8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

North Korea Empty North Korea

Post by rick1 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:21 am

Back to top Go down

North Korea Empty Re: North Korea

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:45 pm

After the two summits between Pres. Trump and North Korea's Kim, it looks like little rocket man is back on track to keep building, he's now rebuilding a rocket engine test site:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/north-korea-rebuilds-rocket-engine-test-site-in-ominous-signal-about-attitude-to-talks/2019/03/05/de9c7e54-3faf-11e9-a44b-42f4df262a4c_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.edb2f3c68eea

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't think he was ever planning to "denuclearize." No proof, just my gut feeling. Trump did walk him back a few steps, though. No tests for about a year, and demolished a couple of (useful, but not critical) facilities.

What bothers me, is the complete dearth of intel about Little Rocket Man's newest "nuclear" submarine. (Able to fire SLBM's, not nuclear propulsion.) He has one in a building yard, partially complete, but I haven't seen any news of it since May 2018. At that time, I don't think he could have finished in less than a year. Probably a lot more than a year.

He needs at least one launch of an SLBM from a sub, at least one, probably two test launches of his Hwasong-15, and at least one more nuclear test, before he will be ready to attack us. Those are the minimums, to give him assurance that they will actually function when he launches them.

That is my assessment, no one else. I have a good knowledge of how he thinks, but I don't have a "crystal ball" and while I am good at forecasting the future, I am not perfect. And at the rate delusional thinking is spreading across the world today, anything could happen.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:44 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6788859/Activity-discovered-second-North-Korean-missile-site.html

Just found this today. I didn't really think he would change anything little kim was just buying time

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:16 pm

TRex2 wrote:I don't think he was ever planning to "denuclearize." No proof, just my gut feeling. Trump did walk him back a few steps, though. No tests for about a year, and demolished a couple of (useful, but not critical) facilities.

What bothers me, is the complete dearth of intel about Little Rocket Man's newest "nuclear" submarine. (Able to fire SLBM's, not nuclear propulsion.) He has one in a building yard, partially complete, but I haven't seen any news of it since May 2018. At that time, I don't think he could have finished in less than a year. Probably a lot more than a year.

He needs at least one launch of an SLBM from a sub, at least one, probably two test launches of his Hwasong-15, and at least one more nuclear test, before he will be ready to attack us. Those are the minimums, to give him assurance that they will actually function when he launches them.

That is my assessment, no one else.  I have a good knowledge of how he thinks, but I don't have a "crystal ball" and while I am good at forecasting the future, I am not perfect. And at the rate delusional thinking is spreading across the world today, anything could happen.

I know they have conducted tests from an underwater towed missile tube before

I think the subs they are building are improved version based on a 1950-60 Soviet diesel power boat. I believe they have 2 missile tubes built within an enlarged conning tower structure. I thought I read somewhere before they were believed to have 2 of them with more under construction.

It is concerning for sure.

Another thing rarely talked about is their 2 satellites in their unusual polar orbits. I think KMS03 and 04 (I'm just going from memory and probably have the name wrong). I rarely hear them mentioned but I hope the x-37 has verified whether they have nukes in them or not...m

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

Great Links. I'm sharing. People need to understand how SERIOUS the NK threat is. -k

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

ReadyMom wrote:

Great Links. I'm sharing. People need to understand how SERIOUS the NK threat is. -k

Here's another from an hour ago

People quickly forget how close we were to conflict before we started talking and planning the first summit. Looks like the rhetoric is making a comeback

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa/north-korea-may-suspend-talks-with-gangster-like-us-rethink-nuclear-test-freeze-idUSKCN1QW0C9?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+%28Reuters+World+News%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Sounds scary. Shocked

Time to buy some more, bullets, beans and bandaids.

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:45 am

When NK put those satellites up I taped up all my faraday cages except the one with the battery packs that need periodic charging to keep from going bad. The tape is supposed to improve the shielding effect of the cage so I'm hopeful that some gear survives. If not I have other non-electric preps, but that means using hard to replace candles and fuel (hard to replace post event that is...)

