Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods

Go down

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods Empty Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods

Post by ReadyMom Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Build a Smokehouse out of Pallet Boards
https://www.thereadystore.com/diy/12927/build-a-smokehouse-out-of-pallet-boards/

It’s that time of year where friends and families have barbecues and late night summer parties. And what better way to celebrate than to smoke your own pork, sausages and steaks? Some may have the means to purchase an expensive smoker while other homesteaders prefer to be a little creative and use already accessible materials. This DIY project to build a smokehouse out of pallet boards will cost you less than $100 if you are thrifty about where to find materials.

Materials you’ll need For Your Smokehouse:

20 – 30 deconstructed pallets (smokehouse will be 3’ x 3’ or 36 square feet)    Aluminum Netting Screen (anything galvanized is full of toxins) $15    2 ½” in screw 1 ¼” screw (pick a plastic coated decking screw, torque bit) $8    3 Rolls of Heavy Duty aluminum Foil $9    Tin roof (4’ x 3’) $20    2 Hinges $5    Door Handle $5 - $10

---CONTINUED at LINK---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods Empty Re: Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

How to Build a Smokehouse In Your Backyard (with Pictures)
http://www.askaprepper.com/build-smokehouse-backyard-pictures/

One of the best and tastiest ways to conserve meat is to smoke it. The meat is delicious, and if you keep it in a cool, dry place, it can last up to a year and sometimes even longer.

The system used is pretty simple. You make a fire, and the smoke goes through a long tube or pipe. The smoke will then cool down and reach the meat at the appropriate temperature (85 degrees to 125 degrees Fahrenheit). ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods Empty Re: Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:46 pm

How to Build a Clay Pot Smoker
https://www.askaprepper.com/build-clay-pot-smoker/

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods How-to-Build-a-Clay-Pot-Smoker7   One of the oldest ways to put meat up for later is through smoking. Smoking meat helps to preserve it under less than ideal conditions, like we’re bound to experience in a SHTF situation. Oftentimes in the olden days, the meat would first be cured, usually with salt, and then smoked to create a finished product that would hold up much longer than fresh meat. The combination of salt and smoke work together amazingly well to limit bacterial growth.   ---CONTINUED---

**CROSS POSTED in  Preparation Guidelines :: Cooking Without Electricity :: Alternate Ways to Cook & Bake :: Home-Made Ideas

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm

How To Smoke Bacon The Old-Fashioned Way
https://www.askaprepper.com/smoke-bacon-easy-way/

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods How-To-Smoke-Bacon-The-Easy-Way-890x395_c   No weighing,no calculator, just a simple recipe that works quite well, from a man I have known all my life. Pops owned a store and was very highly regarded for his smoked and cured products. There are lots of ways to make bacon. This is what I use.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:31 am

Be Aware Of This When You Smoke Your Meat!
https://www.askaprepper.com/be-aware-of-this-when-you-smoke-your-meat/

Smoking and Smokehouses to Preserve Foods Be-Aware-Of-This-When-You-Smoke-Your-Meat-9   Smoking is one of the tastiest and oldest ways of preparing food. When the lights go off and don’t come back on, the ability to smoke meat will be a valuable skill.

Smoking is not only a safe way of preserving meat, but adds flavor while ensuring that nutrients are protected.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down