6 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Iranian developments - Page 5 Empty Re: Iranian developments

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West, Daily Big Threats blog:

Iran's Supreme Leader: No Talks With US; Maximum Pressure Campaign Futile
http://www.payvand.com/news/19/sep/1040.html

... (SNIP) Iranian officials - including the president, the foreign minister and others - have unanimously voiced their objection to any talks with the US - be it in a bilateral or a multilateral setting," the Leader stated.

Ayatollah Khamenei said talks with Iran would be possible only if the US returns to a 2015 nuclear deal that it abandoned last year. Under that multilateral accord, Washington had lifted its anti-Iran economic sanctions.

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West, Daily Big Threats blog:

Five Options For A U.S. Military Response To Iran
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markcancian/2019/09/17/five-options-for-a-u-s-attack-on-iran/#37183da1b0ec

• Enhance air defenses around Saudi cities and oil facilities.
  • Launch a missile strike at Iranian military facilities.
  • Launch missiles and airstrikes against a broad range of Iranian targets, including civilian infrastructure.
  • Conduct an extended air campaign.
  • “Quarantine” Iran.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 am

ReadyMom wrote:
TRex2 wrote:

BTW: Iran is backed by Russia.
If we go to all out war, they will wreck the US.
By comparison, Iraq was a walk in the park.
  Question  In what way?
Not sure what you mean by "what way"
If you mean what methods would they use, they have a variety of ways at their disposal. Russia can and does provide them with high tech weapons like the S-300 air defense missiles. They also have a fairly robust cyber warfare program. What is worse is that they have several thousand operatives right here in the US, including in our own government, and we only know where a very small percentage of those operatives are (the system we were using to find and track them was gutted, years ago).

Can we count on our allies?
Not really. They can't even figure out if they are under attack or not, and currently are trying to make it illegal to tell them that they are under attack.
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/topics/39/threats-to-free-speech
Britain recently returned control of an Iranian oil tanker going to Syria to Iran so that it could go on about its illegal mission. Not a promising development.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:53 am

Saudi Arabia buys 10's of billions of dollars worth of defense from the U.S., I'd like to know why they don't fight their own conflicts?

Anybody have any answers?

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:19 am

rick1 wrote:Saudi Arabia buys 10's of billions of dollars worth of defense from the U.S., I'd like to know why they don't fight their own conflicts?

Maybe because they aren't very good at it? Cool

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Saudi Arabia buys 10's of billions of dollars worth of defense from the U.S., I'd like to know why they don't fight their own conflicts?

Maybe because they aren't very good at it?

Cheers-Beer2 You're a hoot TRex2  Laugh-Roll

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-military-putting-vital-force-153444408.html

Very interesting timing to conduct the largest ever maritime mobilization training exercise

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Saudi oil attacks an 'act of war' by Iran, not Yemen rebels, Pompeo claims
https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-oil-attack-act-of-war-iran-pompeo

Iran, who has repeatedly denied involvement in the bombings, warned Wednesday that it would "immediately" retaliate against the United States if Tehran is targeted over a crippling weekend attack on Saudi oil facilities.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Hat Tip   Hat Tip to John West, over at his Daily Big Threats blog:

Iran’s Act of War
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/irans-act-of-war/

... there can be no doubt that by any standards, the direct attack on Saudi Arabia was an act of war, and as it was entirely dependent on Iranian weapons procurement and instruction, it is an escalation of the war-by-proxy between Iran and Saudi Arabia in Yemen with an outright act of war by Iran against Saudi Arabia.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 am

ReadyMom wrote:Hat Tip   Hat Tip to John West, over at his Daily Big Threats blog:

Iran’s Act of War
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/09/irans-act-of-war/
That article is amazingly clear about the history and politics of the Saudi, and surrounding governments. I wish we could make the first four paragraphs "required reading."
(of course, we would have to explain a lot of the words in the article, as most people don't know what Wahhabism is, or what the Ottoman Empire was...)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:06 pm

rick1 wrote:Iran threatens an all out war with the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-warns-us-of-all-out-war-if-attacked/2019/09/19/26c04864-da4c-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html