Right now I don't think there is a high chance of NK using EMP on us, but if rocket man decides he's going down I can easily see him deciding to hit us out of spite. So I guess it depends on how much saber rattling the USA does and if that makes Kim nervous enough to pull the trigger.

Still, the impact of an EMP would be high enough that I've been topping off preps just in case....a decade or so without the electrical grid won't be fun for anyone. Sad

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:05 am

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:17 am

My bets are that it won't happen in 2019, but that it is more and more likely in the future after that.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 am

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/north-korea-in-play

This could be nothing more than drills, training and coincidence....

Or,

It could be more serious and ominous. Is it a drill? Do we have Intel NK is planning a launch.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/north-korea-in-play

What happens next in Korea will be very telling. Kim will either seek to re-establish negotiations, or, he will make a bad decision and launch a missile or test a nuke. Then we will most likely immediately return to the state of pre conflict rhetoric and tensions of 2017.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am

A list of North Korean military compared to South Korea. N.K. nuclear weapons, tratrectary of the missile, distance of travel, etc.. Pretty good article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41174689

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Before someone gets too concerned about it, N.K. did a test launch of a short ranged tactical missile.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/04/18/north-korea-tests-tactical-guided-weapon-with-powerful-warhead/
Pyongyang’s Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) hyped the test as an event of “very weighty significance,” but it apparently was not significant enough to show up on any U.S. military monitoring systems. A defense official told CNBC on Wednesday night that the U.S. Strategic Command “did not detect a missile launch from North Korea.”

The term “tactical” sounds ominous, but it refers to short-range missiles of the type North Korea is not banned from developing under U.N. Security Council resolutions. A test of short-range weapons flying at low altitudes probably would not be detected from outside North Korea.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 10, 2019 1:06 am

The U.S. seized a N.K. cargo ship. Will this raise the tensions between the U.S. and N.K.:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/05/09/us-seizes-north-korean-coal-vessel/

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 am

rick1 wrote:The U.S. seized a N.K. cargo ship. Will this raise the tensions between the U.S. and N.K.:

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/05/09/us-seizes-north-korean-coal-vessel/

It doesn't help that they fired off some short and medium range ballistic missiles.

It seems at this point that the negotiations are collapsing.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri May 10, 2019 9:24 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missiles-start-war-north-korea-tests-showcase-growing-051854295.html

Looks like the recent missile launches were possibly a new design. They are developing missiles capable of evading interception similar to some of the new Russian technology.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri May 10, 2019 9:34 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/missiles-start-war-north-korea-tests-showcase-growing-051854295.html

Looks like the recent missile launches were possibly a new design.  They are developing missiles capable of evading interception similar to some of the new Russian technology.

NBC news is more blunt about it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-s-new-missile-has-russian-fingerprints-all-over-n1004151

North Korea's new missile has Russian fingerprints 'all over' it
Iskander missiles have long been a source of tension in Europe, and only take a few minutes to reach their targets.

TOKYO — The three new missiles North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has tested over the past week are eerily familiar to military experts: They look just like a controversial and widely copied missile the Russian military has deployed to Syria and has been actively trying to sell abroad for years.

--Snip--

More at https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/north-korea-s-new-missile-has-russian-fingerprints-all-over-n1004151 above.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun May 12, 2019 10:05 am

Russian version of Reduce Reuse Recycle:
Let N. Korea have their old rockets to play with.
Cool

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 24, 2019 9:02 am

North Korea gives the U.S. until the end of the year to come up with a different negotiation plan on nuclear talks:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-says-it-wont-resume-talks-unless-us-changes-position

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat May 25, 2019 3:30 pm

I think he is bluffing (bad idea) or else he wouldn't have given us until the end of the year. Trump may attempt to get him back to the table, or he may just tell Kim to ' stuff it '
If Kim thinks he can bluff Trump, he might want to talk to Syria.
It has already cost Kim a cargo ship.

