Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own

Post by rick1 Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:33 pm

A good herb to buy/grow is parsley, we grow our own, even in the winter:

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-792/parsley

rick1

Back to top Go down

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Empty Re: Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Purslane: The Omega-3 You Can Grow for Free!
https://thegrownetwork.com/purslane-omega-3/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Bigstock-149045666   I was at the farmers market a few years ago checking out the seasonal greens. I noticed a lovely display of a succulent-type plant that looked exactly like a weed I’d been pulling out of my garden by the wheelbarrow loads for the last week.

It was selling for $6 a pound and people were lining up for it. Well, I bought a bag full and took it home to compare with the stuff that was swallowing my garden beds. Yep—exact match!

After that I did more research and discovered that the weed—oops, I mean “green”—was purslane. From that moment on, I stopped weeding it and started eating it—chopped in salads, sauteed with other greens, pureed in smoothies, mixed with bean dishes, and more.   ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:17 am

$0 Alternatives to Pain Meds
https://www.askaprepper.com/0-alternatives-to-pain-meds/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 0-Alternatives-to-Pain-Meds-Cover3-890x395_c When you are in pain, you need fast relief. But pain medicines have side effects that you may want to avoid, and now we are possibly facing shortages of drugs. One solution that I have found is using herbs for pain relief.

Most people are unaware of the pain-relieving qualities of herbs that are readily available across the United States. You probably have most of these growing near you. ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:53 am

11 Herbal Alternatives to Antibiotics
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/herbal-alternatives-antibiotics/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 11-herbal-alternatives-to-antibiotics-wide-1   Oftentimes, the world’s best medications are not the ones developed in labs, but rather the ones made by Mother Nature. For thousands of years, mankind has relied on various herbs to treat a wide range of conditions.

While the advent of antibiotics drastically reduced the popularity of these herbal alternatives, they still remain effective to this day and are starting to enjoy more popularity as many diseases have grown resistant to antibiotics.   ---CONTINUED---

Arrow-Right  CROSS POSTED in Medical Concerns :: Medicines :: Antibiotics

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Chicory is used for more then the root for coffee.

Here are 15 proven health benefits of chicory:

https://www.plantshospital.com/chicory-benefits/

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed May 26, 2021 7:25 pm

Made some Plantain salve today

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 26, 2021 7:33 pm

Dave58 wrote:Made some Plantain salve today

OK Dave, I've really never heard of plantain salve, what is it used for?

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed May 26, 2021 8:35 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:Made some Plantain salve today

OK Dave, I've really never heard of plantain salve, what is it used for?

Bug bites , bee stings , poison ivy that sort of stuff

https://youtu.be/6bw897h-NqY

I'm going to make some dandelion salve next its supposed to be good for sore muscles

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Wed May 26, 2021 10:43 pm

Dave, there is a seller on Etsy by the name of Plant Guru that has an essential oil called Deep Muscle Synergy. Nice ingredient stack of warming oils for arthritic joints/sore muscles. Prices begin at $5.99. Highly recommend.

I have osteoarthritis in one knee and I use it at night to lessen morning stiffness when I wake up. When it really bothers me, oil first and Ben Gay on top. I have 'script ibuprofen, also take that at night to lessen stiffness.

Certainly not Chanel No 5 so you may need to apologize to Mrs. Dave Very Happy

Blondie

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 am

Blondie wrote:Dave, there is a seller on Etsy by the name of Plant Guru that has an essential oil called Deep Muscle Synergy. Nice ingredient stack of warming oils for arthritic joints/sore muscles. Prices begin at $5.99. Highly recommend.

I have osteoarthritis in one knee and I use it at night to lessen morning stiffness when I wake up. When it really bothers me, oil first and Ben Gay on top. I have 'script ibuprofen, also take that at night to lessen stiffness.