So ... will they consider the increased sanctions on themselves as a threat?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:02 am

rick1 wrote:Iran threatens an all out war with the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-warns-us-of-all-out-war-if-attacked/2019/09/19/26c04864-da4c-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html
1.I did not see that in the article, and I believe you are misrepresenting what they said.
2. Many are not aware that we have defense interests at stake in this conflict, not the least of which is that Iran must be kept in check, and that means we have a stake in almost all of its neighbors.
3. Never forget that the Washington Post is hostile to Trump and therefore hostile to the defense of our nation.

UPDATE:
As it has been pointed out, I was
in error on my first point, here.

Last edited by TRex2 on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:03 am

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:Iran threatens an all out war with the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-warns-us-of-all-out-war-if-attacked/2019/09/19/26c04864-da4c-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html

So ... will they consider the increased sanctions on themselves as a threat?
Iran considers anything that interferes with their global jihad to be a threat.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:26 am

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Iran threatens an all out war with the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-warns-us-of-all-out-war-if-attacked/2019/09/19/26c04864-da4c-11e9-a1a5-162b8a9c9ca2_story.html
1. I did not see that in the article, and I believe you are misrepresenting what they said.
2. Many are not aware that we have defense interests at stake in this conflict, not the least of which is that Iran must be kept in check, and that means we have a stake in almost all of its neighbors.
3. Never forget that the Washington Post is hostile to Trump and therefore hostile to the defense of our nation.

TENSE IN TEHRAN: Iran Threatens US with ‘ALL OUT WAR,’ Vows to Fight to the ‘Last American Soldier’
https://hannity.com/media-room/tense-in-tehran-iran-threatens-us-with-all-out-war-vows-to-fight-to-the-last-american-soldier/

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif was speaking with CNN when he warned the Trump administration that any military strike would result in a prolonged conflict with the Islamic Republic.

“We won’t blink to defend our territory,” Zarif said, adding his military will fight “to the last American soldier”

“I make a very serious statement about defending our country. I am making a very serious statement that we don’t want to engage in a military confrontation,” he added.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:58 pm

My apologies. I misread what rick1 wrote.
If you look back you will see this sequence of words:
and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American
I missed the comma and if you think about it, you will understand what I, mistakenly, thought I saw.
My fault.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:58 pm

TRex2 wrote:My apologies. I misread what rick1 wrote.
If you look back you will see this sequence of words:
and Saudi Arabia, vows to fight to last American
I missed the comma and if you think about it, you will understand what I, mistakenly, thought I saw.
My fault.
no worries! Cheers-Beer2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:48 pm

How does Russia stand to benefit from the attacks on the Saudi oil fields:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/saudi-oil-attacks-how-does-russia-stand-benefit

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:24 am

Putin is slipping. He used to be much more subtle. Not that it would matter to someone like myself, I have always been able to see right through him, but the public, for the most part, sees him as just another guy running just another country. They have no idea the role he plays on the entire world stage, and even in prophesy.

As for the article, they got off to a good start and are right on this:
we should not underestimate the political and security aspects of these attacks - particularly with respect to Russia.

The situation has increased the value of stable and secure energy supplies, which plays directly into Moscow’s hands.

Given its system of oil and gas pipelines to Europe, and the developing pipeline to China, Russia has established a reputation as a reliable energy supplier. Its ability to protect its vital energy infrastructure, which has not experienced major failures or attacks over the last several decades, bolsters this reputation further.

Moscow simply doesn’t face the same risks as Saudi Arabia in oil production and supply.
However, they are just a little short of the mark on this:
Moscow has no interest in augmenting the growing tensions in the Gulf.
Russia's goal is, and always has been (for 101 years) global dominance, nothing less. Destabilizing the mid East is most certainly in their interest, as it allows them to "turn" countries to them, and away from us. Turkey is an example where this is going on, and has been for several years (since the middle of 2102).

