Power Grid Attacks

5 posters

Go down

Power Grid Attacks Empty Power Grid Attacks

Post by ReadyMom Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am

From 2015, but worth another read. Especially for those new to this topic & not familiar to what's happened in the past few years:

Bracing for a big power grid attack: 'One is too many'
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/03/24/power-grid-physical-and-cyber-attacks-concern-security-experts/24892471/

Mar. 24, 2015

About once every four days, part of the nation's power grid — a system whose failure could leave millions in the dark — is struck by a cyber or physical attack, a USA TODAY analysis of federal energy records finds.

Although the repeated security breaches have never resulted in the type of cascading outage that swept across the Northeast in 2003, they have sharpened concerns about vulnerabilities in the electric system. A widespread outage lasting even a few days could disable devices ranging from ATMs to cellphones to traffic lights, and could threaten lives if heating, air conditioning and health care systems exhaust their backup power supplies.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Power Grid Attacks Empty Re: Power Grid Attacks

Post by rick1 Fri May 14, 2021 2:45 pm

Here's a report from January 2021 on power grid attack by Russia/China (first strike weapon). Also a report from Dr. Peter Pry:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/new-grid-threat-russia-deploys-first-strike-weapon-china-ready-too

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 14, 2021 3:38 pm

rick1 wrote:Here's a report from January 2021 on power grid attack by Russia/China (first strike weapon). Also a report from Dr. Peter Pry:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/new-grid-threat-russia-deploys-first-strike-weapon-china-ready-too
Yeah, Dr. Peter Pry. I know his work.

Now, on two points, he is Gee Whis'ing us, but his target audience is Congress, and someone needs to get their attention. I doubt this will get their attention. Personally, I think a 2x4 across the noggin might be better.

The two points are:
1. a “super-electromagnetic pulse” weapon
2. warhead capable of traveling at Mach 20

Item 1, we have been over. Totally oversold, to the point of being a myth. The S-EMP device can increase the area (somewhat) that is damaged, or allow a smaller nuke (30kt vs 100kt) to do the damage.  The upper limit on voltage is arcing in the ionosphere, not size of the pulse. Push the Gamma Ray impact higher and you get a more spectacular light show, but no more voltage.

Item 2 is useful to target things like Navel Fleets.  Especially if they are 50 to 1500 miles away. But, for an EMP over N.America, a regular ICBM (or several) can't be beat.

Everything else he said is spot on.
Especially this:
... President Biden’s decision to lift former President Trump’s ban on China involvement in the U.S. grid gives the communist foe a backdoor opening to attacking the nation’s electric supply.

“Washington’s impotence and irresolution will invite future, increasingly aggressive cyberattacks,” said Pry, who has worked with Congress, past administrations, the electric industry, and the Pentagon to prepare for an attack.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 14, 2021 9:26 pm

ANOUNCEMENT            ANOUNCEMENT

Dr. Peter Pry is to be on Life, Liberty and Levin on Sunday, May 16th, at 8 P.M., on FOX:

https://rumble.com/vh04g3-dont-miss-a-great-a-life-liberty-and-levin-sunday.html

ReadyMom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:33 pm

Substations Vandalized; More Than 30,000 Without Power
https://www.thepilot.com/news/duke-energy-reports-widespread-outage-in-moore-county/article_b3b19780-7370-11ed-865d-c78d0de5d921.html

Dec 3, 2022

Vandalism of substations are to blame for widespread outages, according to a Duke Energy representative. 

David McNeill, a district representative for the power company, told The Pilot late Saturday that two of the company’s substations were vandalized. He said he did not know the extent of the damage or how the vandalism occurred. 

More than 30,000 in Moore County and surrounding areas are without power, according to the latest outage map from Duke Energy. 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:29 am

ReadyMom wrote:Substations Vandalized; More Than 30,000 Without Power
https://www.thepilot.com/news/duke-energy-reports-widespread-outage-in-moore-county/article_b3b19780-7370-11ed-865d-c78d0de5d921.html

Dec 3, 2022

Vandalism of substations are to blame for widespread outages, according to a Duke Energy representative. 

David McNeill, a district representative for the power company, told The Pilot late Saturday that two of the company’s substations were vandalized. He said he did not know the extent of the damage or how the vandalism occurred. 

