Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

North Korea - Page 2 Empty Re: North Korea

Post by Dave58 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:37 am

My Genie predicts a glass parking lot for South Korea to park their vehicles on, just north of them.

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20190910204724-nzj8i And the game goes on PopCorn
That new MLRS is a hybrid, firing Short Range Ballistic Missiles, for all practical purposes, and if there is a conventional war on The Peninsula, it will massively increase the number of people killed in the conflict. Let us pray that never happens.

rick1 wrote:My Genie predicts a glass parking lot for South Korea to park their vehicles on, just north of them.
I don't doubt that, but when, and
how much damage will LRM do before getting glassed over...
Those are the questions.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:06 pm

TRex2 wrote:...

I am really concerned with that SIMPO class sub they are building.
It will be a game changer, and could give Little Rocket Man a false
sense of  abilities that he doesn't really posses (like playing the
strong man against Trump).
I have run across information, both good and bad, about their nuclear submarine program.

The biggest news is good, and here it is:
https://www.38north.org/2019/08/jwit082919/
The article basically says that we have all been overestimating the value of the Sinpo class sub, and that it won't be as useful to LRM as anyone thinks it will be.
I am still concerned, however, that it will give LRM some false sense of power.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:00 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 am

Korea and Japan will suffer total destruction in a very short time, if N.Korea decides to go to war.

Their ability to deliver nuclear weapons (how many of them are designed to be delivered by a ballistic missile? That is a bit more specialized.) beyond 2000 miles is somewhat in question.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:59 pm

http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world that we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

Last edited by Dave58 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:26 am

Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world they we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

More troubling is that it was an underwater launch of a missile that is meant for use in submarines.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/north-korea-fires-projectiles-agreeing-talks-191001233713698.html

It's unclear if it was actually sub launched for this test or just an underwater test platform, but either is still more concerning since it puts them closer to having a real sub threat in the Sea of Japan at a minimum.

And hopefully the acting secretary of defense is up to following these developments, since with the antics in DC its unlikely any confirmation hearings will be taking place anytime soon....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world they we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

More troubling is that it was an underwater launch of a missile that is meant for use in submarines.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/north-korea-fires-projectiles-agreeing-talks-191001233713698.html

It's unclear if it was actually sub launched for this test or just an underwater test platform, but either is still more concerning since it puts them closer to having a real sub threat in the Sea of Japan at a minimum.

And hopefully the acting secretary of defense is up to following these developments, since with the antics in DC its unlikely any confirmation hearings will be taking place anytime soon....

I hadn't been paying much attention to this launch, I just assumed it was another large unguided multiple launch rocket they tested.

Perfecting SLBM technology is certainly not good. It's very worrisome and I don't know what we can do at this point anymore.

I think we are too far down the road to stop NK and we have to accept they are a nuclear power.

This is all the more reason as an example to not let Iran reach this point.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:33 pm

Perfecting SLBM technology is certainly not good. It's very worrisome and I don't know what we can do at this point anymore.
Well, they are still a long ways from perfecting it, but that is the direction they are headed.

I think we are too far down the road to stop NK and we have to accept they are a nuclear power.
Well, yes and no. They have nuclear bombs, but for the most part, they can't deliver them further than the nearest truck stop, because a number of them are so clumsy they would have to deliver them by truck. They have maybe a half dozen that might fit into a missile, and that might detonate when it gets to its target. So, it kinda depends on what you want to call a nuclear "power."

As I have said before, it is like a drunk across the street with a snub nosed pistol. He isn't likely to kill you, but there is always that outside chance. And again, like I always say, we have him massively out gunned, and would wipe him from the map, but we don't know in a fit of madness, if he might start feeling froggy. Especially after he finishes building that new SINPO class submarine. (Which is a lot better than what he has, but nothing close to what we have.)

This is all the more reason as an example to not let Iran reach this point.
Well, this, I can completely agree on.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm

The more discussion there is about Kim's SIMPO class submarine, the less sure we seem to be about how far along he actually is.

Previous reports that it actually a ROMEO class sub appear to be incorrect.

Or there may be two subs under construction, and they are currently focusing on getting another ROMEO class sub out to sea, just so they can say they are progressing.

