+2
Drinkthekoolaid
Dave58
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Earthquake/Volcano Empty Earthquake/Volcano

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:37 pm

I didn't really know where to put this but for you folks that would like a break from Groping Joe and The Covid problem here you go... Pls don't shoot the messenger lol

https://youtu.be/qalX9ZD9v0I

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Earthquake/Volcano Empty Re: Earthquake/Volcano

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:52 pm

Yes it's good to discuss. This is La Palma cumbia Vallejo volcano in the canary islands off western Africa being mentioned.

If I lived within 50 miles of the Atlantic I would really be paying attention.

Something like this is actually possible to generate a massive tsunami that can wipeout the us eastern seaboard and if that's not bad enough.... Remember Fukushima?  There are like 6 nuclear plants on east coast that would likely be flooded.

I don't think it will be the doomsday scenario of waves going 50 miles inland but in some places 5 miles is certainly possible. And just think how many people live along the Atlantic or within 5 miles of it.  Think of the cities, ports, industries, transportation infrastructure.

This has "potential" to be an absolute catastrophe

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm

The first thing that crossed my mind was the nuclear power plants and everything snowballed from there... Its ok I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:59 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:18 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...
I don't think it will be the doomsday scenario of waves going 50 miles inland but in some places 5 miles is certainly possible. And just think how many people live along the Atlantic or within 5 miles of it.  Think of the cities, ports, industries, transportation infrastructure.

This has "potential" to be an absolute catastrophe
The question is: how far inland would the refugees go?

Most casualties will be from lack of sanitation (our infectious disease control resources are already depleted from Covid) and from people acting badly.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:31 pm

Yeah, I'm within the 50 mile zone, but well outside the 5 mile zone. So I have a Google alert set for anything to do with Cumbre Vieja and saw that they've had an earthquake swarm, but no mention of collapse yet. I should have 8 hours from a collapse until any waves arrive, and luckily for me, Cape Cod will take the brunt of any waves hitting MA and should limit how far inland we feel the effects.

Chances are my family would be heading my way (unless they are out of town when it happens), but I've already got enough supplies for them, so they just need to get out of harms way quickly enough.

Here's hoping things don't get ugly, since it would be months to years to deal with a disaster of this scale.

dmwalsh568

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Does that mean Long Island will disappear?

The far left wingers don't want to come inland too far, they might disappear permanently!!!!!

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:Yeah, I'm within the 50 mile zone, but well outside the 5 mile zone. So I have a Google alert set for anything to do with Cumbre Vieja and saw that they've had an earthquake swarm, but no mention of collapse yet. I should have 8 hours from a collapse until any waves arrive, and luckily for me, Cape Cod will take the brunt of any waves hitting MA and should limit how far inland we feel the effects.

Chances are my family would be heading my way (unless they are out of town when it happens), but I've already got enough supplies for them, so they just need to get out of harms way quickly enough.

Here's hoping things don't get ugly, since it would be months to years to deal with a disaster of this scale.

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan so far.

Stay ahead of the masses. Keep your gas tank and spare gas cans full. Buy a little extra groceries. Etc..

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:09 pm

The 2 really important questions I should have asked is
1 Will the wave hit the White house ?
2 Can Biden swim???

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Dave58 wrote:The 2 really important questions I should have asked is
1 Will the wave hit the White house ?
2  Can Biden swim???

1. Yelp
2. Like a rock

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm

UPDATE: September 14, 2021

Alert level for Cumbre Vieja volcano raised to Yellow, La Palma, Canary Islands

https://watchers.news/2021/09/14/alert-level-cumbre-vieja-volcano-raised-yellow-la-palma-canary-islands-september-2021/

UPDATE: September 15, 2021

Magma intrusion at Cumbre Vieja volcano, La Palma, Canary Islands

https://watchers.news/2021/09/15/magma-intrusion-cumbre-vieja-volcano-la-palma-canary-islands-september-2021/

The Alert Level is still at Yellow for the municipalities of El Paso, Los Llanos de Aridane, Mazo, and Fuencaliente de la Palma.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:27 pm

