#10 Cans ...

3 posters

Go down

#10 Cans ... Empty #10 Cans ...

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:50 am

#10 Cans Storing the Unused Contents for Later
https://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2017/03/10-cans-storing-unused-contents-for.html

#10 Cans ... 1   The issue I have with using #10 cans of dehydrated foods is I don’t use the entire can in a couple months. Normally, I fill a 1-quart canning jar to cook out of that one and the remaining amount is re-packed in three canning jars with absorbers for later use.   ---CONTINUED---

Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.#10 Cans ... Ssig_thankyou_100-100
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

#10 Cans ... Empty Re: #10 Cans ...

Post by ReadyMom Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:13 am

What is a #10 can?
https://www.thereadystore.com/blog/what-is-10-can

When you search for emergency food, you will find the majority of vendors sell their goods in a variety of container sizes like a pouch, bucket, and a #10 can. Here are a few frequently asked questions regarding the #10 can and we hope it will assist you with getting prepared. ---CONTINUED---

Anything I post may NOT be used for commercial purposes or any type of 'For-Profit' distribution.#10 Cans ... Ssig_thankyou_100-100
ReadyMom
ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 pm

ReadyMom wrote:What is a #10 can?
https://www.thereadystore.com/blog/what-is-10-can

When you search for emergency food, you will find the majority of vendors sell their goods in a variety of container sizes like a pouch, bucket, and a #10 can. Here are a few frequently asked questions regarding the #10 can and we hope it will assist you with getting prepared.   ---CONTINUED---
From the same article:
When referring to #10 can, think of a metal can of coffee that you might see at your local grocery stores or if you ever worked in the food industry you might have had the opportunity to see a #10 can in the back room.
On a slight tangent: metal coffee cans.

The article is 13 years old. All of the information is still correct, but it reminded me that about 10 years ago, I told people to save some of their old metal coffee cans, as they would become rare in the future.

I was at the market (I don't call them "store" any more), yesterday, and stopped by the coffee isle. There were still a couple kinds of coffee sold in metal one pound cans, but every other kind of coffee came either in a plastic or cardboard can.

My wife makes some really delicious banana bread, and traditionally uses a metal, one pound coffee can for a bread pan. Thankfully, I still have two, since all of the metal cans I saw had a lip, and pull tab seal (can't get the bread out of the can), rather than being opened with a can opener.
(I just checked on Amazon, even the ones with a lip are over $6 each. I can buy them with coffee in them for about the same. I guess, in the future, we will have to re-purpose an over-sized food can.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:45 pm

Hey TRex, go down to your nearest deli and tell them you want some M-T #10 cans, that's where I get all mine. (FREE).

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:50 pm

rick1 wrote:Hey TRex, go down to your nearest deli and tell them you want some M-T #10 cans, that's where I get all mine. (FREE).
That may be an idea for the future. Don't need #10's right now. In a couple of years, I will need a couple cans half that diameter (same as 1 lb coffee can). Thankfully, the ones I have are still in good shape, giving me plenty of time to find replacements, before these wear out. I would hate to not have her banana bread.

My real reason for posting the above, was to show the value of the metal cans. To me, reuse is better than recycle.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down