USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania

Go down

USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania Empty USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 pm

USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania
https://www.abc27.com/news/local/usgs-confirms-earthquake-shook-central-pennsylvania/2072718733

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -- If you felt it, you were not alone.

ABC27 News received several reports from people who say they felt an earthquake Wednesday evening. We've had reports from as far north as Juniata County to as far south as Franklin County.

Well, the U.S. Geological Survey confirms a 3.4 magnitude earthquake centered about 11 miles southwest of Mifflintown, near the village of Honey Grove, was registered around 8:30 p.m.

No additional details were immediately available. There have been no reports of property damage.

Quakes with a magnitude of 2.5 to 5.4 are often felt but cause only minor damage, according to the USGS website.

If you want to report what you experienced to the USGS, there is a form on the agency's website.

Admin

Back to top Go down

USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania Empty Re: USGS confirms earthquake shook central Pennsylvania

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 pm

People on facebook said they felt some movement and heard rumbling like a low flying craft. Come to think of it, I did hear what sounded like a very low-flying plane and thought it was strange at the time I heard it. We are in a flight pattern. It's not cloudy out and it's later in the evening. Usually only hear low-flying commercial planes in daytime around here. Maybe that was it.

Admin

Back to top Go down