Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed

Go down

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Empty Re: Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am

14 Things to Stockpile for the Next Hurricane
https://www.askaprepper.com/14-things-to-stockpile-for-the-next-hurricane/

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed 14-Things-to-Stockpile-for-the-Next-Hurricane-890x395_c   (SNIP) ... You are the only one with your family’s best intentions in mind. You must be prepared, come what may. Now that we have some time to prepare for the coming hurricane season. I am going to give you 14 things to stockpile for the next hurricane: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Empty Re: Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:58 pm

Preparing for a Hurricane or Other Tropical Storm
https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/hurricanes/before.html

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Strom_ahead_1100x276   Hurricanes don’t only affect people living along the coast. They can cause damage hundreds of miles from the shore. Learn how to be prepared.

Includes:
Make a Plan.
Gather emergency supplies.
Know the difference between a hurricane “watch” and “warning.”
Get your car ready.
Get your family and pets ready.
Get your home ready.
Be ready to evacuate or stay at home.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:52 pm

A Hurricane Reality Check
http://afludiary.blogspot.com/2010/05/hurricane-reality-check.html

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Bugout_thumb%5B1%5D   Yes, there are usually public shelters opened in hurricane areas. But these should be shelters of last resort, reserved for those who were unable (or unwilling) to make other plans.

Besides, anyone who has stayed in one of these shelters will be quick to tell you that they leave a lot to be desired in the comfort department. If you can do better, you’d be well advised to do so.

I’ve got my 72 hr `bug out bag’ already packed. For a complete description, follow the link to Inside My Bug Out Bag, but here are a few pictures of what I keep at the ready 24/7.

I’ve also a `packing list’ of other items, and can have my car loaded, and ready to go, in less than a hour. I keep a serious first aid kit in the trunk at all times, and as I'm packing I'll be running a fresh backup of my computer onto a USB Flash drive.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 am

Hurricane Preparedness List & Tips
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/weather-preparedness/hurricane-preparedness-list/

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Hurricane-preparedness   A hurricane preparedness checklist will provide reassurance that you will have thought of the essentials. A list will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will forget something during the stressful time immediately before a potential hurricane disaster.

Note: No list is a perfect or complete list. With that said, the following hurricane list will help get you thinking in the right direction.

The list is intended to provoke thought and preparation.

A secondary To-do list is linked at the end. Read and absorb this. It will help!  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:40 am

Preparing for a Hurricane
https://www.thereadystore.com/blog/preparing-for-a-hurricane

Hurricanes-How to Prepare & Supplies Needed Before-storm (SNIP) ... The best time to prepare for a hurricane is before it even happens. If you live in the coastal areas of the United States, you are at risk of a hurricane. Start preparing during the off-season months of December through May and be ready for any storm that may come. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down