French riots

2 posters

Go down

French riots Empty French riots

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Is anybody else watching this?

I thought France was a gun restricted country. If that is so then where did the rioters get automatic weapons and all the ammo?

Somebody pls tell me we are not suppling the weapons to the rioters thru the Ukraine...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12254627/Clashes-erupt-France-tear-gas-fired-hours-Nahels-family-friends-attended-funeral.html

Dave58

Back to top Go down

French riots Empty Re: French riots

Post by TRex2 Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:07 am

Sure. I been watching it.

(Not so closely, as I am retired from all that Cool )

This isn't anything really new (see below), but a resurrection of an old problem:
Discontent.

In a well functioning, truly capitalist society, discontent would lead to people working harder to accomplish goals. But, ever since the "Robber Baron" age, discontent has lead to some civil unrest. Marxism (which is thriving in France) enhances that, in a big way, in fact, that is one of the goals of Marxists.

If you read the entire article (keeping in mind the BBC leans left), you might recognize: this is where the idea that everyone loves liberty and democracy runs head on (demolition style) into the reality that those concepts are not suited to most peoples.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66056374
Sporadically over the last 18 years there have been outbreaks of rioting in the suburban cités or tenements, whose once-immigrant populations are now often third- or fourth- generation French.

Typically triggered by the accidental death or injury of a young male resident - an accident blamed on the police - they tended not to last more than a night or two.

Not since 2005 has there been a protracted trauma of the kind that now threatens.

Back then, as now, troubled banlieues went up in flames one by one across the country, as one suburb after another copycatted what had gone before.

Then as now, the main targets (beyond the easy prey of parked cars) were town halls, police stations and schools - any building essentially that might be flying a French flag.

TRex2

Back to top Go down