The Great Toilet paper shortage

5 posters

Go down

The Great Toilet paper shortage Empty The Great Toilet paper shortage

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:40 am

Well it seems something spooked the herd...

The folks that have spent a lot of time talking about people that might buy a little bit of extra stuff to keep on hand have now started to panic.....

I received a call from my sister yesterday and my daughter and it seems that all the TP and most of the paper towels is gone from the shelf in 3 counties....

My thoughts would have been to maybe buy extra food , maybe some water ,but it seems once again the sheeple have got it backwards ..

It's going to be something to watch just need to remember to get out of the way when they start to stampede..... PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

The Great Toilet paper shortage Empty Re: The Great Toilet paper shortage

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:46 am

THIS:

The Great Toilet paper shortage 89469890_10215591406755006_2656245536645971968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=KH4B1TNg6wYAX-0V4yV&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am

Dave58 wrote:Well it seems something spooked the herd...

The folks that have spent a lot of time talking about people that might buy a little bit of extra stuff to keep on hand have now started to panic.....

I received a call from my sister yesterday and my daughter and it seems that all the TP and most of the paper towels is gone from the shelf in 3 counties....

My thoughts would have been to maybe buy extra food , maybe some water ,but it seems once again the sheeple have got it backwards ..

It's going to be something to watch just need to remember to get out of the way when they start to stampede..... PopCorn

Dave, I've got tuck loads of TP, it'll take me 20 years before I run out. If you need some let me know.

$20.00 a roll, is that considered price gouging. Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:38 am

[quote="ReadyMom"]THIS:

The Great Toilet paper shortage 89469890_10215591406755006_2656245536645971968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=KH4B1TNg6wYAX-0V4yV&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2[/qu

Now that's funny ReadyMom Laugh-Roll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:05 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:THIS:

The Great Toilet paper shortage 89469890_10215591406755006_2656245536645971968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_ohc=KH4B1TNg6wYAX-0V4yV&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2[/qu

Now that's funny ReadyMom Laugh-Roll

He still has that deer in the headlights look Laugh Animated

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:08 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:Well it seems something spooked the herd...

Dave, I've got tuck loads of TP, it'll take me 20 years before I run out. If you need some let me know.

$20.00 a roll, is that considered price gouging. Laugh Animated

R1` I was thinking it would go for much higher on E-Bay

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:40 am

My one daughter went to a couple of stores yesterday and was telling me that the two stores she went to had bare shelves when it came to toilet paper, paper towels, napkins and kleenex. She said there were signs stating that there will be no returns on any paper products, including paper plates and paper cups.

People must be hoarding even more now, sooooooo, she stopped over to get a 24 pack of angle soft from us, what's a dad to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am

We just dipped into our 14 y/o TP stash, for the first time, yesterday. I haven't looked in local stores (only been to the grocery store once, in 3 weeks and that was for Easter dinner ham). Read on our 'Nextdoor' neighborhood page that some stores are starting to have it. TP, paper towels & napkins are all good in our house. And I have fabric alternatives for all, too!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Here in AR, the earliest signs of abatement are showing. I was confused when I saw Scott TP on the shelf, but only in the 36 roll package (that would be almost 9 months for the wife and me).

Then my wife mentioned that the 36 roll packages may have been originally meant for restaurants, or schools.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:04 pm

TRex2 wrote:Here in AR, the earliest signs of abatement are showing. I was confused when I saw Scott TP on the shelf, but only in the 36 roll package (that would be almost 9 months for the wife and me).

Then my wife mentioned that the 36 roll packages may have been originally meant for restaurants, or schools.
Yup. I read somewhere (here?) that there are restaurant sizes showing up in some stores to get rid of that stock. Actually is a favorable thing for long-term storage items for those of us who want it!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Is there another toilet paper shortage coming, the stores in my area have NONE and just two or three week ago, there were skids of it.

More toilet paper soup on the menu.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/another-toilet-paper-shortage-panic-buying-clears-some-shelves-ahead-of-new-coronavirus-lockdown.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:06 pm

rick1 wrote:Is there another toilet paper shortage coming, the stores in my area have NONE and just two or three week ago, there were skids of it.

More toilet paper soup on the menu.

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/another-toilet-paper-shortage-panic-buying-clears-some-shelves-ahead-of-new-coronavirus-lockdown.html

Maybe they need it for all the holiday guests they will be hosting ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:44 am

Talk among some women I know is that those container ships lined up off the coast of Long Beach hold vast amounts of Charmin. Laughing

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Another toilet paper shortage is looming, costco's is now placing limits:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/650651/2021-toilet-paper-shortage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 pm

rick1 wrote:Another toilet paper shortage is looming, costco's is now placing limits:

Thank goodness we still have toilet paper left over from the first shortage..lol Just kidding Cool

I did see where mush mouth is thinking of using the National Guard to help with delivery of goods.. Now he wouldn't be trying to ease us into martial law would he ???

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Another toilet paper shortage is looming, costco's is now placing limits:

Thank goodness we still have toilet paper left over from the first shortage..lol Just kidding Cool

I did see where mush mouth is thinking of using the National Guard to help with delivery of goods.. Now he wouldn't be trying to ease us into martial law would he ???

Anything that clown clown would do wouldn't surprise me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down