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:44 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:14 am

HatTip2 Hat tip to John West's blog 'Daily Big Threats':

Saudi will respond against Iran if probe confirms role in attacks, foreign minister says
https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/saudi-will-respond-against-iran-if-probe-confirms-role-in-attacks-foreign-minister-says-1.913056

"Be careful, a limited aggression will not remain limited. We will pursue any aggressor. We are after punishment and we will continue until the full destruction of any aggressor," the head of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corp, Major General Hossein Salami, said in remarks broadcast on state TV.

"Whoever wants their land to become the main battlefield, go ahead," he told a news conference in Tehran.

"We will never allow any war to encroach upon Iran's territory.

"We hope that they don't make a strategic mistake", he said, listing past US military "adventures" against Iran.

Saudi Arabia, which has been involved in a five-year war across its southern border in Yemen, has said Iran "unquestionably sponsored" the attacks.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:34 pm

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/iran-launches-surprise-drill-near-turkey-border/1636691

Just found this I didn't know if it goes here or with Turkey & Syria..

Either way it seems like things are picking up speed

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll/iran-launches-surprise-drill-near-turkey-border/1636691
Just found this I didn't know if it goes here or with Turkey & Syria..
Either way it seems like things are picking up speed  
Both.
Thankfully there is about 100 miles of Iraq between Syria and Iran.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:04 am

Plot twist...

Now an Iranian tanker has allegedly been hit in the red Sea (on the western side of Saudi Arabia)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7561679/Iran-reports-Explosion-Iran-oil-tanker-Saudi-Arabia.html

Hmm...

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 pm

I kinda wonder why they did it there.
Hopefully they chose the location based
on where it would do the least environmental
damage, but that is probably optimistic.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:43 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West, over at his blog "Daily Big Threats":

Iranian general: Our missiles are aimed at 21 US bases in the region
https://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-general-were-targeting-21-us-bases-in-the-region/

An Iranian general has warned that Iran’s missile arsenals are aimed at 21 American military bases in the Middle East and the country is prepared for “the greatest war against the greatest enemy.”

In a November 29 speech, at an event in the southern city of Bushehr commemorating 40 years since the establishment of the Basij paramilitary force, Gen. Allahnoor Noorollahi also said that Iran had the ability to raze Haifa and Tel Aviv to the ground.    ---CONTINUED---  

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:52 pm

He can damage those cities, certainly, but "raze them to the ground" ? No, not until they get nuclear warheads on their missiles. (He is probably thinking that he has thousands of conventional missiles in Lebanon, but those take time to get into play, plus then, there is the Iron Dome.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Timeline to nuclear weapons is getting a little shorter.

https://www.inss.org.il/publication/irans-nuclear-violations-jcpoa-and-beyond/
While Iran seems not to want to seriously rock the boat — and emphasizes that all of its JCPOA breaches are immediately reversible — the implications of its violations are becoming more and more serious and could elicit a harsher international reaction. Iran’s actions, including detaining an IAEA inspector, look increasingly hostile. With a stockpile of over 500 kg of LEU, the Institute for Science and International Security (ISIS) has estimated that Iran’s breakout time has already been reduced from 8-12 months to 6-10.

While Iran tries to justify its JCPOA violations as a response to the US breach of the deal – a narrative that has been largely embraced by the mainstream media, and most international actors – not enough attention has been devoted to other problematic aspects of Iranian behavior that touch on its continued efforts to lay the foundation for a weaponization program. The activities in this regard – including not reconfiguring Fordow, or lying about having purchased additional tubing for the reactor at Arak, before cement was poured into them – are less easily pinpointed than when the specific enrichment limitations set out in the nuclear deal are crossed. Moreover, it is behavior that has not featured in the quarterly reports of the IAEA, and consequently is rarely raised in the media or discussed in the wider debate, although it raises serious concern.