ReadyMom wrote:UPDATE: September 14, 2021

Alert level for Cumbre Vieja volcano raised to Yellow, La Palma, Canary Islands

https://watchers.news/2021/09/14/alert-level-cumbre-vieja-volcano-raised-yellow-la-palma-canary-islands-september-2021/

UPDATE: September 15, 2021

Magma intrusion at Cumbre Vieja volcano, La Palma, Canary Islands

https://watchers.news/2021/09/15/magma-intrusion-cumbre-vieja-volcano-la-palma-canary-islands-september-2021/

The Alert Level is still at Yellow for the municipalities of El Paso, Los Llanos de Aridane, Mazo, and Fuencaliente de la Palma.

The activity seems to be increasing and picking up

Drinkthekoolaid

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 pm

This is really kinda frightening. And nothing is being said. They said in the YouTube video that TPTB don't want to scare people. Yup ... this would do it, looking at the updates, above.

I remember when I first started doing panflu presentations, in my own community, our local leader said he wouldn't do any public education on prepping because he wanted to keep his job and not scare folks. Sounds like the same thing now, for this.

I'm another 2 hours outside of Phila. So seems like we'd still get 'wet', if this were to happen. I wish there were more graphics to anticipate scenarios.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Adding: Is there ANYTHING ELSE that we could possibly have to worry about, anymore? I'm seriously tired with all the bad, anymore.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm

ReadyMom wrote:This is really kinda frightening. And nothing is being said. They said in the YouTube video that TPTB don't want to scare people. Yup ... this would do it, looking at the updates, above.

I remember when I first started doing panflu presentations, in my own community, our local leader said he wouldn't do any public education on prepping because he wanted to keep his job and not scare folks.   Sounds like the same thing now, for this.

I'm another 2 hours outside of Phila. So seems like we'd still get 'wet', if this were to happen. I wish there were more graphics to anticipate scenarios.

If you're 2 hours inland from Philly you're fine. You would potentially just have to be worried about losing power, traffic gridlock on roads and refugees/chaos. Those would be your biggest immediate concerns.

But your house will be good to go.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 pm

ReadyMom wrote:This is really kinda frightening. And nothing is being said. They said in the YouTube video that TPTB don't want to scare people. Yup ... this would do it, looking at the updates, above.

I remember when I first started doing panflu presentations, in my own community, our local leader said he wouldn't do any public education on prepping because he wanted to keep his job and not scare folks.   Sounds like the same thing now, for this.

ReadyMom, you're around 330 plus feet above sea level at Harrisburg, see attached. You don't have nothin' to worry about:

https://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/midtown_harrisburg_pa_usa.158582.html

ReadyMom and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:55 pm

rick1 wrote:

ReadyMom, you're around 330 plus feet above sea level at Harrisburg, see attached. You don't have nothin' to worry about:

https://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/midtown_harrisburg_pa_usa.158582.html

I'm not a hydrologist nor geologist but I h5a hard time comprehending how much energy would be needed to get a tsunami more than5-10 miles inland and to 50 feet above sea level 5 miles in.

Drinkthekoolaid

ReadyMom and rick1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:36 am

ReadyMom wrote:Adding: Is there ANYTHING ELSE that we could possibly have to worry about, anymore? I'm seriously tired with all the bad, anymore.

Maybe Zombies ??? Very Happy Very Happy

Just trying to make you smile RM...Remember when your burden gets to heavy lean on the Lord he will help you carry it

Dave58

ReadyMom, rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:47 am

Found this:

U.S. East Coast Could be SUBMERGED by Tsunami at Canary Islands Volcano Eruption with Landslide!

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/u-s-east-coast-could-be-submerged-by-tsunami-at-canary-islands-volcano-eruption-with-landslide

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:59 am

ReadyMom wrote:Found this:

U.S. East Coast Could be SUBMERGED by Tsunami at Canary Islands Volcano Eruption with Landslide!