Still, it seems they are making progress. We just don't know how much progress.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:31 am

I am a bit behind in my studies of N. Korea, as I currently consider the threat to be a distant (at least several months from now) one. That said, N. Korea is now just playing a waiting game (while slowly rebuilding what the "destroyed" while negotiating). They know Trump will be out of office, eventually.

There is an article of reasonable length and detail on why we will never successfully disarm (or denuclearize) N. Korea.
https://www.38north.org/2019/10/rcarlin101719/
Here is the reality. North Korea likely already has an arsenal of nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them throughout much of Northeast Asia. That is the result of an effectively planned and executed development program since 2002, one unhindered by the feckless policies and ineptness of two US administrations. Sanctions, even at the level of “maximum pressure,” never had a chance of pushing Pyongyang to reverse its nuclear weapons program, much less give it up. The North Korean economy, for reasons economists cannot grasp, has not slid precipitously downhill. Over the past several years, economic, and to some extent, social change—whether from top down or from the bottom up is irrelevant—has not unhinged the system but extended its life. The North Korean leader, much mocked by Western observers, is beginning his ninth year. International fulminating against the North’s human rights situation has gained us nothing and, what is worse, has done nothing to help the victims. Seoul has no leverage, Tokyo is inept and neither Beijing nor Moscow can bring the Pyongyang to heel. Indeed, the image of Xi Jinping or Vladimir Putin tugging at an imaginary leash and telling Kim, “Sit, dammit, sit,” is laughable.

What I see is that people expect the N. Korean government to behave in a way that is rational in the eyes of those who have been exposed (even unknowingly) to the Judeo Christian system of thought. This even applies to S. Korea and Russia, who were exposed at times in the past.

Even Dennis Prager, when defending Christian values, never discusses where N.Korea is, on the morals scale. He discusses people that cannot discern the difference in value between Humans and Animals. In N.Korea, they understand that, but by our standards, those in power value neither. Not at all. They only value staying in power. And they value cunning. By our standards, we might consider them Psychopaths.

https://www.dennisprager.com/better-answers-the-case-for-judeo-christian-values/

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:32 am

Here is the other side of the coin from the previous posting.

If you wonder about the "readiness" of the N.Korean war machine, this article says they may not be ready to do much.

https://www.38north.org/2019/11/sohae110819/
Recent commercial satellite imagery indicates no new activity at the Launch Pad or Engine Test Stand at North Korea’s Sohae Satellite Launching Station. Some activity has been observed at the Horizontal Assembly Building, the nature of which is unclear but is likely related to agricultural activities.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:18 am

https://apnews.com/773e2ffd5e5c461f99993c274181bfee

I will leave this here....

There is cherry pie and a cup of coffee with my name on it....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:48 am

Dave58 wrote:https://apnews.com/773e2ffd5e5c461f99993c274181bfee

I LOVE pie & coffee for breakfast! Just LOVE PIE! Love Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:19 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://apnews.com/773e2ffd5e5c461f99993c274181bfee
Pie and coffee ... don't blame you for just dropping this and running back to breakfast.

This is the same weapon system you and I posted about on 10 and 11 Sep, in this thread.

The article does have at least one error. It said:
Attention is now focused on whether North Korea will resume long-range missile and nuclear tests which have been suspended since it conducted the third of three intercontinental ballistic missile tests in November 2017.
Two of those missiles were not ICBM's. They were IRBM's, a shorter range missile, not capable if hitting Chicago from N.K.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 am

It's looking more likely as days, weeks and months go by with no significant breakthrough that we are slowly going back to the previous policy towards NK.

I'm thankful we tried diplomacy, but at this point it does not look encouraging anymore, I fear the situation is reverting back to what I was 2 years ago.

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-says-conducted-very-013048446.html

https://news.yahoo.com/war-north-korea-unavoidable-073400083.html

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...
I'm thankful we tried diplomacy, but at this point it does not look encouraging anymore, I fear the situation is reverting back to what [it] was 2 years ago.
It is already fairly close to what is was, two years ago.
Trump bought us an extra year (more or less), but nothing
will change their course, except annihilation.