Certainly not Chanel No 5 so you may need to apologize to Mrs. Dave  Very Happy

Thumbs Up-2

I will check that out

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:07 am

Wild Lettuce: Natural Pain Killer– Identification, Use, and Preparation
https://alphasurvivalist.net/wild-lettuce/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Wild-Lettuce-Natural-Pain-Killer1200-1024x439   (SNIP) ... There are literally thousands of plants that have a modicum of medicinal value, but those that provide pain relief have always been regarded very highly. One such plant, that is often at the top of many peoples’ list as it offers excellent pain relieving properties is Lactuca Virosa, also known as the wild lettuce or opium lettuce.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:54 am

15 Medicinal Herbs for Natural Pain Relief
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/medicinal-herbs-to-help-you-ease-pain-naturally/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Ngcb11 Although I think it’s a good idea to stock up on OTC medicines, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have any natural medicines as well. OTC medicine has an expiration date, but you can grow fresh medicinal herbs year after year, making them a great option for people who want to live off the grid or at least be a little more self-sufficient.

(SNIP) ... One type of medication that people will miss more than any other in a grid-down scenario is painkillers, so pain relief is going to be the main focus of this list. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:03 am

Medicinal uses of garlic
https://www.backwoodshome.com/medicinal-uses-of-garlic/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Alton134-1 One of the greatest gifts of natural medicine that can be found on this earth is garlic, or Allium sativum. It has been used as a natural remedy for thousands of years. It has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. It is also an antioxidant and an immune stimulant. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 23, 2022 10:10 am

8 Reasons To Leave A Purslane Weed Growing
https://homemaking.com/hannah/leave-purslane-weed-growing/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Fb3 You’ve likely seen this little weed before. It’s called purslane, and it commonly grows along the edge of walkways and in between patio stones. If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably been pulling out this weed for years. However, the next time you see purslane sprouting up somewhere, don’t kill it! There are many surprising health benefits to this little plant. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:51 am

14 Survival Trees You Can Forage For Medicine
https://www.askaprepper.com/14-survival-trees-you-can-forage-for-medicine/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 14-Survival-Trees-You-Can-Forage-For-Medicine-0-750x375   Perhaps most people think of herbs, when it comes to creating natural medicinal products.

However, the world is surrounded by plenty of trees that can also be used to make powerful medicines to help aid in our health, without destroying the tree.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:54 am

The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them
https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-Apothecary-Medicinal-Herbs-Them/dp/1604695676

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F0130%2F8502%2Fproducts%2F978-1604695670_2   Start your path to natural wellness with the safe, trusted advice found in The Herbal Apothecary. With the guidance of naturopath JJ Pursell, you will learn how to safely create your own remedies using plants you know and love. Incorporating traditional wisdom and scientific information, The Herbal Apothecary provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to plant-based medicine. It features profiles of the 100 of the most important medicinal plants that include information on medicinal uses, identification and cultivation, and recipes for common concerns. Additional information includes step-by-step instructions for making herbal teas, tinctures, compresses, salves, and more. This comprehensive guide includes treatments for men, women, and children that address a variety of concerns including muscle strain, the flu, the common cold, insomnia, anxiety, and much more.

Arrow-Right CROSS POSTED here: Medical Books & Large Publications

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:15 pm

Why Knowing How to Use Plantain Is Like Carrying a First Aid Kit Around in Your Pocket
https://gardeningsoul.com/why-knowing-how-to-use-plantain-is-like-carrying-a-first-aid-kit-around-in-your-pocket/?fbclid=IwAR3SZQxNnS4Hg6SdzdjiWlXW50S1TfdjrD_wuTqntkQ4w3Mi9-6mn0CB9a4

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Plantain-Weed-Benefits   (SNIP) .... Herbalists believe it to be one of the best, most readily available herbs for a variety of first aid applications and chronic health problems. Plantain herb is also a nutritious edible full of calcium and high amounts of vitamins A, C and K. It can be prepared in myriad ways for medicinal use.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:45 am

15 Medicinal Herbs for Natural Pain Relief
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/medicinal-herbs-to-help-you-ease-pain-naturally/

Medicinal Herbs & Plants-Forage or Grow Your Own - Page 2 Ngcb11 (SNIP) ... One type of medication that people will miss more than any other in a grid-down scenario is painkillers, so pain relief is going to be the main focus of this list. You won’t find anything as strong as Vicodin below, but if nothing else these herbs can make the pain more tolerable.

Here, then, are 15 medicinal herbs that are natural painkillers. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:03 pm

For info on how to grow Herbs in a bucket container, go HERE:

Gardening >> Container Gardening
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t361-container-gardening#17086

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2