ReadyMom
TRex2
6 posters

Go down

The Next Possible Pandemic Empty The Next Possible Pandemic

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:21 pm

New thread suggestion: "The Next Possible Pandemic."
Would give us a starting point for watching each candidate emerge,
until one takes off. Might think of it as a tiny version of flu trackers.

TRex2

ReadyMom and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

The Next Possible Pandemic Empty Re: The Next Possible Pandemic

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:45 pm

The Next Possible Pandemic 4074591684   Good idea! Done!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:14 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Yeah, this one is new enough they do not yet know if it is viral or bacterial, or fungal, or chemical, or ...

One thing on the horizon, making this worse: there is a mild, but ever present, shortage of antibiotics. If this or plague become epidemic, the world may not have the tools to fight it.

Previous battles have weakened the entire world's ability to fight the next battle.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Partly because there hasn't been anything on this thread in a while, I am bending my rules a bit. This strain of the flu generally wouldn't be worth reporting (yet), but here it is:

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2020/09/defra-high-pathogenicity-avian.html
Six days ago, in Russia's Worsening HPAI H5 Outbreak (in Poultry), we looked at a recent uptick in reported HPAI (highly pathogenic avian influenza) outbreaks in central Russia (in wild birds and in poultry), which appears to have started in late July or early August.  

Once considered controversial, today there is little doubt that HPAI viruses are spread over long distances by migratory birds (see WHO: Migratory Birds & The Potential Spread Of Avian Influenza).

The major migratory bird flyways (shown below) - along with scores of minor pathways not depicted - serve as a global interstate highway for avian influenza viruses. While primarily north-south conduits, there is enough overlap to allow for east-west movement as well.
This virus is set to attack Europe, and possibly the US, next summer.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 pm

I just can't 'do' another pandemic. I'm done. I'm spent. I'm over it.

The Next Possible Pandemic 0553nfs

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:38 pm

ReadyMom wrote:I just can't 'do' another pandemic. I'm done. I'm spent. I'm over it.

Laugh Animated

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:06 pm

ReadyMom wrote:I just can't 'do' another pandemic. I'm done. I'm spent. I'm over it.

I think you may have over stressed yourself on this pandemic.
You have to remember survival is a marathon, not a sprint.
Pace yourself.

TRex2

Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Partly because there hasn't been anything on this thread in a while, I am bending my rules a bit. Since it isn't multiple countries, in fact it isn't the whole country, it isn't pandemic, but it is of interest, especially to grandparents (and great grandparents).
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2021/06/cdc-han-increased-rsv-reports-across.html
While not necessarily a harbinger of what is to come, late last week the CDC released a HAN notice on increased interseasonal Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) activity in parts of the Southern United States.
While, for middle aged folks, this is basically a summer cold, it is my understanding that it can be a serious threat to the elderly and babies.
RSV is the most common cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia in children under one year of age in the United States. Infants, young children, and older adults with chronic medical conditions are at risk of severe disease from RSV infection. Each year in the United States, RSV leads to on average approximately 58,000 hospitalizations with 100-500 deaths among children younger than 5 years old and 177,000 hospitalizations with 14,000 deaths among adults aged 65 years or older.
Frankly, those numbers make RSV a greater danger to us than COVID, at this point. (And almost as great a danger as motor vehicle accidents.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:54 pm

It seems Australia has started to go all Mad Max on people..

The next pandemic might not be caused by Covid or its variants. It may be the crazy people running the governments

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3388310/australia-deploys-military-to-enforce-covid-rules/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:30 pm

Dave58 wrote:It seems Australia has started to go all Mad Max on people..

The next pandemic might not be caused by Covid or its variants. It may be the crazy people running the governments

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3388310/australia-deploys-military-to-enforce-covid-rules/

Australia has nothing compared to the crazy demonrats running this country, look no further then our southern border on how it's being overrun by illegals, with many having covid and then the demonrats send them all over the U.S..

Then you got that clown, aka speaker of the house, that mandates masks in the chamber, but she was caught without hers.

Things are going south real fast, stock up on everything, you just may need it.

Just my opinion/thoughts - I think people are going to start to take the law into their own hands. Somebody with a bad case of PTSD, or just plain crazy is going to go bazerk. I'm glad I live were I live, all I have to worry about is keeping the cows in the fence, the chickens in their coup at night and the no trespassing signs up.

I really feel bad for the people that live down on our southern border, they really put up with a lot.

I look at it this way, if I'm suffering because of what the demonrats are doing, they are suffering along with me. They pay the same for gas, food, lumber, etc., just like me.

The old saying goes, "you get what you pay for", and we got to pay another 3 1/2 years for this.

OK, I'm done giving my 2 cents and feel a lot better now. Laugh Animated

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:30 pm

We're staying alert in our little corner of the USA, too.

We're keeping the gas tanks full, restocking on every run into town, making our lists and checking them twice, and so on.