I haven't really looked into his latest test,
so I will have to get back to this, later.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Unclassified intel sources are saying there is no way to know what the goal of the rocket motor test was a couple days ago. They give all sorts of theories, but have no solid evidence to conclude which theory is the true one.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:01 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:09 pm

rick1 wrote:North Korea threatens the U.S. with a Christmas gift:

https://www.ask.com/youtube?q=north%20korea%20threatens%20us&v=tntOCGkgt98&o=0&l=dir&qo=saLink

Did you see the look on his face right around 27 seconds into the video.. The little girl with the flowers got way to close before anybody could react..... I think the little fat boy was afraid

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:19 pm

The little girl with the flowers got way to close before anybody could react..... I think the little fat boy was afraid
Chrysanthemums and VX agent?

He killed his brother by sending a girl with VX agent.

(Just a note, that I am not a flower guy so I don't have any idea what kind of flower they were.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:11 am

The next 12-24 hours could get interesting

https://www.foxnews.com/media/gen-jack-keane-north-korea-christmas-surprise-u-s-response

Let's see if anything comes out of this

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:31 am

Only time will tell PopCorn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:08 am

rick1 wrote:Only time will tell PopCorn
That emoji is appropriate.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Trump urged to ‘lower the boom’ on North Korea amid new threats
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-urged-to-lower-the-boom-on-north-korea-amid-new-threats

North Korea’s vague threats of a potential year-end provocation – what the regime has dubbed a “Christmas gift” – have analysts and ex-officials urging the Trump administration to consider tougher options toward Pyongyang in 2020.

Kim Jong Un’s regime wants sanctions eased by the end of the year, and its warnings have prompted speculation they could be planning a new missile test, possibly of an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of delivering a nuclear warhead.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:48 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Trump urged to ‘lower the boom’ on North Korea amid new threats
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-urged-to-lower-the-boom-on-north-korea-amid-new-threats
If my calculations are right, Christmas ended in N.Korea about 10 AM this morning (14 hours ahead of us).  The linked article shows a time stamp about one hour before that.

Some people want us to take preemptive action. If this were based on a power struggle between US and NK, in a vacuum, I would agree.  But we don't exist in a vacuum: there are 190 other countries in the world to think about, and about 18,000 (give or take 12,000) sleeper agents from our various enemies, that we need to take into consideration.

We can never take that bait.

UPDATE: just checked, they are 15 hours ahead of us.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:28 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West Blog:

US and South Korean special operations forces are practicing raiding enemy facilities amid rising tensions with North Korea
https://taskandpurpose.com/us-and-south-korean-special-operations-forces-are-practicing-raiding-enemy-facilities-amid-rising-tensions-with-north-korea

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean and U.S. special operations forces recently conducted drills simulating the infiltration of an enemy facility, U.S. military photos seen by Reuters on Monday show, as tensions with North Korea ratchet up ahead of a year-end deadline.

(SNIP) ... A South Korean official said the drill was designed as a hostage rescue operation training as part of a counter-terrorism drill conducted quarterly by the allies. The U.S. Forces Korea did not respond to a request for comment.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Scudrunner Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:02 am

Great information on North Korea! I believe that the largest threat to us and survival is North Korea. Not that they can beat us or kill us all but... they can do damage and if we move on them China and Iran will move in. You see their joint exercises now.

I do think it's wise to keep track of the news as open source intelligence right now... actually always. Be forewarned is the first key to staying prepared and alive. Kim Jong Un is mentally unstable and could do almost anything. Rest assured that our military is more prepared than ever to deal with Un.

I have to travel, as many of you have to do, over the next few days. I have a winter bugout kit in my car. I also have a plan for me and my family.

Scudrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:16 am

Scudrunner wrote:Great information on North Korea!  I believe that the largest threat to us and survival is North Korea.  Not that they can beat us or kill us all but... they can do damage and if we move on them China and Iran will move in.  You see their joint exercises now.
I agree. I equate him to a drunk with a snub nosed 38, across the street.
There is no doubt that we could kill him, any time,
but if he gets off a lucky shot, it could also spell the end for us.

I do think it's wise to keep track of the news as open source intelligence ...  
Open source intel.
That is a specialized term, you self taught, or a veteran?

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Well on the bright side there was no gift. So that's encouraging that they didn't piss away the last 2 years of diplomacy, but, there still has been no meaningful breakthrough and the rhetoric has been increasing.

