Generator Safety

Go down

Generator Safety Empty Generator Safety

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:29 am

How to Safely Operate a Backup Generator
https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/help/outages/what_to_do_if_youlosepower/using_backup_generators.html

Backup generators can provide an emergency power supply, enabling you to keep important equipment running during a power outage. It’s important to make sure generators are properly installed and operated to prevent health and safety risks for you and our crews.

Before installing or operating a generator, review the following sections for important safety information:

Safely Installing a Generator
    How to Properly Operate a Generator
    Electrical and Fire Hazards
    Warning Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Generator Safety Empty Re: Generator Safety

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Printable sheet here, by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)

Generator Safety
https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/Public-Education/Resources/Safety-tip-sheets/GeneratorSafetyTips.ashx

Generator Safety Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTJ39G2lX6RfWJey-O__hbVfNuvGZ11RPlwMAmIQocuxrKvpUGg&usqp=CAU

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:51 am

Honda 2000i Generator Exhaust Extension
https://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2015/12/honda-2000i-generator-exhaust-extension.html

Generator Safety Flex%2Bpipe%2Bstraight%2Bon%2Bground   During heavy storms when the power goes out, I wanted a way to keep the generator running inside a garage (with the door open about a foot and yes I have a carbon monoxide detector in the garage and in the house) or in a tool shed so not to have the generator running unprotected outside getting wet during rain/snow from the storm when the generator power is most likely needed. I didn’t want a complicated permanently attached exhaust pipe. I wanted to maintain the generators portability because I use it for power tools including my new WORX electric chainsaw.

This is what I came up with, a simple exhaust extension ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down