Even it he isn't bluffing, he still needs until at least next May, or probably much longer, to get his arsenal ready.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 31, 2019 3:14 am

Uncle Kim is a boss I wouldn't want to work for, he executed some of his envoy representatives from the last summit with the U.S. that was held in Vietnam: Shocked

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/31/north-korea-executes-envoy-to-us-after-trump-summit-failures

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:04 pm

TRex2 wrote:I don't think he was ever planning to "denuclearize." No proof, just my gut feeling. Trump did walk him back a few steps, though. No tests for about a year, and demolished a couple of (useful, but not critical) facilities.

That is my assessment, no one else.  I have a good knowledge of how he thinks, but I don't have a "crystal ball" and while I am good at forecasting the future, I am not perfect. And at the rate delusional thinking is spreading across the world today, anything could happen.
New Intel? Or just a recycled story?
I don't know, yet.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-submarine/north-koreas-kim-inspects-new-submarine-signals-possible-ballistic-missile-development-idUSKCN1UH2LK
Kim inspected the operational and tactical data and combat weapon systems of the submarine that was built under “his special attention”, and will be operational in the waters off the east coast, KCNA said.

It said the submarine’s operational deployment was near.

“The operational capacity of a submarine is an important component in national defense of our country bounded on its east and west by sea,” Kim said.

KCNA did not describe the submarine’s weapons systems or say where and when the inspection took place, but analysts said the apparent size of the new vessel indicated it was designed to carry missiles.

North Korea has a large submarine fleet but only one known experimental submarine capable of carrying a ballistic missile.
The parts in RED concern me a lot.

My previous estimates were that he wouldn't have it ready before next summer.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:52 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:21 am

Didn't see it mentioned, but has anyone read if those were land based launches or sub based? I'd be much more concerned with sub based launches....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:24 am

Looks like land-based:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-launched-new-short-range-ballistic-missile

"The official said the new North Korean short-range missiles are similar to the ones fired off in May, but the missiles launched early this morning from the east coast town of Wonsan appear more powerful."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm

They were land based, short range missiles, and therefore of no real concern.
So far, he has never done a true submarine launch of any significant missile.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:56 pm

TRex2 wrote:They were land based, short range missiles, and therefore of no real concern.

What was the SLBM shot from the towed submersible platform? I thought that was a long range nuclear capable ICBM

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:01 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
TRex2 wrote:They were land based, short range missiles, and therefore of no real concern.

What was the SLBM shot from the towed submersible platform?  I thought that was a long range nuclear capable ICBM
I don't really consider their test barge a submarine, and I don't know if it was a nuclear capable missile (although I suspect it was). I would have to look it up to be sure of the details.

I am really concerned with that SIMPO class sub they are building.
It will be a game changer, and could give Little Rocket Man a false
sense of abilities that he doesn't really posses (like playing the
strong man against Trump).

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:40 am

HatTip2 Hat Tip to John West's blog Daily Big Threats:

New North Korean Submarine Has Potential to Carry Three Ballistic Missiles
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201907311076421073-new-north-korean-submarine-has-potential-to-carry-three-ballistic-missiles/

South Korea’s Ministry of National Defense revealed Wednesday that North Korea’s newly constructed submarine has the ability to carry at least three submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs).

In a report to the National Assembly's Intelligence Committee, officials indicated that the new underwater vessel appeared to be larger than the 2,500-ton Gorae-class submarine. Additionally, Rep. Lee Hye Hoon, the chief of the parliamentary intelligence committee, told reporters following the meeting that the vessel will be ready to be deployed soon. wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm

I caution that sputnik news is not trustworthy,
but the article doesn't seem that far out of
line with what I already know.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://abcnews.go.com/International/north-korea-launches-projectile-us-officials/story?id=64715583
If nothing else we can all agree that he is a pushy little shit
Yep.
Love how specific the news gets with naming these rockets and missiles too.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 am

3rd Test, this week:

North Korea says Kim Jong Un supervised third weapons test this week in a bid to keep pressure on US, South Korea
https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-kim-jong-un-supervised-third-weapons-test-pressure-us-south-korea

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un supervised a third weapons test this week in an effort to beef up the country’s ability to strike targets in South Korea, including U.S. military bases there. wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:34 am

North Korea just carried out its third missile test in over a week
https://www.vox.com/2019/8/1/20750792/north-korea-3rd-missile-test-trump

Trump probably won’t care.