I think we are going back to a defacto cold war with NK

my prediction is Kim Jung un is waiting to see who wins our election in 2020. If a dem wins he will increase his bligerence, if Trump wins he will sign a meaningful deal. I think he's afraid that if he makes a deal with trump now and months later trump loses, that the incoming Dems will go back on the deal and he would have lost his leverage.

Just my .02 cents.

I much prefer a peaceful resolution because every month that passes NKs capabilities increase and they are more dangerous.

It may come to the point where they have a reliable delivery system, 100 warheads and tell us they don't care about deals and will just do as they please.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:48 am

As one who reads the signs of the times, I cannot be nearly as optimistic as you are.

IMHO, Kim has already pissed away the last two years of diplomacy, since he is still working towards his previous goals, and all of our sanctions against him are still in place. Trump's fiery rhetoric bought us a couple years delay in Kim's progressive strategy, but that is all that has happened, and we are already back to a cold war with N.K.

I do agree Kim is waiting to see who wins in 2020, but he is already ramping up his belligerence. If the Demoncrats win, he and his friends will protest the sanctions in the UN, where he may get relief, because without Trump, we have no one to back us up. Meanwhile he and his friends will be cheating on the sanctions, wholesale, as they know the Demoncrats will not do anything.

If Trump wins he wins he will sign a meaningless agreement, in hopes of getting the sanctions relief, and will begin cheating on it immediately. I do not think a meaningful resolution, other than war can be had, and since I consider Kim to be a psychopath, I think he will do as he pleases, anyway.

And that is why we prep...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:46 am

TRex2 wrote:As one who reads the signs of the times, I cannot be nearly as optimistic as you are.

IMHO, Kim has already pissed away the last two years of diplomacy, since he is still working towards his previous goals, and all of our sanctions against him are still in place. Trump's fiery rhetoric bought us a couple years delay in Kim's progressive strategy, but that is all that has happened, and we are already back to a cold war with N.K.

I do agree Kim is waiting to see who wins in 2020, but he is already ramping up his belligerence. If the Demoncrats win, he and his friends will protest the sanctions in the UN, where he may get relief, because without Trump, we have no one to back us up. Meanwhile he and his friends will be cheating on the sanctions, wholesale, as they know the Demoncrats will not do anything.

If Trump wins he wins he will sign a meaningless agreement, in hopes of getting the sanctions relief, and will begin cheating on it immediately. I do not think a meaningful resolution, other than war can be had, and since I consider Kim to be a psychopath, I think he will do as he pleases, anyway.

And that is why we prep...

I used to be more optimistic. At the height of the "summits" and NK stopping ICBM and nuclear testing I really thought there was a 50/50 chance it might work.

Now, at best I give it a 15-20% chance of working. It sucks because we're in a terrible position of being forced to act militarily or to just accept they can hold the world hostage. Both are terrible options. I reluctantly think if we have to "stop" them it should be sooner than later before they increase their capabilities. I hold out hope that we might give Kim a chance to save face if we just wipe out his nuclear infrastructure and leave the rest alone that he might not retaliate and live to dictate another day.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Scudrunner Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:46 am

My guess is we are at a crossroads with NK. I'm sure our battle plans are already written. NK leadership has been locked down now for several days according to press releases. Like other conflicts we would use stealth aircraft first and/or the CHAMP AGM-86C (no yield EMP cruise missile) to take out comms and technology. But, this could bring world condemnation and perhaps a retaliatory strike by third-party players.

Scudrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Scudrunner Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:51 am

I'm new here and not sure if this link has been shared before. While this isn't probably the best topic for it, it's still relevant to the topic.
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Scudrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:59 am

Scudrunner wrote:I'm new here and not sure if this link has been shared before.  While this isn't probably the best topic for it, it's still relevant to the topic.

GREAT link! I'm going to share over in the nuclear thread, in 'Prepping Guidelines'.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:56 am

Scudrunner wrote:I'm new here and not sure if this link has been shared before.  While this isn't probably the best topic for it, it's still relevant to the topic.
I have seen that link, and run some numbers through it, but I don't know if I saw it on this forum, yet, or if it was a different forum.

