Toilet Paper-How Much

2 posters

Go down

Toilet Paper-How Much Empty Toilet Paper-How Much

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:36 am

Behind food and water, toilet paper is something most people don't want to run out of. So here's a way to stock up and store it. I used this formula many years ago, not only for toilet paper, but for food items also. We have enough toilet paper stored for about 3 years:

https://www.foodstoragemoms.com/store-more-toilet-paper-for-survival/

Last edited by ReadyMom on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added 'How Much' to Title)

Back to top Go down

Toilet Paper-How Much Empty Re: Toilet Paper-How Much

Post by Cinnamon Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:34 pm

We have plenty of toilet paper stored, too. However, I also HAD cloth wipes stored. My prepper family found out and asked for their own cloth wipes. So I gave them all away. I need to make more. You can make them color coded for individuals, so they don't get squeamish about sharing.  

Instructions:

Cut flannel 5 X 7 inches. With wrong sides together, sew two pieces together, leaving a hole to turn. Turn out, iron opening down, and top-stitch all the way around, closing the hole. You can also just zog-zag the edges if you don't want to mess with turning. Some people only use 1 piece of fabric, but I like the feel of the doubled fabric.

I put them in a Prince LionHeart diaper wipes warmer (the only one rated for cloth wipes) although I won't be able to use it if the lights go out. I prefer to use them wet, but many of the ones I've given away, the new owners use them dry.

Diaper Wipes Warmer

Used cloths go in a small step trashcan with a lid and internal, removable bucket. Every 1-2 days, I dump the bucket in the wash with the whites, and spray the bucket with Mr. Clean.

Small Trashcan

At least once a month (sometimes more if it's humid) I bleach the lot to keep things fresh.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down