Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK

5 posters

Go down

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK Empty Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:29 am

Ten Essential OTC Medications to Stockpile by Cynthia J. Koelker, MD
http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/12/ten_essential_otc_medications.html

Are over-the-counter (OTC) drugs really worth stockpiling? As a family physician my answer is a resounding yes. Most of the following were actually prescription medications when first released. (In higher dosages, several still are.) Although other OTC drugs are worth considering, these ten have been selected due to their ready availability, affordability, safety in both adults and children, and multi-use potential. Used alone or in combination, they can effectively treat dozens of conditions including: headache, fever, sore throats, ear ache, menstrual cramps, heartburn, arthritis, ulcers, diarrhea, allergies, hives, congestion, dizziness, mild anxiety, nausea, vomiting, poison ivy, athlete's foot, ringworm, eczema, insomnia, backache, gout, diaper rash, yeast infections, and many more common illnesses.  ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK Empty Re: Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 am

Over The Counter Meds For Survival
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/over-the-counter-meds-for-survival/

Once you get beyond the basics of survival, it helps to think of actually being able to tolerate a disaster. The over the counter medication recommendations are pretty self-explanatory, as most people can read directions and also have some knowledge of these meds already in their occasional use during their everyday lives.

The following medications should be stored separately from your regular stock. Meaning… you should buy extra specifically for storage, as you do for your long term food storage. Medications, like food, need to be stored in a cool, dry, and preferably dark environment to maximize shelf life.

Note: Regarding the use of any of the following medications, consult with your doctor.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK Empty Re: Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 am

10 Essential OTC Medications for Your Emergency Kit
http://thesurvivalmom.com/10-essential-otc-medications-emergency-kit/

Modern medicine has made life easier and longer lasting in so many ways. Most people do not even realize that all of these wonderful things, like aspirin for example, have been around in their current form for only a little over 100 years. Our easy access to so many different medicines over the counter (OTC) is something that will be sorely missed should the S ever hit the fan.

Here are 10 OTC medicines that everyone should have in their emergency supplies, everyday carry and bug out bags. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:32 am

17 OTC Meds for Survival Kit
http://survivallife.com/2015/07/17/18-otc-meds-for-your-kit/

--- (Snip) --- Most likely there isn’t a person reading this that doesn’t have a bottle of aspirin or acetaminophen, most commonly known as Tylenol, in the house. Chances are you even have some ibuprofen which sells under the name of Advil or Motrin. We have this because from time to time we have all suffered some sort of ache and pain.

Do you have something in the house to handle an allergic reaction? What about something to handle a sudden bout of diarrhea?

It is very important to insure you have a good stock of the following OTC or over the counter, medications or treatments in the house, in your bug out bag, your get home bag. Many of these items should also be carried as part of your EDC (everyday carry).

Always be prepared with: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

As far as the OTC listed in the previous posts, I got them all and a few extras. Can never have enough.

The OTC's that are not pill form, I keep track of the expiration dates and replace them on a yearly basis, but I don't throw them away, I keep for on extra year.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Top 30 Over-the-Counter Meds to Stockpile
http://www.askaprepper.com/counter-medications-stockpile/

In an extreme and long-term survival situation, many items we take for granted today will be highly prized. If you made a list of items that most survivalists and preppers try to stockpile, near the top would be ammo, food and life-critical prescription drugs. Slightly lower on the list, but no less in demand, are over-the-counter medications. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:03 pm

rick1 wrote:As far as the OTC listed in the previous posts, I got them all and a few extras. Can never have enough.

The OTC's that are not pill form, I keep track of the expiration dates and replace them on a yearly basis, but I don't throw them away, I keep for on extra year.

Yeah, anything that is a solid pill I intend to keep until I use it or pass on. But some are caplets or worse yet, gelcaps. Caplets aren't quite as durable as regular pressed pills, but liquid medicines expire pretty rapidly after the best by date, so I take no chances and rotate those out early and often.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/drug-expiration-dates-do-they-mean-anything

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:54 pm

THIS is what I like ... being able to read what others are doing with things like meds. THEY are the type of things I'm never REAL sure about! Yeast, for baking, is another! Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:18 pm

I have to take a blood pressure med s everyday and recently a friend of mine told me he was taking Turmeric to help keep his BP down and so I gave it a try and now my BP stays around 125/72 which is great for a 59 year old fat guy ( at least 30 lbs over weight).

My question is. Is there any other vitamins that i could take to help with the BP? If shtf BP meds would become a thing of the past

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Dave58 wrote:I have to take a blood pressure med s everyday and recently a friend of mine told me he was taking Turmeric to help keep his BP down and so I gave it a try and now my BP stays around 125/72 which is great for a 59 year old fat guy ( at least 30 lbs over weight).

My question is. Is there any other vitamins that i could take to help with the BP? If shtf BP meds would become a thing of the past

Here Dave58, not vitamins but some herbs:

https://www.healthline.com/health/high-blood-pressure-hypertension/herbs-to-lower#basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Rick1

Thanks brother I appreciate the info.....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:40 am

Dave58 wrote:I have to take a blood pressure med s everyday and recently a friend of mine told me he was taking Turmeric to help keep his BP down and so I gave it a try and now my BP stays around 125/72 which is great for a 59 year old fat guy ( at least 30 lbs over weight).

Dave58, although these aren't vitamins, vitamins are in these 15 foods that help lower blood pressure:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/health-fitness/foods-everyone-with-high-blood-pressure-should-eat.html/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Good info - thanks! I do keep the 10 meds around, always have.

I just dumped a bunch of liquid meds I've had for more than 5 years! Sad

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 am

Here's a list of the top ten antibiotics to have on hand in a SHTF situation, from drugs.com. You can also look up any other drug you want to know about:

https://www.drugs.com/article/antibiotics.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 am

The Only 4 Painkillers You Need to Stockpile For SHTF
https://www.askaprepper.com/the-only-4-painkillers-you-need-to-stockpile-for-shtf/

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK The-Only-4-Painkillers-You-Need-to-Stockpile-For-SHTF-4-890x395_c   When you’re in a SHTF situation, the last thing you need to deal with is pain on top of everything else. From increased activity that most of us aren’t used to—chopping wood, traveling by foot, and tending to a full-scale garden, for starters—to lack of medical treatment if a new injury occurs or an old injury is aggravated, having effective painkillers in your stockpile is a must for any prepper.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:11 am

33 Over-the-Counter Meds You Need to Stockpile
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/over-the-counter-meds-you-need-to-stockpile/

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK 33-OTC-meds-to-stockpile-before-disaster-strikes-pin-2   (SNIP) ... The medications listed below should take care of all the most common ailments such as allergies, arthritis, congestion, constipation, cough, cramps, diarrhea, dizziness, fever, headache, heartburn, nausea, sore throat, runny nose, vomiting, and more.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:32 am

The Only Supplements You Need To Stockpile For A Crisis
https://www.askaprepper.com/the-only-supplements-you-need-to-stockpile-for-a-crisis/

Stockpiling Medications-WHAT to STOCK The-Only-Supplements-You-Need-To-Stockpile-For-A-Crisis-9   (SNIP) ... Stocking up on groceries is not always an option as food tends to expire quickly. However, stocking up on supplements and vitamins is an excellent option that has never been easier.

If you are planning to create a preparedness kit in case of a crisis or you already have one, here are some supplements you should include in order to avoid nutritional deficiencies: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down