Here is an article about the CHAMP cruise missile, but ultimately they don't agree that it is a useful weapon against N.Korea. (Personally, I think it would be more useful against Sinaloa Cartel operations, but I am a bit devious.)
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/champ-americas-emp-missile-might-be-able-fry-north-koreas-23610
Narang noted that nuclear options could be considered along with any conventional strike option. However, just about any conventional option is probably likely going to be more effective than a HPM. “Why wouldn’t you just use a conventional explosives? CHAMPS is an HPM-armed cruise missile,” Lewis asked. “If you know the location of a missile about to launch, or a nuclear site, and you are going to hit it with a cruise missile, it makes far more sense to use a conventional explosion. What is the upside of using a munition that is less likely to damage it and that may damage it in a way that we can’t see? Think about a missile. I don’t want to just fry the missile’s electronics. I want to kill the missile, the transporter and the personnel in the military unit launching it. If I have to kill a Hwasong-15 with a JASSM-ER, it ain’t going to be with an HPM.”

(HPM is High-Powered Microwave bomb, JASSER is an American cruise missile, and Hwasong-15 is N.Korea's ICBM.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:13 pm

Just like that, Kim wants to showcase a new strategic weapon.

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korea-leader-promises-look-215543105.html

At least we tried diplomacy.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:52 am

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog

North Korea Is No Longer Bound by Nuclear Test Moratorium, Kim Says
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-is-no-longer-bound-by-nuclear-test-moratorium-kim-says/ar-BBYvwwo?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, ​said his country no longer felt bound by its self-imposed moratorium on testing nuclear weapons and long-range ballistic missiles, its official media reported on Wednesday, the strongest indication yet that the country could soon resume such tests.

Mr. Kim also said the world would witness a new strategic weapon “in the near future,” according to the North’s official Korean Central News Agency, though no details were provided.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:11 am

ReadyMom wrote:Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West's Daily Big Threats Blog

North Korea Is No Longer Bound by Nuclear Test Moratorium, Kim Says
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-korea-is-no-longer-bound-by-nuclear-test-moratorium-kim-says/ar-BBYvwwo?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, ​said his country no longer felt bound by its self-imposed moratorium on testing nuclear weapons and long-range ballistic missiles, its official media reported on Wednesday, the strongest indication yet that the country could soon resume such tests.

Mr. Kim also said the world would witness a new strategic weapon “in the near future,” according to the North’s official Korean Central News Agency, though no details were provided.

Sigh.

This guy is out of his mind. This isn't going to end well.

We gave NK a genuine chance at diplomacy, and we are right back where we started.

President Trump is going to feel double crossed and betrayed. When Kim starts up his testing again I think it's entirely possible that the US will now up our response options to possibly including pre-emptive use.

I would not be surprised if they preemptively attack an ICBM on a launch site before it can be launched now.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

(snip) Drinkthekoolaid

I would not be surprised if they preemptively attack an ICBM on a launch site before it can be launched now. [/quote]

That would be a start to WW-3, but, Iran may beat little rocket man to the punch.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:50 pm

I don't know if I posted it in this forum, or a different one, but all of these things are happening in concert.

Iran and NKorea work together (US is mutual enemy)

Russia and Iran work together (common goal, Mid East dominance)

China and NKorea work together (puppetmaster and puppet)

Russia supplies advanced electronic controls to NKorea for their missiles (seller and customer)

Iran used to fund Hezbollah, and still has ties to them (US and Israel are their mutual enemies)

Hesbollah and Hamas are both funded by the Muslim Brotherhood, which is an organization that can be thought of as the United Nations of radical Islamist groups.

Muslim Brotherhood has many many ties into the US government deep state, including inside the FBI, CIA, DHS. They also own half the Mosques in the US, and have a Muslim Student Association branch on almost every college, and recruiters in almost every prison.

(Wish I had common spot to post the above, but I guess from here on, I can link to this post.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:09 pm

TRex2 wrote:
(Wish I had common spot to post the above, but I guess from here on, I can link to this post.)
Want this in a separate post in the 'Global' forum? I can move it, if you want. Do you have a name you want for the thread?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:38 pm

It gets a little shadowy but Iran has financed a lot of NKs missile testing in exchange for sharing the technology.