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/u-s-east-coast-could-be-submerged-by-tsunami-at-canary-islands-volcano-eruption-with-landslide

It's a very real threat but IMO that is over hyping it and the real threat is scary enough on its own.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:10 am

Here's another:  (This one seems to be more reserved and prefaces with there are variables that could reduce impact. Makes sense to me. It's why I was digging a bit more, to find out more.

How Far Inland Can A Tsunami Travel On The East Coast USA?

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/natural-disaster/how-far-inland-would-a-300-foot-tsunami-go-on-the-east-coast/

Admin

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Here's another:  (This one seems to be more reserved and prefaces with there are variables that could reduce impact. Makes sense to me. It's why I was digging a bit more, to find out more.

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/natural-disaster/how-far-inland-would-a-300-foot-tsunami-go-on-the-east-coast/

Hopefully and pray that it doesn't happen, even this map will cause hundreds of thousands of deaths. At least it will give an 8 hour notice for the east coast so some people can get inland if the traffic permits.

Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:51 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Here's another:  (This one seems to be more reserved and prefaces with there are variables that could reduce impact. Makes sense to me. It's why I was digging a bit more, to find out more.

Hopefully and pray that it doesn't happen, even this map will cause hundreds of thousands of deaths. At least it will give an 8 hour notice for the east coast so some people can get inland if the traffic permits.

"If/when" this happens and if it generates a tsunami that reaches the Atlantic coast and you live near there, make sure you know whether you live near a nuke plant or not. If you are near a nuclear reactor that gets hit it might go Fukushima and melt down.  Make sure you know if you know if you are near any chemical plants.. Make sure you are aware

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

ReadyMom, rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:04 pm

http://www.ign.es/web/ign/portal/vlc-area-volcanologia

This might give a better idea since our government will not be letting us know anything until its almost to late to react

Click on the earthquakes in canary island icon

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:06 am

rick1 wrote:...
Worst case scenario would be?
11 cities listed, average 1 million per city, 11 million deaths.

A couple of things I would like to note, one good, one bad.

Bad. No one will have the full 8 hours notice. When the news does come out, if it is daylight or early evening, the roads will be instantly gridlocked, if it comes out at night, most people won't know it until they wake up in the morning. Then, if there is time, the roads will be gridlocked.

Conclusion: plan to deal with the initial impact, where you are.

OTOH, I notice the maps don't make allowances for the terrain resisting the flow of the water (and the author says as much). I would say you can add 1 meter height, for each 100 meters inland, so if someone is 6 miles inland (10,000 meters), they only need to be 200 meters above sea level, and beyond about 18 miles, everything is safe, except maybe where some rivers are backing up.

Again, a disaster like this will send refugees inland, and towns or farms within 100 miles of the coast will have to deal with a huge influx of people.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:13 am

TRex2 wrote:
OTOH, I notice the maps don't make allowances for the terrain resisting the flow of the water (and the author says as much).  

That's one of the first things that came to my mind. Terrain resistance. I knew I could count on you to be better at this than I am for explanations. Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:39 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
rick1 wrote:

"If/when" this happens and if it generates a tsunami that reaches the Atlantic coast and you live near there, make sure you know whether you live near a nuke plant or not. If you are near a nuclear reactor that gets hit it might go Fukushima and melt down.  Make sure you know if you know if you are near any chemical plants.. Make sure you are aware

And while closed nuclear plants won't melt down, that doesn't mean you're safe. They will have radioactive materials in their cooling ponds for years or decades post closure.

So here in MA, the Pilgrim nuclear power plant is shuttered as of May 31, 2019, but a tsunami that impacts it will likely spread radioactive material all over the area if the storage areas aren't strong enough to survive the impact.

Everybody got their civil defense meters and dosimeters ready? Evil or Very Mad

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:46 am

From Thursday (9/16):

La Palma Island (Canary Islands): earthquake swarm slows down
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/la-palma/news/141522/La-Palma-Island-Canary-Islands-earthquake-swarm-slows-down.html

The earthquake swarm has slowed down significantly over the past 24 hours, ...

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:19 am

ReadyMom wrote:From Thursday (9/16):

La Palma Island (Canary Islands): earthquake swarm slows down
https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/la-palma/news/141522/La-Palma-Island-Canary-Islands-earthquake-swarm-slows-down.html

The earthquake swarm has slowed down significantly over the past 24 hours, ...

