Home Canning-Meats-General Information

Go down

Home Canning-Meats-General Information Empty Home Canning-Meats-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:54 pm

You can safely and easily can your own meat
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/clay105.html

Home Canning-Meats-General Information Clay105-2Of all the foods I can every year, the most useful is the wide variety of meats. While we aren’t huge meat eaters, these rows and rows of jars of all sizes form the base of many meals throughout the year. And in our hurry-scurry world, it’s so convenient to have this pre-cooked, tender, and oh-so-tasty meat right on the shelves, ready to quickly whip up a meal that tastes like I spent hours preparing it. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning-Meats-General Information Empty Re: Home Canning-Meats-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:55 pm

Canning Meats
http://everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/book-2.html

A pint bottle will hold 1 pound of meat, a quart will hold 2 pounds. Jars from thrift stores or yard sales are fine for vacuum sealing dry foods, but not for bottling meats. Old jars might crack under the pressure. Invest in some new jars when you first start canning and reuse them over and over.

Many books will tell you --- CONTINUED--- Scroll down to 'Canning meats'

Admin

Back to top Go down

Home Canning-Meats-General Information Empty Re: Home Canning-Meats-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 pm

Canning Meat
http://www.doityourself.com/stry/canningmeat#.Uvuh-rSjWSo

Canning is the perfect way to preserve food for later use without the addition of chemicals and additives found in commercially preserved foods. While many people will freeze meat in order to preserve it for later use, not many have considered the convenience of canning meat. Canned meat can last for many years when it has been properly handled and stored, giving it a longer shelf life than frozen meat.

Nearly any kind of meat can be canned, but be sure you ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down