China still uses NK as a puppet to do their bidding and covertly helps and assists them behind the scenes.

Trex had a great write up.

These belligerents are half a world apart and don't seem connected at first glance but they really are.

Iran is one of the only allies NK has. Don't get me wrong Iran has its own agenda dominated by Islamic jihad but you shouldn't look at either country tensions in a vacuum.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:48 am

ReadyMom wrote:
TRex2 wrote:
 Want this in a separate post in the 'Global' forum? I can move it, if you want. Do you have a name you want for the thread?
It is OK where it is, but in some forums, I set up blog entries for that kind of stuff. It is better if new people look around for a while before finding that, so they don't think everyone here wears tinfoil hats Laughing

(And I keep saying: use aluminum foil, it works better Cool )

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:36 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:25 am

I think the US was gullible to really think that the little round man was going to stop what he was doing. He is going to do what ever he wants he always has nothing is going to change that.

The only thing that is going to change anything is a very aggressive move on our part... I don't think our government is ready to do that..

So the question is Do you let him continue doing what he is doing or Do you destroy all his nuclear facilities and take a chance on WW3 ???

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:50 pm

We have known, for a while, that this is coming. The "giant new submarine" is the SIMPO class sub that he has been building for a while, and it won't be ready for a few more months. Then there will be test runs and stuff.

He still needs to detonate at least one more bomb, and fly at least one more Hwasong-15 ICBM before he will have the confidence to commit suicide by attacking us.

So, we have at least a few, probably many, months before he will be an imminent threat.

Personally, I can't think of any "solutions" that would result in less than a million people dying in less than a month, from the start of hostilities, therefore I will leave the war to those who do that for a living.

Meanwhile, I will prep like WW3 is about to start (personally, I consider the Cold War to be WW3, War on Terror to be WW4, and this would be WW5, but that is just me Smile )

Stay calm and prep on.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:45 am

North Korea's Nuclear Program appears to be inching forwards, and, it appears they have been inching forwards for quite a few months. Not surprising, as their strategy seems to be: inch forwards quietly, while waiting for Trump to leave office so that we can resume blackmailing the US and whatever weak willed administration takes Trump's place.

The good news, by my analysis, is that, at this pace, it would take years to accomplish anything substantial. (OTOH, if he can assist Iran, that may be a different story, altogether.)

Currently inching forwards:
https://www.38north.org/2020/02/yongbyon021420/
Satellite imagery from February 10 and 11 reveals the presence of four railroad flatcars specially configured to carry cylindrical containers in two separate locations. A group of three were observed to the north of the Uranium Enrichment Plant, on the rail line servicing the area. The first railcar (northern-most on Figure 2) has four canisters laid sideways or perpendicular to the length of the car. The cargo on the second is less clear but appears to have two donut-shaped objects laying at either end of the car. The third car has four cylindrical canisters laid sideways, with a probable fifth canister separating them, but aligned parallel to the length of the car. A similar set of three railcars has been observed in this area in the past, at least once on the rail spur located between and servicing both the Radioisotope Production and the Uranium Enrichment Plants, and most recently on November 14, 2019, at the Yongbyon Railyard.

A fourth flatcar carrying five canisters positioned sideways (the center one appearing smaller) is located east of the Uranium Enrichment Plant on the rail spur adjacent to the Radioisotope Production Plant.

The association of these specialized flatcars with these two plants suggests the content of the canisters is likely some chemical used in the uranium conversion process, producing feed material necessary for uranium enrichment. It would be unlikely that their content is radioactive, given that they’ve been twice sighted at unattended locations. Nonetheless, the movement of chemicals as a whole suggests one or both plants could be operating in some low-level capacity.
Some background, from 10 months ago
https://www.38north.org/2019/04/yongbyon041919/
One such purpose is to transport reagents (acids) or solvents used at the Radiochemical Plant or other facilities at the Yongbyon complex. For instance, specialized railcars can be used to transport vessels of uranium containing liquid from uranium milling facilities extracted by heap leaching. These types of vessels have been seen on a few occasions at the building housing the solvent extraction and uranium dioxide production at the fuel fabrication plant.

