How to Maintain a Generator

2 posters

Go down

How to Maintain a Generator Empty How to Maintain a Generator

Post by ReadyMom Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:06 pm

How to Maintain a Generator
https://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-a-Generator

A generator is a handy item for many purposes. These purposes include providing emergency power for your home, regulate life-support equipment, provide power in remote areas, and it can even reduce your electricity costs (this is called peak-shaving). Your generator does need regular maintenance checks, however, to ensure that when you do actually need it, it will function as required.

To maintain a generator, begin by ... ---CONTINUED at LINK---

Admin

Back to top Go down

How to Maintain a Generator Empty Re: How to Maintain a Generator

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 am

If you purchase a standby generator, make sure to read the manuals since the maintenance instructions might vary from the link in the OP. For example, my Generac brand standby generator only needs maintenance every 200 hours of runtime, although I'll have to replace an oil filter, an air filter and the oil at that point. And I need to check the oil level every 24 hours of operation just in case.
I made sure to have multiple sets of maintenance consumables so I can run for about a month continuously without outside assistance - other than the natural gas still flowing or getting propane tank refills if I am forced to switch to propane. I figured it was short money to make the generator investment a bit more reliable in adverse conditions.
Hope this is helpful info.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:44 am

Liquid Fuel Transfer Pump, Battery Powered
https://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2016/11/liquid-fuel-transfer-pump-battery.html

How to Maintain a Generator Pump%2Band%2BBox   I’ve been looking for a safe, spill-free way of filling my small engine fuel tanks. I’ve tried the gas cans with the on/off valve in the can spout. The first couple of uses it was fine but after a year of use the valve became difficult to use and it dripped gas onto the engine when filling. I even thought about making my own transfer pump using an old 12volt fuel pump and a couple hoses, but thought if the on/off switch were to spark it could be a disaster.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down