Solar Cooking-General Information

Go down

Solar Cooking-General Information Empty Solar Cooking-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:09 am

Solar Cooking is Survival Friendly
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/solar-cooking-survival-friendly/

Solar Cooking-General Information Sun-umbrella(SNIP) ... I have been cooking with a solar oven for several years now. Ladies and gentlemen, (whoever does the cooking in your homestead), this is one of the best inventions since ‘sliced bread’! Not only is it cost effective because it uses free power, but it’s especially cost effective if you build your own. ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Solar Cooking-General Information Empty Re: Solar Cooking-General Information

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:12 am

FOOD STORAGE TIPS-SOLAR OVEN COOKING
http://everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/book-2.html

(Scroll down to the solar oven section ...)

SOLAR OVEN COOKING
It is not uncommon in emergency situations for the power to be out. With a solar oven, if the sun is shining, you can cook. Have backup sources of fuel, such as wood or propane, but in sunny climates your solar oven will be your main source of cooking. Solar cooking is clean, it keeps the heat out of your kitchen, it’s delicious and, best of all, it uses a free source of energy. You don’t want to waste precious food when times are bad, so you should practice cooking with your solar oven to know what you’re doing. The recipes have been included in this booklet to show the variety of foods that can be stored and how to cook them. Every recipe in this booklet was made in a solar oven.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 am

Guidelines and cooking tips
https://solarcooking.fandom.com/wiki/Guidelines_and_cooking_tips

(SNIP) ... fter a bit of experience, you’ll see how readily you can adapt your present cooking and baking to solar cooking. Using the solar cooker can actually reduce the total amount of effort in meal preparation. Also cooking outside in the summer allows you to eliminate extra heat in the house. With solar cooking, you start your meals early in the day and then relax. At lunch or later in the afternoon or evening, when you’re tired after a day of work, the sun will have cooked your food. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 am

Getting Started with Solar Cooking – DIY Solar Cooker Ideas, Printable Cooking Guide
https://commonsensehome.com/getting-started-with-solar-cooking/

* NOTE: I really like the printable PDF reference guide from this post. You can find it here: https://commonsensehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/How-to-Cook-in-a-Solar-Oven.pdf

Solar Cooking-General Information Solar-cookers-tall18   Solar cooking is simply harnessing the sun’s energy to cook food. This is an excellent way to keep the house cool in the summer, costs nothing to use, and is a great alternative to conventional cooking.   ---CONTINUED---

INCLUDES:
   Two Things You Need for Solar Cooking

DIY Solar Cooker Designs

How to Cook Food in a Solar Oven
       *Foods That are Easy to Cook in a Solar Oven – Cooking Time ~ 2 hours
       *Foods that Are Medium Difficulty to Cook in a Solar Oven – Cooking Time ~  3 hours
       *Foods That are Difficult to Cook in a Solar Oven – General Cooking Time 4 – 5 hours

Cooking in a Solar Oven – Easy Recipes
       *Solar Cooker Rice
       *Solar Cooker Beans
       *Solar Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
       *Solar Cooker Chicken Dinner

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:40 pm

Food Storage for the Solar Oven
http://www.sunoven.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/EverythingUnderTheSun.pdf

26 page pdf

(SNIP) ... It’s not uncommon in emergency situations for the power to be out. With a solar oven, it doesn’t matter where you live; as long as the sun is shining, you’ve got power. Have backup sources of fuel, such as wood or propane, but most of the time your solar oven will be your main source of cooking. Solar cooking is clean, it keeps the heat out of your kitchen, it’s delicious and, best of all, it uses a free source of energy. It’s a good idea to practice cooking with your food storage now, so you know what you’re doing. You don’t want to be wasting precious food when times are bad. Every recipe in this book was made in my solar oven. ---CONTINUED---

CROSS POSTED Here: Solar Power (Sun) Cooking-Solar Recipes

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down