Similarly, it is possible that the Yongbyon “Isotope Production Plant” is engaged in various aspects of uranium conversion (from yellowcake up to UF6), to provide the feed material necessary for uranium enrichment. This process would require acids (hydrofluoric), production of fluorine, and other chemicals to complete the conversion process, which would be delivered to the facility via specialized railcars as well.

At the moment, it is impossible to reach unambiguous conclusions about which function the specialized railcars observed at the Yongbyon complex actually serve. However, other observable indicators of reprocessing—such as smoke coming from the Radiochemical Laboratory Thermal Plant’s smokestack or vapor from its cooling tower—have not been spotted.

[1] We should also always remain cognizant that the North Koreans are fully aware that the Yongbyon nuclear complex is under routine scrutiny by various states, the IAEA, and various NGOs such as 38 North and that observable changes will likely be both noted and subsequently reported in public venues. As a result, we can never be certain that such observed activity is not part of some political orchestration, as opposed to being for purely technical operational purposes.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:21 am

We never did receive the christmas gift he had promised. Here's what I found on little rocket mans latest moves:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-signals-end-nuclear-test-suspension-promises-new-weapon-n1109226

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:59 pm

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:...

I am really concerned with that SIMPO class sub they are building.
It will be a game changer, and could give Little Rocket Man a false
sense of  abilities that he doesn't really posses (like playing the
strong man against Trump).
I have run across information, both good and bad, about their nuclear submarine program.

The biggest news is good, and here it is:
https://www.38north.org/2019/08/jwit082919/
The article basically says that we have all been overestimating the value of the Sinpo class sub, and that it won't be as useful to LRM as anyone thinks it will be.
I am still concerned, however, that it will give LRM some false sense of power.
Of course, with all the stuff going on in the world today, we can't forget Little Rocket Man.

Work on his SINPO class submarine is still progressing, although it does look like it is a few months away from being ready to put out to sea.
https://www.38north.org/2020/04/sinpo040820/
On imagery from April 5, the service tower on the ejection test pad is pulled back from its static position. Its canister support arms are open, and below, a possible ejection canister appears to be cradled in the strongback lifting mechanism[1] used to elevate the canister to a variable, upright position. Two probable service vehicles and/or trailers are located next to the service tower and a small crane is located next to the strongback. Additionally, four unidentified objects are arrayed on the impact berm located off the west side of the pad, suggesting an ejection test may have just occurred. During ejection testing, dummy missiles are ejected, often at different trajectories, and create impact craters in the impact berm.

While the purpose of this test cannot be confirmed, it is likely for reliability testing. It cannot be determined whether testing has concluded, or whether additional ejections might be planned.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:27 am

I just run across this. Sounds like NK is needing attention again..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kims-sister-warns-north-korean-army-ready-for-action-on-south/ar-BB15q6Pz

Does anybody know anything about his sister ??

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Dave58 wrote:I just run across this. Sounds like NK is needing attention again..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/kims-sister-warns-north-korean-army-ready-for-action-on-south/ar-BB15q6Pz

Does anybody know anything about his sister  ??

They won't do nothing, little rocket man is going to wait and see if sleepy joe biden gets elected, then he'll start his rocket launching.

As far as his sister, she's been in command all along, he's only a puppet, just like sleepy joe biden will be a puppet if he wins this coming election.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:14 pm

Agree. NK is pouting and stomping. Likely his IRS stimulus check was lost in the mail.

Rule #1 it's always about the $.

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:30 am

N.Korea is still a few months away from launching their newest SIMPO class submarine (capable of launching nuclear missiles). We don't know how many months, because they built a canopy over the construction site.

When it sails out of its harbor, I will upgrade my concerns.
And yes, I agree, he will wait until after the election.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Rumor has it Little Kim has been eliminated.... I can't find any hard proof yet , but the country is supposedly being run by the military leader....

Comp-Work

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Dave58 wrote:Rumor has it Little Kim has been eliminated.... I can't find any hard proof yet , but the country is supposedly being run by the military leader....

Comp-Work

Found this:

Kim Jong-un death: Japan thinks Covid-19 has killed dictator after 'very strange movements' in North Korea
https://meaww.com/japan-kim-jong-un-death-suspicions-health-strange-movements-north-korea-coronavirus-covid-dictator

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next