Malicious Cyber Events

4 posters

Go down

Malicious Cyber Events Empty Malicious Cyber Events

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Anyone hear about this?

Recently, an Unprecedented “Malicious Cyber Event” Disrupted Grid Operations in the US
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/recently-an-unprecedented-malicious-cyber-event-disrupted-grid-operations-in-the-us/

A “cyber event” interrupted grid operations in parts of the western United States in early March, but the hack was just disclosed to the public a few days ago.

The attack marked a somber milestone for the US power sector: the unnamed utility company is the first to report a malicious event that disrupted grid operations.

“According to a cryptic report posted by the Department of Energy, the March 5 incident lasted from 9 a.m. until nearly 7 p.m. but didn’t lead to a power outage, based on a brief summary of the electric disturbance report filed by the victim utility,” E&E News reported on April 30. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Malicious Cyber Events Empty Re: Malicious Cyber Events

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 am

It's going to happen more often and they will get better at it.

It's simply a matter of time until they are able to do damage.

Unfortunately the majority of this country is willfully oblivious and doesn't care.

It's a huge and very real threat.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 07, 2019 8:19 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:It's going to happen more often and they will get better at it.

It's simply a matter of time until they are able to do damage.

Unfortunately the majority of this country is willfully oblivious and doesn't care.

It's a huge and very real threat.

I concur 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue May 07, 2019 11:20 am

I think the key here is that the attack didn't cause a power outage so it was easy to conceal from the public.

Sure, most folks don't understand how quickly things would get ugly after a couple of days without power, but I think that's more normalcy bias then willful ignorance. Then again there is a streak of "my ignorance is as good as your expertise" these days. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 07, 2019 11:24 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:I think the key here is that the attack didn't cause a power outage so it was easy to conceal from the public.

Sure, most folks don't understand how quickly things would get ugly after a couple of days without power, but I think that's more normalcy bias then willful ignorance. Then again there is a streak of "my ignorance is as good as your expertise" these days. Sigh.

I personally think this was most likely a probing attack or a beta test. Whomever was responsible probably learned a lot for when they actually choose to execute their attack.

Who knows if a worm or malicious code was uploaded either.

If you haven't been paying attention to world affairs lately some weird and unsettling things are going on....

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 07, 2019 11:44 am

Here's another article from yesterday (eenews.net) about that attack. I find the last 3 or 4 paragraphs interesting:

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1060281821

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down