The latest IAEA report on Iran shines light on two additional issues of concern, but provides no details. It reports that the IAEA attended one meeting of the JCPOA Procurement Working Group, but fails to relate to US intelligence regarding Iran’s efforts to procure dual-use goods that could be used in a nuclear weapons program in the 2015-2018 period. Moreover, the report fails to mention anything about its investigation into the Iran nuclear archives – the original Iranian documents detailing its plans for producing five nuclear bombs that Israel extracted from Tehran in January 2018. These documents – which include information about scientists, facilities, and equipment involved in Iran’s military nuclear program that were not known in 2015 – were turned over to the IAEA over a year and a half ago.

For the first time, the latest IAEA report does include reference to uranium particles (natural uranium of “anthropogenic origin”) that were found at an undeclared nuclear site that was revealed by Prime Minister Netanyahu at the UN in September 2018, and from which soil samples were taken earlier this year. This was after the Iranians had emptied the warehouse over the summer of 2018, once they knew Israel had turned over the nuclear archives. According to a report by David Albright and Andrea Stricker, in a recent briefing to journalists, “the Israelis…stated that the uranium’s characteristics and age do not correspond with uranium from any nuclear facility previously disclosed by Iran, implying that there exists or existed an undeclared Iranian uranium conversion facility.”

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:12 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iran-is-secretly-moving-missiles-into-iraq-us-officials-say/ar-BBXM675

As the world turns or These are the days of our lives....
Take your pick.....It helps to keep me motivated

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:52 pm

Dave58 wrote: ...msn...blah blah blah...

As the world turns or These are the days of our lives....
Take your pick.....It helps to keep me motivated  
Iran has been stockpiling missiles in Lebanon and Gaza for years, so hiding a few in Iraq isn't surprising.

It is part, however, of an ever widening field of targets we will have to deal with, in any future contest.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:48 am

The situation with Iran continues to deteriorate.

Their milita backed group launched rickets at our bases killing and wounding Americans.

We responded by bombing the militia camps.

Iran is now organizing their protesters to storm the American embassy in Iraq.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:02 pm

They stormed it several hours ago,
but I don't think they got in,
and we have sent reinforcements.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:22 pm

TRex2 wrote:They stormed it several hours ago,
but I don't think they got in,
and we have sent reinforcements.

But to have the audacity to organize an attempted take over of US territory.... I don't see that going unanswered.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:55 pm

The news just reported that an additional 100 Marines are on their way to reinforce the Marines that are there and helicopter gunships are now flying over the protestors and are dropping flares (for now).

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:26 pm

This is significant.

A lead element of the 82nd just got emergency deployment orders ASAP to Iraq

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/troops-middle-east-baghdad-embassy-kuwait

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:45 pm

rick1 wrote:The news just reported that an additional 100 Marines are on their way to reinforce the Marines that are there and helicopter gunships are now flying over the protestors and are dropping flares (for now).

750 soldiers with 82nd Airborne headed for CENTCOM, additional 4,000 troops expected to deploy as Iran tensions mount
https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2020/01/01/750-soldiers-with-82nd-airborne-headed-for-centcom-additional-4000-troops-expected-to-deploy-as-iran-tensions-mount/

Roughly 750 soldiers with the Army’s 82nd Airborne Division are slated to be wheels up soon headed for Kuwait with an additional 4,000 American troops expected to deploy later this week, a U.S. defense official confirmed to Military Times.

“At the direction of the Commander in Chief, I have authorized the deployment of an infantry battalion from the Immediate Response Force (IRF) of the 82nd Airborne Division to the U.S. Central Command area of operations in response to recent events in Iraq,” Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said Tuesday evening in a written statement.