Here's one from just today, be on alert fokes:

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/09/17/volcano-alert-on-spains-la-palma-after-swarm-of-earthquakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:49 am

Good Video explaining La Palma Volcano:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:50 am

People evacuated on Spanish island of La Palma after volcano eruption warning
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/people-evacuated-on-spanish-island-of-la-palma-after-volcano-eruption-warning/ar-AAOBDSE

Around 40 people with mobility problems and some farm animals on the Spanish island of La Palma were evacuated to safer areas on Sunday after scientists warned of the rising risk of a volcanic eruption.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:31 am

Anybody have any idea how much of the power grid will be affected if this thing happens ?? How far major water ways will be pushed inland ???

Everybody is trying to get their u-tube clicks its getting really hard to get accurate information with out the drama.....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:34 am

Dave58 wrote:Anybody have any idea how much of the power grid will be affected if this thing happens ??
Pretty much all of the grid, east of the Appellations, will be affected, temporarily. Most of it will come back up in a few days, though. Except the parts that actually got sea water in them.

How far major water ways will be pushed inland ???
Depends on which way the river flows. Tsunamis are not known for going around the corner too much. If it gets a straight line inland, it will go until it hits something where it has to change direction, and that change will take the steam out of it.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:44 pm

Last edited by rick1 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add another link)

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:56 pm

Another update from a few minutes ago, volcano is erupting:

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/19/latest_news/1632066113_282243.html

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:03 pm

rick1 wrote:Another update from a few minutes ago, volcano is erupting:

If it burps and farts enough maybe it won't blow the side out of the volcano..... PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:13 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Another update from a few minutes ago, volcano is erupting:

If it burps and farts enough maybe it won't blow the side out of the volcano..... PopCorn

One of the articles I was reading said it was erupting from 5 different holes in the mountain so far, now that to me doesn't sound too good.

If I lived anywhere near the Atlantic coast, I'd be looking for updates from there every 5 or 10 minutes.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:30 pm

Yep, it's been erupting for the last 2 hours or so.

No escaping it now, they closed the airport there, it's now a seismic crisis there:

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/lapalma/sep2021seismic-crisis/current-activity.html

Last edited by rick1 on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:35 pm

If I lived anywhere near the Atlantic coast, I'd be looking for updates from there every 5 or 10 minutes.
If I lived anywhere near the Atlantic coast, I would be packing to leave.
(And I would have left months ago.)

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:38 pm

TRex2 wrote:
If I lived anywhere near the Atlantic coast, I would be packing to leave.
(And I would have left months ago.)

Laugh Animated Laugh Animated Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Another update from a few minutes ago, some 5000 evacuated:

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:26 pm

Live Video:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:19 am

Actually the videos are kind of reassuring.

While I'm not going to stop watching for an event, unless a large chunk of the western slope all slides into the Atlantic at once then chances of a mega-tsunami are minimal. So I think it's a good thing that the volcano is releasing pressure and not building up to a Mount St Helens style blowout.

That said I'm keeping a few windows open on my work computer so I can keep an eye on things and warn my family if a collapse starts.

dmwalsh568

ReadyMom, rick1, Dave58, TRex2 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:53 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:Actually the videos are kind of reassuring.

While I'm not going to stop watching for an event, unless a large chunk of the western slope all slides into the Atlantic at once then chances of a mega-tsunami are minimal. So I think it's a good thing that the volcano is releasing pressure and not building up to a Mount St Helens style blowout.

That said I'm keeping a few windows open on my work computer so I can keep an eye on things and warn my family if a collapse starts.

I think you're safe dm, scientist say it's slim to none on the tsunami. But you never know, the first sign of something like a slid, didi out of there.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:Actually the videos are kind of reassuring.

I think a gradual release of pressure is best case scenario and reduces the probability of a catastrophic event.
I think in the future this latest series of earthquakes and magma movement has made the fracture more unstable and increased the likelihood of a future tsunami but for the time being it appears to be decreasing

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next