Books-Medical-General

3 posters

Go down

Books-Medical-General Empty Books-Medical-General

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:58 pm

The Survival Medicine Handbook: A Guide for When Help is Not on the Way
by Joseph Alton (Author), Amy Alton (Author)

Books-Medical-General 51UHK6vAU7L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_ The 2nd edition Survival Medicine Handbook(tm) is a guide for those who want to be medically prepared for any disaster where help is NOT on the way. This book is written by Joe Alton, M.D. and Amy Alton, A.R.N.P., the premiere Medical Preparedness Professionals from the top ten survival website doomandbloom dot net. This book is available in print and kindle, and print book buyers can take advantage of Kindle's matchbook program to also buy the digital version for just $2.99 (normal retail $24.99). The expanded second edition of the 3 category Amazon bestseller (Survival Skills, Disaster Relief, Safety/First Aid) is geared to enable the non-medical professional to deal with all the likely issues they will encounter in catastrophic scenarios. The Survival Medicine Handbook (tm) is not your standard first aid book. It assumes that no hospital or doctor is available in the aftermath of a catastrophic event. This book will give you the tools to handle injuries and illness for when YOU might be the end of the line with regards to your family's medical well-being. In circumstances where medical personnel are overwhelmed and access to modern technology is limited or non-existent, The Survival Medicine Handbook(tm) is the essential reference book for every library. Written in plain English, you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to identify and treat over 100 different medical issues. The second edition also covers alternative remedies for almost every possible medical condition in situations where modern healthcare is inaccessible.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Books-Medical-General Empty Re: Books-Medical-General

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:26 am

Folks getting The Survival Medicine Handbook should also consider getting their book on antibiotics:

Alton's Antibiotics and Infectious Disease: The Layman's Guide to Available Antibacterials in Austere Settings
by Joseph Alton (Author), Amy Alton (Author)

Alton’s Antibiotics and Infectious Disease is a unique simplified guide to using antibacterial and antifungal veterinary medications. It is meant to help the non-medical professional in disaster, survival, and other austere settings where modern medicine is non-existent. Our unique book covers what you need to know about these antibiotics, including how to obtain and use them safely. The aquatic and avian antibiotics described in this book are known to be essentially identical to the human versions, and are available over the counter for emergency storage and preparedness. This is a one of a kind -snip-

https://www.doomandbloom.net/med-herbal-book-resources/

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:39 pm

And the survival medicine handbook is available on the amazon  kindle store today for $1.99. I already had a printed copy but grabbed the kindle version so I can have it on my phone and tablet for easier access.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:36 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:And the survival medicine handbook is available on the amazon  kindle store today for $1.99. I already had a printed copy but grabbed the kindle version so I can have it on my phone and tablet for easier access.
$24.99 when I just checked Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 pm

Aaaah! Thank you DMW! They both worked! Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:41 am

I'm looking to maybe pickup a book called "where there is no doctor"

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/where+there+is+no+doctor