybe the kids could stay at the gov's mansion with pin head cuomo.

As far as the kids go (maybe I am just a paranoid old man) when they locked up the Japanese during the war they locked up the whole family...

Maybe I should quit watching syfy Laughing

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:05 am

Did you see Deblasio dancing with his wife in Times Square after he forbid everybody from being there ??  

They are starting to get a God complex and think they can get away with everything..

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:33 am

Dave58 wrote:Did you see Deblasio dancing with his wife in Times Square after he forbid everybody from being there ??  

They are starting to get a God complex and think they can get away with everything..

This is the reason I hate what the demonrats do, like my dad used to say, "don't do as I do, do as I say".

Maybe somebody should tell that demonrat, comrade Cuomo, that he should think about putting a numbered tattoo on the people he locks up, like Hitler did in Germany during WW2. That way he'll know who has did their 14 days, first in first out.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:30 pm

9 health officials quit after pretty boy Cuomo's vaccine rollout. Don't look good for pretty boy:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-health-officials-covid-vaccine-rollout-resign-retire

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:35 pm

CDC says no need for fully vaccinated to quarantine or if you have had covid-19 and are fully recovered, but masks and social distancing still required:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-don-t-need-quarantine-if-exposed-n1257336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down