More than 30,000 in Moore County and surrounding areas are without power, according to the latest outage map from Duke Energy. 
This is interesting on several levels.
Mostly political and religious.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article269579392.html
The drag show started at 7 p.m. and was under way when the power went out. Headliner Naomi Dix kept the show going until almost 9 p.m.
If this is The Patriots opening move, it is a pretty pathetic move.
OTOH, if this was just a demonstration ...

I thought through a civil war scenario that opened this way.
Results were not good.

Only time will tell.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:31 am

We don't need vandalism to shut down our grid, joe crow 2.0 has shut down 55% of the coal fired power plants since he was vice president.

Now the West Virginia Coal President says there may be rolling blackouts/rationing of electricity this winter:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/war-coal-bidens-policies-put-americans-risk-ration-electricity-west-virginia-coal-rep-says

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 am

rick1 wrote:We don't need vandalism to shut down our grid, joe crow 2.0 has shut down 55% of the coal fired power plants since he was vice president.

Now the West Virginia Coal President says there may be rolling blackouts/rationing of electricity this winter:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/war-coal-bidens-policies-put-americans-risk-ration-electricity-west-virginia-coal-rep-says
Well, let us hope the blackouts will be in "blue" districts.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Moore County power restoration could take days after gunfire damage, curfew declared, officials say
https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/moore-county-power-restoration-could-take-days-after-gunfire-damage-curfew-declared-officials-say/

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 pm

North Carolina power outages: State of emergency declared after shootings at substations
https://www.fox9.com/news/mass-power-outage-north-carolina-vandalism-moore-county

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:54 am

TRex2 wrote:
Well, let us hope the blackouts will be in "blue" districts.
Well, none of this is good. It has the appearance of an attack on the grid, for the purpose of shutting down a "drag show" at a local venue. There were already protests of the show, and they got the venue to declare it to be for adults only.

The county is heavily Republican and conservative. If this was an attempt to shut down the show, it failed, it harmed Conservatives, it makes Patriots look bad, and there were better ways to go about this.

On the technical side, the last time a substation was taken down by gunfire (it was a bigger substation than these were) it took 27 days to repair it.

Last edited by TRex2 on Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:30 am

These are just practice runs... One of these days it will be half of the country instead of just 1 state..

Keep your electronics charged , stock your pantry shelves , make sure you have a way to stay warm the idiots have been turned loose...

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:14 pm

Dave58 wrote:

These are just practice runs... One of these days it will be half of the country instead of just 1 state..

Keep your electronics charged , stock your pantry shelves , make sure you have a way to stay warm the idiots have been turned loose...
That crossed my mind, this morning.

It could have been done as a practice run, the time and place chosen to make it look like Right wing fanatics trying to shut down a drag show. Kind of a false flag attack. There have been two mass shootings recently that were initially blamed on Right wing extremists, and the MSM dropped the subject like a hot potato, when they found out it was left wing extremists (sort of).

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:26 am

Dave58 wrote:

Is it a practice run? Maybe, since there are two other attacks that are similar:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-power-outage-federal-memo-flags-washington-oregon-substation-attacks-similar-moore-county

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:31 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:

Is it a practice run? Maybe, since there are two other attacks that are similar:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-carolina-power-outage-federal-memo-flags-washington-oregon-substation-attacks-similar-moore-county
I can't find any detail information on the attacks in Washington and Oregon. There was an attack in Jones County NC.

All of the attacks I can find detail on show the attacks are targeting Conservative counties.

That and some details from the attacks and from DHS and FBI bulletins (also including arrests in Ohio, of "white supremists"), make me think they are false flag attacks, possibly even orchestrated by Deep State actors.

Another possibility is that our, so called, civilization is simply becoming more and more unraveled.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:28 pm

I checked too and couldn't find any either TRex.

I went back to check again, but only came across this, there have been 70 different attacks on a power grid to far this year. It doesn't give any specifics on who, where, or if it was done or not, etc..

But, there are a bunch of crackpots out there, must be eating those magic mushrooms again:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/investigations/power-grid-attacks-vandalism-increased-recent/275-e3d92c3a-789e-442c-91cf-b97fc74b193a

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:19 pm

rick1 wrote:...
But, there are a bunch of crackpots out there, must be eating those magic mushrooms again:

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/investigations/power-grid-attacks-vandalism-increased-recent/275-e3d92c3a-789e-442c-91cf-b97fc74b193a
Sadly, the norm with MainStreamMedia is to use weasel words, which create some statistical problems:
WCNC Charlotte's Nate Morabito analyzed physical attacks, sabotage and vandalism reports at power grids and found this data.
Vandalism? This means they are including graffiti.

