Meats-General Info

2 posters

Go down

Meats-General Info Empty Meats-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:01 am

Food Storage Inventory- Meat
http://eatingfoodstorage.blogspot.com/2010/04/food-storage-inventory.html

(SNIP) ...   I store freeze dried meats but there are lots of ways to store meat. All of them have their advantages:

Freeze dried is ...

Canned meat is ...

Canning your own meat tastes ...

If you want to have meat stored, just choose the way that works best for your family.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Meats-General Info Empty Re: Meats-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:03 am

Wheat Meat (Don't be scared)
http://eatingfoodstorage.blogspot.com/2010/06/wheat-meat-dont-be-scared.html

Meats-General Info Wheat+Meat+(13) Ok I know the very name wheat meat can make a person cringe. That is what I thought too but hopefully you will be as surprised as I was by the reality. It was really good! I'm not saying all wheat meat is good, but this recipe definitely was. This is going to be a long post so please bear with me. Smile

I've been wanting to try wheat meat for some time because the reality is, no matter how much meat you store, you will eventually run out. I was HIGHLY skeptical of wheat meat but I knew I had to at least try it. Plus, my new favorite food storage book (A Bite of Independence Through Self-Sufficiency)has a whole chapter raving about it and since I pretty much trust that book with my life now ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:04 am

Basic Wheat Meat
http://eatingfoodstoragerecipes.blogspot.com/2010/06/basic-wheat-meat.html

Exclamation  It does NOT look good in the photo ... but this blogger swears by it!

Meats-General Info Wheat+Meat+(1)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:06 am

Ground Hamburger - Wheat Meat
http://eatingfoodstoragerecipes.blogspot.com/2010/06/ground-hamburger-wheat-meat.html

Meats-General Info Wheat+Meat+(5)   When you have finished making your basic wheat meat (raw gluten), form the gluten dough into balls about the size of an orange. Place on  ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu May 16, 2019 11:29 am

The best long term survival food is meat!
http://www.happypreppers.com/Meat.html

Meats-General Info Meat-food-storage-208x208   Beans are fine and dandy, but they require a mixture with rice to form a complete protein. Meat is the ultimate survival food. Meats are a high energy food. The best source of protein for preppers is meat, which is why meat is #6 on the prepper's list of the 37 foods to stockpile before crisis.

(SNIP) ... Meat is an important survival food for many reasons and here are ten of them: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 pm

I have cases of the keystone canned meats, chicken, turkey, pork and beef. They're the cheapest I've found and good tasting. Our local walmart stocks them.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=keystone+canned+meat

Also have cases of freeze dried meats and TVP to stretch a meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu May 16, 2019 4:48 pm

How long have you had them? What’s the oldest you’ve opened and eaten? Inquiring minds want to know!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 pm

ReadyMom wrote:How long have you had them? What’s the oldest you’ve opened and eaten? Inquiring minds want to know!

I've had them for years, the oldest one was opened last week, ground beef, best by date was June 2017, wife made sloppy joes, tasted good.

The best by dates, when purchased, are normally 5 years out, there are some that don't even have dates on them, so I mark them 5 years from date of purchase.

Same as canned hams, I buy them at dollar general, $3.25, 16 oz can, you won't find them cheaper anywhere, just bought 5 of them last week, best by date is January 2024.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Thank you!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:36 am

10 Ways to Preserve Meat Without a Fridge or Freezer
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-preserve-meat/

Meats-General Info 10-ways-to-preserve-meat-without-a-fridge-or-freezer-pin-1   (SNIP) ... Many preppers love to eat meat, but unfortunately, they have a tendency to only store it in the fridge or freezer. What are they going to do for meat if the power grid goes down and the refrigerator no longer works?

The good news is, there are more ways to store meat that most people realize. In this article, we’ll take a look at ten ways to preserve meat without a fridge or freezer, divided into the five most common and the five least common. ---CONTINUED---

Arrow-Right  CROSS POSTED in: Comparing the Different Ways to Preserve Foods

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down