Two main things explain why Kim is launching such a barrage these days.

First, it’s mostly a message to Seoul not to go forward with a planned August military exercise with the US. South Korea has not canceled the drill, so North Korea may keep testing missiles until Seoul or Washington caves.

Second, Trump has given Kim almost complete license to test any weapons he wants short of a nuclear bomb or intercontinental ballistic missile. wrote:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:59 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
North Korea just carried out its third missile test

Trump probably won’t care.
Yep, Little Rocket Man is like a child wanting attention.
The best thing to do is not let him get under our skin.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:00 pm

South Korea military says North launches 2 projectiles
https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2019/09/09/south-korea-military-says-north-launches-2-projectiles/

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea’s military says North Korea has launched two unidentified projectiles into the sea.

South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff says the North Korean projectiles fired from its South Pyongan province on Tuesday morning flew toward the waters off its east coast.

It gave no further details.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:23 am

Unless they are of the variety that can reach over 3000 miles, all he is doing is wasting his own resources.
(I will get concerned when he gets his Sinpo Class Submarine out to sea.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:37 am

My Genie predicts a glass parking lot for South Korea to park their vehicles on, just north of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:43 pm

Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20190910204724-nzj8i And the game goes on PopCorn
That new MLRS is a hybrid, firing Short Range Ballistic Missiles, for all practical purposes, and if there is a conventional war on The Peninsula, it will massively increase the number of people killed in the conflict. Let us pray that never happens.

rick1 wrote:My Genie predicts a glass parking lot for South Korea to park their vehicles on, just north of them.
I don't doubt that, but when, and
how much damage will LRM do before getting glassed over...
Those are the questions.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:06 pm

TRex2 wrote:...

I am really concerned with that SIMPO class sub they are building.
It will be a game changer, and could give Little Rocket Man a false
sense of  abilities that he doesn't really posses (like playing the
strong man against Trump).
I have run across information, both good and bad, about their nuclear submarine program.

The biggest news is good, and here it is:
https://www.38north.org/2019/08/jwit082919/
The article basically says that we have all been overestimating the value of the Sinpo class sub, and that it won't be as useful to LRM as anyone thinks it will be.
I am still concerned, however, that it will give LRM some false sense of power.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:00 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:32 am

Korea and Japan will suffer total destruction in a very short time, if N.Korea decides to go to war.

Their ability to deliver nuclear weapons (how many of them are designed to be delivered by a ballistic missile? That is a bit more specialized.) beyond 2000 miles is somewhat in question.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:59 pm

http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world that we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

Last edited by Dave58 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:26 am

Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world they we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

More troubling is that it was an underwater launch of a missile that is meant for use in submarines.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/north-korea-fires-projectiles-agreeing-talks-191001233713698.html

It's unclear if it was actually sub launched for this test or just an underwater test platform, but either is still more concerning since it puts them closer to having a real sub threat in the Sea of Japan at a minimum.

And hopefully the acting secretary of defense is up to following these developments, since with the antics in DC its unlikely any confirmation hearings will be taking place anytime soon....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:54 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:http://news.trust.org/item/20191001230444-5zmlb

Here we go again folks..... With all the BS going on in Washington its really showing the rest of the world they we are very unorganized. Just my opinion

More troubling is that it was an underwater launch of a missile that is meant for use in submarines.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/north-korea-fires-projectiles-agreeing-talks-191001233713698.html

It's unclear if it was actually sub launched for this test or just an underwater test platform, but either is still more concerning since it puts them closer to having a real sub threat in the Sea of Japan at a minimum.

And hopefully the acting secretary of defense is up to following these developments, since with the antics in DC its unlikely any confirmation hearings will be taking place anytime soon....

I hadn't been paying much attention to this launch, I just assumed it was another large unguided multiple launch rocket they tested.

Perfecting SLBM technology is certainly not good. It's very worrisome and I don't know what we can do at this point anymore.

I think we are too far down the road to stop NK and we have to accept they are a nuclear power.

This is all the more reason as an example to not let Iran reach this point.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next