It is impossible to know the reality of how bad this is, but the more I look into it, the more it smells like a Deep State operation. I shouldn't be looking into this, though. I am supposed to be retired from this stuff.

Keep calm and prep...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:35 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:50 am

They change the wording around to make it sound new, but there isn't really very much, that is new, in that article.

There have been at least 7 (we knew for certain it was at least 4) attacks, but the way the rest of the article is written (using lots of weasel words), they could be counting someone defacing a sign, with a sharpie, as an attack or a threat.

In the meantime, the FBI (and "local authorities) have acquired warrants to search phone company records. Since most people carry "smart" phones and drive cars with tracking devices in them, if these guys were amateurs, phone records will record that their phones were near the transformer stations when the stations were shot up.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:40 pm

@trex that's IMO precisely why they declared this terrorism to get the FBI involved and use all the tools to cut the red tape and do all the illegal surveillance and data collection.

This is what all those executive orders for the past 20 years will be used for.

They can grab people and accuse them of domestic terrorism and hold them indefinitely.

They're going to use this to push increased surveillance and more government controls.

Drinkthekoolaid

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:13 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:...
They're going to use this to push increased surveillance and more government controls.
I suspect you are right.
Most of our national security apparatus is off the rails, right along with the MSM.

As I have mentioned, before, I hope this wasn't the opening shots of Right Wing uprising.

I have looked at that, and projected the outcome: very bad for everybody, especially the Right.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:10 am

Hmmmm.
Quotes are from the linked article.

"Power companies in Oregon and Washington have reported physical attacks on substations, using hand tools, arson, firearms and metal chains possibly in response to an online call for attacks on critical infrastructure.
Call for attacks? Who made such a call, and why wouldn't such a "call for attacks" be blocked, and forwarded to Law enforcement? When did these threats occur? The big Social media platforms have no problem blocking right wing content that doesn't threaten anyone, and posts to smaller forums are almost always traceable to their users.

Residents in Clackamas County, Oregon were lucky to leave unscathed and with the lights on after a recent attack of their own.

"Early on Thanksgiving morning, we did have an attack on one of our substations in Clackamas, Oregon," said Doug Johnson, Senior Spokesperson, Bonneville Power Administration. "It was deliberate-- there's no question that
So, attacks on the power grids of two very conservative counties were supposedly carried out by "right wing extremists." An attack in Oregon attempted to spoil Thanksgiving? Which Right Wing group hates Thanksgiving?

If you believe the establishment on this, you should be buying up beachfront property in central Nevada.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:23 am

TRex2 wrote:
Hmmmm.
Quotes are from the linked article.

"Power companies in Oregon and Washington have reported physical attacks on substations, using hand tools, arson, firearms and metal chains possibly in response to an online call for attacks on critical infrastructure.
Call for attacks? Who made such a call, and why wouldn't such a "call for attacks" be blocked, and forwarded to Law enforcement? When did these threats occur? The big Social media platforms have no problem blocking right wing content that doesn't threaten anyone, and posts to smaller forums are almost always traceable to their users.  

Residents in Clackamas County, Oregon were lucky to leave unscathed and with the lights on after a recent attack of their own.

"Early on Thanksgiving morning, we did have an attack on one of our substations in Clackamas, Oregon," said Doug Johnson, Senior Spokesperson, Bonneville Power Administration. "It was deliberate-- there's no question that
So, attacks on the power grids of two very conservative counties were supposedly carried out by "right wing extremists."  An attack in Oregon attempted to spoil Thanksgiving? Which Right Wing group hates Thanksgiving?

If you believe the establishment on this, you should be buying up beachfront property in central Nevada.

This is the part that always gets me.

Senior Spokesperson, Bonneville Power Administration. "It was deliberate-- there's no question that..

If there was a attack on a power station then how could it not be deliberate ??

Once upon a time I read that the grid could be disabled across the country just by taking out
a few strategic towers ( I don't know if thats true or not ). My point is who ever is doing this is just selling fear. People are easier to control if you make them afraid first and tell them how much safer they would be if they just did what they were told to do....

For the record I hope they catch who ever is doing this stupid sh*t... I have become accustomed to getting up and having coffee first thing in the morning without building a fire first..

Maybe we should put our heads together and start a post of attacks so to speak
that have happened this past year.... Covid ,attack on the water in FL., just to get some perspective....

Take care my friends

Dave58

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:07 pm

Dave58 wrote:This is the part that always gets me.

Senior Spokesperson, Bonneville Power Administration. "It was deliberate-- there's no question that..

If there was a attack on a power station then how could it not be deliberate ??
There was some discussion that this could have just been a couple of guys saying: "hey, I bet I could hit that insulator" or maybe a stray bullet from a hunter.

Obviously this is not the case.

Once upon a time I read that the grid could be disabled across the country just by taking out a few strategic towers ( I don't know if thats true or not ). ...
This is true, but not as easy as it sounds.
There are thirty "Extra-High-Voltage" transformers. These are about a city block, in size, and weigh something like 400 tons, each. Take out a specific set of them, and as few as nine (this could be different, today: it was nine, back in 2003) could bring down the whole country's grid. But, which nine? And, how to take them out. They are pretty well defended. (Unlike the smaller substations that dot the landscape.)

Maybe we should put our heads together and start a post of attacks so to speak
that have happened this past year.... Covid ,attack on the water in FL., just to get some perspective....

Take care my friends
There are a lot of such lists, but the trick is to find one that isn't woke.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:15 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:56 pm

Six "intrusions" on Florida power substations in September, two where equipment was "tripped" off. All Duke Energy.
https://www.wfla.com/nextstar-news-wire/report-shows-6-intrusions-at-power-stations-in-florida/

All of the substations were Duke Energy.

Somebody doesn't like the company?

Department of Homeland Security says there has been chatter about "civil war" lately, referencing attacks on the power grid, among other things.

I still suspect Antifa/BLM, possibly in league with DHS (who, I suspect, trained them).

I suspect they are setting up false flag attacks, to blame the Patriots.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:10 pm

TRex2 wrote:Six "intrusions" on Florida power substations in September, two where equipment was "tripped" off. All Duke Energy.
https://www.wfla.com/nextstar-news-wire/report-shows-6-intrusions-at-power-stations-in-florida/

All of the substations were Duke Energy.

Somebody doesn't like the company?

Department of Homeland Security says there has been chatter about "civil war" lately, referencing attacks on the power grid, among other things.

I still suspect Antifa/BLM, possibly in league with DHS (who, I suspect, trained them).

I suspect they are setting  up false flag attacks, to blame the Patriots.

This is off topic just a bit , but a friend is growing their business by moving into a larger building. DHS showed up and order the work stopped. Is inspecting buildings something they do ???

My apologies for getting off topic

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:26 pm

If it is Antifa/BLM, you'll never hear or see it on the fake news media.

Still waiting for them to cover Musk's twitter finding and crow baits son.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:12 pm

Dave58 wrote:This is off topic just a bit , but a friend is growing their business by moving into a larger building. DHS showed up and order the work stopped. Is inspecting buildings something they do ???

Depends on the business and who is working there. Could also depend on who used to work out of that building (DHS could be looking to see if the previous tenets left anything behind).

DHS is designed to be an umbrella organization that incorporates nearly all federal law enforcement agencies and some intel agencies. (In reality, it has grown into a monster, and no one knows what it really encompasses.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:57 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:This is off topic just a bit , but a friend is growing their business by moving into a larger building. DHS showed up and order the work stopped. Is inspecting buildings something they do ???

Depends on the business and who is working there. Could also depend on who used to work out of that building (DHS could be looking to see if the previous tenets left anything behind).

DHS is designed to be an umbrella organization that incorporates nearly all federal law enforcement agencies and some intel agencies. (In reality, it has grown into a monster, and no one knows what it really encompasses.)

Thanks TRex2.. It is just a Mom & Pop hardware store. The building they are trying to move into is a old Gas station / Garage that had been closed at least 15yrs... It just seemed odd the DHS would show up and not a local inspector...

Thanks again

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:55 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:48 am

Interesting deep state propaganda angle.
The article says:
A wave of terrorist attacks on electric grid substations across the country, including six in the Pacific Northwest,
Look at the definition of "terrorist attack" that we used before 2007:
a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims
I had previously heard the use of the term "violence" in connection with the attacks on the NC substations, but dismissed it as "ignorant media" coverage. Recall that the current government administration did not consider setting fire to police stations as violence, since no one was inside the station (they had evacuated, as the riots progressed) when the station was burned.

Nothing like a little media bias.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:39 am

3 substations attacked in Washington state, similar to the attacks in North Carolina:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/2-power-substations-attacked-washington-203500942.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down