“Approximately 750 soldiers will deploy to the region immediately, and additional forces from the IRF are prepared to deploy over the next several days,” Esper said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:47 pm

Ooops ... sorry DTK ... looks like I posted the same headline as you! (At least we're watching ... but we should probably be getting ready to toast the New Year. It's a quiet one for us, this year.)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:47 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog

Klein: Iran Crossed All Red Lines with U.S. Embassy Breach
https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2019/12/31/klein-iran-crossed-all-red-lines-with-u-s-embassy-breach/

(SNIP) ... Dozens of Iraqi Shiite militiamen and their supporters broke into the U.S. Embassy compound in Baghdad on Tuesday, smashing a main door and setting fire to a reception area, angered over deadly U.S. airstrikes targeting the Iran-backed militia. U.S. guards fired tear gas and palls of smoke rose over the grounds.
An Associated Press reporter at the scene saw flames rising from inside the compound and at least three U.S. soldiers on the roof of the main embassy building. There was a fire at the reception area near the compound’s parking lot but it was unclear what had caused it. A man on a loudspeaker urged the mob not to enter the compound, saying: “The message was delivered.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:50 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog

US Embassy security personnel fires rubber bullets at Baghdad protesters in second day of unrest
https://us.cnn.com/2020/01/01/middleeast/us-embassy-baghdad-iraq-protests-attack-intl/index.html

Security personnel at the US Embassy in Baghdad fired tear gas and rubber bullets at hundreds
of protesters on Wednesday, as demonstrations at the compound entered a second day.

Protesters were seen trying to climb the embassy's exterior walls, an eyewitness -- who asked not to be named for security reasons -- told CNN.

Others said the protesters were hurling rocks at the building and trying to set fire to its walls and to the security booths at the main entrance.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:07 am

This is just waiting for escalation

No chance president Trump doesn't retaliate against these militias and Iran won't like that at all.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:45 am

There is one thing for sure, President Trump will not be sending pellet loads of cash like O'Bozo did, he'll be sending pellet loads of precious metals (LEAD, tipped with explosives). Laugh Animated

And don't count out Israel giving us a little help with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
TRex2 wrote:They stormed it several hours ago, but I don't think they got in, and we have sent reinforcements.
But to have the audacity to organize an attempted take over of US territory....  I don't see that going unanswered.
He has indicated that he won't take lives unless the other side kills one of ours, first.

rick1 wrote:There is one thing for sure, President Trump will not be sending pellet loads of cash like O'Bozo did, he'll be sending pellet loads of precious metals (LEAD, tipped with explosives). Laugh Animated
And don't count out Israel giving us a little help with that.
It is a little premature to guess what Trump is going to do. He isn't as predictable as people think he is. He generally doesn't bluff, though.

But don't ya just love the smell of RDX and Cordite...

Now, related to this thread, I laid out the interlinking of many of the threats against the US, in the NKorea thread.
https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com/t600p50-north-korea#5719

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:32 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 pm

That deployment of 750 to 3000 (depending on which report you read) is just a fraction of the 82nd, which has over 16,000 troops (near 20,000 if at full strength, but that never happens). What Hal Turner thinks is shocking amounts of equipment is what Army calls "basic issue" stuff. (Army is huge.)

All that said, if he is right about the quantity of troops and that they are moving equipment from Diego Garcia to Kuwait, then something is surely afoot.

You may recall that we said we were going to do something to repay Iran for their attack on the Saudi refinery? Well, we still owe Iran a black eye for that, and the Administration has already been on the news in the past couple days stating that these attacks on our embassy are puppets of the Iranian regime, as were those who attacked us in December.

I would not want to be in the Iranian military service in the next month.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:59 pm

There is speculation that we just assisinated the Iranian linked organizer of the embassy attack

Here is some of what is being reported
https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-baghdad-airport-injuries-reported

The CIA may have just attacked Iranian Nationals on Iraqi territory.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:21 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/rocket-attack-shuts-down-baghdad-airport-after-joint-us-iraqi-base-targeted

More reports coming in that it appears to be a US assassination

If accurate, this is a huge retaliation. Pay attention to news and events in the next 48 hours.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:26 pm

https://www.foxnews.com/world/rockets-baghdad-airport-injuries-reported

Fox news now reporting it.

