Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info

5 posters

Go down

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info Empty Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:50 am

15 Ways To Wipe Your Butt When The Toilet Paper Is Gone
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-to-wipe-your-butt-when-the-toilet-paper-is-gone/

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info Ngcb1 It’s been said that toilet paper will be worth its weight in gold after the shit hits the fan. I don’t think this is far from the truth. Toilet paper is a modern luxury that people tend to take for granted until the moment they reach for it and find nothing but a cardboard roll. When that happens, they would gladly pay top dollar for a few squares.

You know you’ve been there. Of course, all you have to do is waddle around the house until you find some more toilet paper or at least some paper towels. But what if you don’t have anymore? What would you do then? ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info Empty Re: Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info

Post by Cinnamon Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:46 am

I made baby wipes out of flannel cloth. In addition to my own set, I made sets for various family members. They are 5" X 7", and triple lined. 1 layer of terrycloth between 2 layers of flannel. At the time I was thinking absorbancy, but when I make more, I think I'll just use the 2 layers of flannel. That said, they've lasted over 10 years.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info Empty Re: Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info

Post by TRex2 Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:24 am

Prepsteaders did a video on this subject, also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFEF3wIqIA
What to do when the Toilet Paper is Gone and a Woman's honest review of Wysi-Wipes
482,648 views•Nov 9, 2017

River Rocks? Lamb's Ears? Corn Cobs? Newspaper? In the event that the shelves were no longer stocked at the local grocery store, what is your back-up plan for toilet paper? Let's talk about this for a few minutes.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:24 pm

Everybody has it in their yards, dried grass, I've used it more than once while hunting or fishing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:32 pm

I carry homemade wipes in the back of the car when traveling (in case of emergency), but I also always carry the wet baby wipes in my purse/car/backpack.

You can buy the wipe cloths online - Etsy - look for family cloth.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:05 am

When toilet paper is hard to find, what else is safe to flush? According to the experts: nothing
https://www.pennlive.com/life/2020/03/when-toilet-paper-is-hard-to-find-what-else-is-safe-to-flush-according-to-the-experts-nothing.html

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info EWRALYYM7NHM7DH7TY7C2XBP44 Toilet paper is one of the many paper items that flew off the shelves as early warnings came rolling in regarding the coronavirus pandemic. Along with disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer, it has become one of the hardest items to secure on shopping trips.

(SNIP) ... “Flushing or dumping the wrong things down the drain can cause problems in your local sewer system and cause blockages in your own home,” said Jim Gable, senior manager of southeast operations for Pennsylvania American Water, in a press release. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:06 am

Watch Out for These Toilet Paper Eating Bugs
https://www.askaprepper.com/watch-out-for-these-toilet-paper-eating-bugs/

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info Watch-Out-for-These-Toilet-Paper-Eating-Bugs-Cover2-890x395_c I think I’ve heard it all now… there are bugs out there who eat paper. I guess that shouldn’t be all that surprising, considering how termites go after wood and paper is made from wood fibers.

But I guess it’s the kind of paper they eat which surprised me. The bugs I’m talking about seem to have an affinity for toilet paper. Maybe it’s softness is easier on their jaws ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:58 am

7 Toilet Paper Alternatives
https://rethinksurvival.com/7-toilet-paper-alternatives/

Toilet Paper-When It's All Gone-General Info 7-toilet-paper-alternatives   (SNIP) ... I thought I would share several alternatives or ways to deal with a toilet paper shortage in your house over the next several weeks. Here’s what I’m thinking, roughly in order of preference…   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:39 am

Not for the Squeamish-Toilet Paper Substitutes
https://apartmentprepper.wordpress.com/2010/06/

What would you do without toilet paper? We have been pondering what alternatives could we possibly consider if a disaster occurs and all supplies of toilet paper ran out. Being in an apartment, we do not have a lot of storage to be able to accumulate a large amount of any one item. Also, a large stockpile of toilet paper is not exactly portable in a bug-out situation, and in a shelter in place scenario, the TP supply is bound to run out. I did some research and found a few alternatives. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldasrocks Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:29 pm

Answered this many moons ago. Buy one of those battery powered yard sprayers. They usually come in one gallon jugs and are labeled RoundUp or something but new and unused. Heat the wand in boiling water to bend into a U shape. I fill partially with cheap mouthwash and water to fill. use accordingly.
oldasrocks
oldasrocks

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:31 am

oldasrocks wrote:Answered this many moons ago. Buy one of those battery powered yard sprayers. They usually come in one gallon jugs and are labeled RoundUp or something but new and unused. Heat the wand in boiling water to bend into a U shape. I fill partially with cheap mouthwash and water to fill. use accordingly.

You know, I never thought of that. But basically it's a hand-held bidet. Awesome.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down