Sewing Supplies

2 posters

Go down

Sewing Supplies Empty Sewing Supplies

Post by ReadyMom Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 pm

The Short List of Essential Off-Grid Sewing Supplies
http://foodstorageandsurvival.com/the-short-list-of-essential-off-grid-sewing-supplies/

In a grid down situation, sewing may become quite a valuable skill as clothes and furnishings need repaired, rebuilt, or created. Even in everyday life, having the tools and skills to do some sewing repairs can be extremely useful. There are a myriad of sewing tools out there as evidenced by racks of “notions” in even small town sewing shops. But which ones do you really need? Here’s my short list of essential off-grid sewing supplies, and for simplicity, I’m assuming most of us won’t have a treadle sewing machine and will be sewing by hand.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Sewing Supplies Empty Re: Sewing Supplies

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:30 am

Great list.

My wife and I go to the auction a lot (probably to much) and we buy almost all of the sewing supplies that come from time to time they go cheap for some reason nobody seems to want them.. We bought a gallon jar of buttons for a dollar a couple of weeks ago , also we have been picking up a lot of crochet and embroidery stuff so if you have a local auction its a great place to add to your preps

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm

The Ultimate Mending Kit
https://www.threadsmagazine.com/2012/04/12/the-ultimate-mending-kit

Sewing Supplies Xprd372976_z-main   Plastic sewing box from Joann Fabric and Craft Store

(SNIP) . . . . To get you started, Fionn put together this list of everything you need to tackle all of your garment repairs.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:45 pm

DIY Dollar Store Sewing Kit
https://preparednessmama.com/diy-dollar-store-sewing-kit/

Sewing Supplies Diy-dollar-store-sewing-kit  

The ability to create and repair clothing has been a great benefit to me over the years. I had the foresight to learn to sew when I want a teenager. It was offered in a home-ec class I took. Even though I don’t sew regularly, I still keep up on my skills and I like to have a simple sewing kit on hand for emergencies. Sewing skills are an important part of your preps.

This is a completely portable kit  ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down