Holy crap they got solemeni!

Wow.  The gloves are off.

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Iran is going to flip out. They may treat this as an act of war.

Be vigilant folks.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:05 am

Iran has all but promised attempting to avenge Soulemeni

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7847923/Iran-promises-crushing-revenge-America-assassination-general-Qasem-Soleimani.html

https://news.yahoo.com/iran-vows-harsh-response-us-064000730.html

It's on.  

If you have a pistol, carry it. Carry extra mags. I would personally avoid crowds and soft targets. Gas up your vehicles and storage cans, have enough food and water at home. Etc.

Iran is going to do something, somewhere.  Not sure if they keep it local in the middle East or attempt to attack us here with sleeper cells.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:40 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Iran has all but promised attempting to avenge Soulemeni

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7847923/Iran-promises-crushing-revenge-America-assassination-general-Qasem-Soleimani.html

It's on.  

If you have a pistol, carry it. Carry extra mags. I would personally avoid crowds and soft targets. Gas up your vehicles and storage cans, have enough food and water at home. Etc.

Iran is going to do something, somewhere.  Not sure if they keep it local in the middle East or attempt to attack us here with sleeper cells.

Oh yes, they're up on their toes now, depending what they actually do to get revenge, depends if we make a glass parking lot of them.

The area I live in is too far out in the sticks for them to come and get me, but I'm ready for them.

Forgot to add, I bet little rocket man has his eyeballs on what the U.S. has done and will do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 am

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Iran has all but promised attempting to avenge Soulemeni

It's on.  

Oh yes, they're up on their toes now, depending what they actually do to get revenge, depends if we make a glass parking lot of them.

The area I live in is too far out in the sticks for them to come and get me, but I'm ready for them.

Forgot to add, I bet little rocket man has his eyeballs on what the U.S. has done and will do.

Very wise, I also thought that this was an indirect "warning" to Kim as well.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:01 am

Iran will depend on its allies in the middle east to help them:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/01/03/iran-has-invested-allies-proxies-across-middle-east-heres-where-they-stand-after-soleimanis-death/

I don't know how good Iran is as far as cyber attacks, but this is one way of getting even and not even firing a bullet. Our financial system, infrastructure, etc., could be in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:45 pm

New York city and LA beefing up security amid the killing of Iran's top General:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/03/politics/iran-commander-killed-us-cities-take-measures/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:03 pm

A 3 minute video on how Iran may attack U.S. or it's military in the middle east, including cyber attacks. It takes a minute or two for the video to start. The video has the speaker x out, you may have to click on it to hear the video:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-01-03/iran-capable-of-significant-cyber-attack-retaliation-adm-stavridis-video

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 am

Iran is already scoping and preparing to attack our networks:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/01/03/cyber-attack-should-be-expected-us-strike-iranian-leader-sparks-fears-major-digital-disruption/

So don't rely on internet staying up at some point. Ugh! Back up whatever you have on line. I've always made paper files for ALL the info on the EHP site. I have BINDERS full of info, but since building this discussion site, I've not had time to add all the new info we've been posting. Guess I'd better get busy.

So, keep cash on hand instead of digital banking? Photos backed up on personal files instead of 'cloud' storage. What else? Cyber affects so many things! (Do we need a separate thread discussion for this?)

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:33 pm

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog:

Another report on cyber concerns:

Iran strike puts U.S. cybersecurity experts on alert
https://www.euronews.com/2020/01/04/iran-strike-puts-u-s-cybersecurity-experts-alert-n1110256?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+euronews%2Fen%2Fsci-tech+%28euronews+-+sci-tech+-+en%29

Cybersecurity professionals across the U.S. expressed a mixture of concern and caution Friday, with many explicitly saying that they are gearing up for potential retaliation from Iran, which has already proven in recent years to be a formidable adversary in the cyber realm.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum