Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver

+2
dmwalsh568
ReadyMom
6 posters

Go down

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Empty Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:49 am

Precious Metals: A Prepper’s Guide to Gold and Silver
https://thedailycoin.org/2018/08/10/precious-metals-a-preppers-guide-to-gold-and-silver/

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Silver-720x340   Have you been reading about all the recommendations that preppers stock up on precious metals? If you want to buy gold or silver or have some you want to know more about before you sell then this article is for you. Many people have gold, silver, or coin and paper money collections they inherited and know next to nothing about the items. You need to educate yourself on what you have before you try to sell them so you can get the best price. And if you are looking to buy, you don’t want to pay too much.   ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Sun May 03, 2020 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Empty Re: Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver

Post by TRex2 Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Even though I don't foresee anything happening in 2019, and probably not in 2020, either, I have noticed silver going up in price. More than I expected at this stage of the game.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Empty Re: Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am

TRex2 wrote:Even though I don't foresee anything happening in 2019, and probably not in 2020, either, I have noticed silver going up in price. More than I expected at this stage of the game.

With the uncertainties in the market I think people see PMs as a refuge that won't be as impacted by the next tweetstorm....

I know I've kept a conservative posture in the stock/bond markets since Trump became POTUS and his off the cuff communication style became apparent. Business love stability and hate flip flopping, but it's hard to pin POTUS down to any given position for more than a few minutes. Rolling Eyes

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:51 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:Even though I don't foresee anything happening in 2019, and probably not in 2020, either, I have noticed silver going up in price. More than I expected at this stage of the game.
With the uncertainties in the market I think people see PMs as a refuge that won't be as impacted by the next tweetstorm....
Generally that is true of gold, but silver prices in the past have reflected political uncertainty more than financial uncertainty. It just occurred to me, as I was typing this. Hong Kong has been in political turmoil, and in the past week, the Central Chinese government has been getting ever more vociferous that they will intervene. That could be where the silver buying is coming from.

I know I've kept a conservative posture in the stock/bond markets since Trump became POTUS and his off the cuff communication style became apparent. Business love stability and hate flip flopping, but it's hard to pin POTUS down to any given position for more than a few minutes. Rolling Eyes
Trumps tweetstorms and off the cuff communications are designed to keep our enemies confused. Unfortunately, there are many, like you (apparently, since you brought it up), who do not read him well, and thus, you don't seem to be able to know his positions either.

I have watched him for over 20 years (he wasn't my favorite for the job, but I am happy with what he has done), so I know his true positions have actually be near rock solid since early in his campaign, no matter what his outwards appearances have been. Kinda like watching football players going down field on an offensive drive. They may zig and zag, look left and right and even hand the ball off to someone behind them, but the goal never changes.

I truly thought Trump would get bored after about a year (he is used to working at three times the speed of Washington), and leave the Presidency, since he thrives on the fight. Little did I know the Demoncrats and MSM would keep him interested enough to stay for the long haul.

I hope you did better than I did on your investments. I have always invested too conservatively, though over the years I beat inflation by a small margin. Since Trump has been in office, those who bet heavily on him got 50% gains. Mine gains have been much smaller than that.

(Sorry this has drifted into "the political realm," but as I said before, the price of silver usually measures the amount of political upheaval perceived by the Patriot crowd. )

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:18 am

TRex2 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:
Generally that is true of gold, but silver prices in the past have reflected political uncertainty more than financial uncertainty. It just occurred to me, as I was typing this. Hong Kong has been in political turmoil, and in the past week, the Central Chinese government has been getting ever more vociferous that they will intervene. That could be where the silver buying is coming from.

Trumps tweetstorms and off the cuff communications are designed to keep our enemies confused. Unfortunately, there are many, like you (apparently, since you brought it up), who do not read him well, and thus, you don't seem to be able to know his positions either.

I have watched him for over 20 years (he wasn't my favorite for the job, but I am happy with what he has done), so I know his true positions have actually be near rock solid since early in his campaign, no matter what his outwards appearances have been. Kinda like watching football players going down field on an offensive drive. They may zig and zag, look left and right and even hand the ball off to someone behind them, but the goal never changes.

I truly thought Trump would get bored after about a year (he is used to working at three times the speed of Washington), and leave the Presidency, since he thrives on the fight. Little did I know the Demoncrats and MSM would keep him interested enough to stay for the long haul.

I hope you did better than I did on your investments. I have always invested too conservatively, though over the years I beat inflation by a small margin. Since Trump has been in office, those who bet heavily on him got 50% gains. Mine gains have been much smaller than that.

(Sorry this has drifted into "the political realm," but as I said before, the price of silver usually measures the amount of political upheaval perceived by the Patriot crowd. )

Call me crazy, but I tend to believe that what people say is what they believe at that moment. So when someone contradicts themselves early and often I tend to think they are either crazy or suffering some form of dementia and I try to disengage.

If I were just paying attention to POTUS's spoken statements he's been pretty much on message, but his tweets are all over the place and make me concerned for his mental stability. Maybe he's a genius manipulator and playing everyone, but I suspect that the tweets show the real Donald and that he has impulse control issues with authoritarian tendencies.

Not knowing which person is the real POTUS makes me very nervous since he has the nuclear football at his disposal. Opportunities for chaos are greatly multiplied because of that. Now, maybe he's just doing it to make our enemies think he's crazy enough to nuke them so they'll behave. But the way he kowtows to Putin makes me doubt that....I guess time will tell, so I keep on prepping and try to keep my head down.

Apologies for the political digression.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Call me crazy, but I tend to believe that what people say is what they believe at that moment. So when someone contradicts themselves early and often I tend to think they are either crazy or suffering some form of dementia and I try to disengage.
I won't call you crazy. Normal, maybe.
Remind me to never have you work in counterintelligence Laughing

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:53 am

So here is an article that suggests that stockpiling lots of survival gold and SHTF silver is NOT a good idea:

Survival Gold and SHTF Silver Will Make You A Disaster Target
https://www.skilledsurvival.com/survival-gold-shtf-silver/

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Survival-Gold-and-SHTF-Silver-c-1 Most survival sites suggest stockpiling lots of physical survival gold and SHTF silver.

We don’t.

However, this doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the great benefits of owning gold and silver.

There’s a smarter way.

A way to get all the gold and silver’s benefits without the barter economy risks.

And when we say risks, we mean target on your back sort of risks. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:50 pm

ReadyMom wrote:So here is an article that suggests that stockpiling lots of survival gold and SHTF silver is NOT a good idea:
Yeah, I have read all of that before.
Going though it explains why I have only a limited stash of silver,
and when I say something about silver, I always mention I have
all of it that I need.
(I won't say how much I have, but it will fit in a children's shoe box.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm

If you're into gold and silver, now is the time to buy and buy a lot.

Silver is now below $12.00 a troy ounce, I just got done ordering several hundred ounces. If you got the money, now's the time to buy.

The same with stocks, the stock market is now what it was when President Trump took office. Oil is now trading below 20.00 a barrel. I also just bought in to a couple oil company stocks and some GE stock. Once this coronavirus settles down the stocks market will skyrocket (I hope).

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm

I believe it will take a long time, but I believe you
will be proven correct (assuming someone doesn't
nuke us, in the mean time).

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm

6 Reasons for Preppers to Stock Precious Metals
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/6-reasons-for-preppers-to-stock-precious-metals/

Prescious Metals-General Info for Gold & Silver Precious-metals-text   (SNIP) ... If you relate with the stories of fellow preppers and their wants to secure protection for the future, you should begin considering certain types of investments. In particular, one of the most useful investments you can store alongside your preps is precious metals such as coins, jewelry, and silver made of both gold and silver. Not sure how or why these precious metals can benefit you in the event of global or regional catastrophe? Here are five key reasons to consider: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun May 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Based on the amount of US dollars the government and/or fed has injected into the economy, I expect about 15% inflation each of the next several years.

(Keep in mind, I am not a real economist... )

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Doomsday Prepper's Guide to Precious Metals
https://www.bullionexchanges.com/learn/doomsday-preppers-guide-to-precious-metals

While some analysts advise consumers to trade in all their assets for gold and silver, others advocate buying none of these commodities. Considering the harsh economic times and the huge market spikes of today, it would be unwise to adhere to the latter opinion.

Despite the fact that putting some of your savings in gold and silver is a smart choice, not all precious metals are worth the trouble. As a rule of thumb, you should always stick to physical metals, meaning: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:42 am

Precious metal prices have recently risen.

Gold is up. It had risen more than 20%, in light trading, over the past year or two, indicating that a minority of investors suspected the US government had over extended its borrowing, and that inflation was on the horizon. Gold has, in recent months risen another 10% in heavy trading, indicating a large number of investors are hiding their money in the gold markets.

This could be one of two things. Either a lot of investors think the US has over extended itself, or the top 1% from other countries is hiding their money from their own government's failures. We saw that behavior in the bond markets, about two years ago.

Silver is up more than 20% in heavy trading. This usually means that a significant portion of the prepper community is expecting something big and bad to happen. W haven't seen this behavior, to this degree, since the Obama Administration.

Oddly, copper is also up. Higher than it has been in several years. This would normally mean that manufacturing is going like gangbusters, but this could be speculation, in the same way that a rise in gold indicates speculation. It may be, that people in other countries, if they are priced out of the gold market, are investing in copper.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:13 am

rick1 wrote:If you're into gold and silver, now is the time to buy and buy a lot.

Silver is now below $12.00 a troy ounce, I just got done ordering several hundred ounces. If you got the money, now's the time to buy.

The same with stocks, the stock market is now what it was when President Trump took office. Oil is now trading below 20.00 a barrel. I also just bought in to a couple oil company stocks and some GE stock. Once this coronavirus settles down the stocks market will skyrocket (I hope).

TRex, people should have taken my advice several months ago. I did, I bought lots and lots of silver 1oz rounds and for what I paid and what it's worth now is about a 75% gain, same as a few of the oil stocks I bought. I have since sold the stocks and made a pretty penny. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm

As of today, 8-5-2020, gold is up 31.7% and silver is up 45.9% since the 1st of January.

If you own some, you've made some money if you decide to sell it. But, I don't think the trend will last much longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:46 pm

rick1 wrote:As of today, 8-5-2020, gold is up 31.7% and silver is up 45.9% since the 1st of January.

If you own some, you've made some money if you decide to sell it. But, I don't think the trend will last much longer.

And just like that...correction underway!

I think Robinhood traders are pumping and then dumping everything from Hertz to PM's. I was in the market again for a minute and I'm back out. Nothing is trading logically on fundamentals.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 am

Blondie wrote:
rick1 wrote:As of today, 8-5-2020, gold is up 31.7% and silver is up 45.9% since the 1st of January.

And just like that...correction underway!

I think Robinhood traders are pumping and then dumping everything from Hertz to PM's. I was in the market again for a minute and I'm back out. Nothing is trading logically on fundamentals.

Wait and see what happens on November 4th!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:29 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Wait and see what happens on November 4th!!!
Silver was about $22 an ounce this morning, down from $27 a week ago.
I have a half-a--ed record of forecasting silver prices,
but I think we will see $30 sometime before Christmas.

Don't know what next year will bring.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:01 pm

Moved here, from the Gamestop Thread, here:
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t1921-stock-market-reddit-mob#10983

TRex2 wrote:
Blondie wrote:And if you think Gamestop was fun, wait until the silver market opens later tonite.
Watched a few minutes of a podcast last night discussing how to crush the paper market for silver by buying the PM itself.
I have been wondering why silver isn't already above $30 an ounce. Had I known, last summer, before it went over $20 an ounce, I would have bought a few pounds. My "buy" price, right now is just under $26, and the price, last time I looked, is just over $27. (I have no sell price, as I never intend to sell.)

I need to look into that market, a bit more.
rick1 wrote:I posted, last year about buying silver, under precious metals, I think.

The last two years I've stocked up on silver, I've bought it as low as $$14.00/troy ounce. I have bought several pounds, at one time. I've even thought about selling some now since it's climb. Maybe I'll just wait now.

Silver is up almost 90% in the last 5 years and 54% since last year:

https://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html
You posted about it here, in March and July of 2020.
I concur with last year's advice. No do over's though.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:12 am

$SLV is up 9% pre market already.

I'm hearing rumors of precious metals dealers either deciding to stay closed today or trying to get restock inventory ASAP

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:41 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:$SLV is up 9% pre market already.

I'm hearing rumors of precious metals dealers either deciding to stay closed today or trying to get restock inventory ASAP

Last year, silver dropped below $12 or $12.50/troy ounce, I tried buying through the broker I use and there was none available, nor was there any for sale, with any broker. They won't take a loss, so they just stopped selling it, saying they were out of stock.

Just like Robin Hood and politicians, they're a bunch of flim-flammers.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:03 pm

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:$SLV is up 9% pre market already.
Last year, silver dropped below $12 or $12.50/troy ounce, I tried buying through the broker I use and there was none available, nor was there any for sale, with any broker. They won't take a loss, so they just stopped selling it, saying they were out of stock.
They think this is a seller's market, so they will sell when they can get their hands on it.
I should have bought more last year, but I didn't see the election being stolen, or the revolution as something that could happen until the election of 2022 or after. Things happened a lot faster than I thought. I had cash flow problems last spring and a dozen other excuses, but I just plain missed it.

Now my current buy mark is $26 an ounce, based on my past and future inflation forecasts. I saw silver go above $30 an ounce today, something I expected some time between the election fraud and new year's day. Watched the Ag news this morning, food prices are on the rise. There will be some (maybe a lot of) inflation this year.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down