Lot of weird stuff going on, plus all the new movers in town and here in the country.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 am

Well it seems that our county has went red again ..Wife told me that Wal-Mart was handing out masks if people wanted them

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Dave58 wrote:Well it seems that our county has went red again ..Wife told me that Wal-Mart was handing out masks if people wanted them

Yep, I posted in another thread that NYC is now requiring proof of the covid vaccine to go into a food eatery, gym, etc..

Nothing more then a Dictatorship.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:40 pm

Dave58 wrote:Well it seems that our county has went red again ..Wife told me that Wal-Mart was handing out masks if people wanted them
That isn't really a bad thing, as long as it is still voluntary.

rick1 wrote:Yep, I posted in another thread that NYC is now requiring proof of the covid vaccine to go into a food eatery, gym, etc..
Nothing more then a Dictatorship.
Yep, this is bad. Basically the vaccine passports everyone was talking about a few weeks ago.

There are Leftists on other forums, pretending to be libertarian and saying "We want it to be voluntary, unless you fail to comply, in which case we will be forced to make it mandatory."

Nice twist of words, by a dishonest Leftist.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:17 pm

I was at walmart this afternoon, mask required.

There was a young fellow outside selling masks, .25 each, he was also selling moderna vaccine cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how long before he gets caught and how many have already been sold, not only by him, but by thousands of others, especially in the cities.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:26 pm

It won't be long before Biden orders a lockdown for our own good.. ( Were from the government were here to help )

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:53 am

rick1 wrote:I was at walmart this afternoon, mask required.

There was a young fellow outside selling masks, .25 each, he was also selling moderna vaccine cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder how long before he gets caught and how many have already been sold, not only by him, but by thousands of others, especially in the cities.
Some of the WalMarts in my area have been asking (not telling) people to mask up, and giving them free masks, if they need one.

Have been expecting this, since February, but this is the first time I have heard someone say they actually saw the counterfeit cards.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Fake cards are all over, you can buy them on line.

College students are buying them. But there are also arrests (Federal Crime) if you get caught.

Now that young fellow that was selling them at our local walmart was arrested by state police about 15 minutes after I talked to him: Very Happy

https://www.wxii12.com/article/university-of-north-carolina-fake-covid-19-vaccine-cards/37214823#

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/woman-arrested-fake-covid-19-immunization-and-vaccination-card-scheme

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 pm

No masks for customers in the town we shop in, and about half the Walmart employees weren't wearing one, either.

Only place in town REQUIRED to mask is the hospital and clinics. And they're giving out the cheap paper masks...I'm pretty sure they all know it isn't effective, they're just complying with whatever mandate in place.

Interesting that in the middle of this lockdown that hospitals are firing nurses and doctors for not taking the shot...and yet they claim there's a critical shortage of nurses and doctors. Hmmmm...
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:42 am

Cinnamon wrote:No masks for customers in the town we shop in, and about half the Walmart employees weren't wearing one, either.

Only place in town REQUIRED to mask is the hospital and clinics. And they're giving out the cheap paper masks...I'm pretty sure they all know it isn't effective, they're just complying with whatever mandate in place.

Interesting that in the middle of this lockdown that hospitals are firing nurses and doctors for not taking the shot...and yet they claim there's a critical shortage of nurses and doctors. Hmmmm...

The hospitals in Altoona and Johnstown are offering nurses a sign on bonus of 5,000.00 up to 15,000, because they are so short on nurses.

The Johnstown hospital has a nursing school across the road from the hospital, they offer free tuition if you work for them for 5 years after training.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:13 pm

https://youtu.be/i7Kf2Qe6Vfc

Just watched this, as if we don't have any better to do

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://youtu.be/i7Kf2Qe6Vfc

Just watched this,  as if we don't have any better to do

There was an update to this, it wasn't the virus itself, but the virus to make the vaccine (make sense now, beats me:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/smallpox-vials-found-at-merck-lab-in-suburban-philadelphia-facility/3050775/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:25 pm

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:https://youtu.be/i7Kf2Qe6Vfc

Just watched this,  as if we don't have any better to do

There was an update to this, it wasn't the virus itself, but the virus to make the vaccine (make sense now, beats me:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/smallpox-vials-found-at-merck-lab-in-suburban-philadelphia-facility/3050775/

Sounds to me like somebody got caught Shocked

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:34 pm

rick1 wrote:

Actually, it kinda makes sense. Most people don't know that the virus used for the vaccine isn't smallpox, but one of its less dangerous cousins. The original virus used was cowpox, but I heard that in the 20th century, we discovered an even better virus to give immunity to smallpox and switched to that one.

I have two things to say about this, though:
1. They shouldn't have vials of anything that is not on the inventory, and they shouldn't have it unless they can articulate a reason for having it. Having vials of something that no one knows is there is a bad idea.
2. If cases of monkey pox keep showing up, they need to start vaccinating people. The vaccine we use for smallpox give fair to good protection against monkey pox, so it may be time to begin a new round of production and distribution. (rather than wait for the middle of a pandemic).

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:49 am

Hmmmm, ...
Well, the title of this thread is "possible."
This might turn out to be nothing, but seems to be worth watching.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2022/01/a-curious-outbreak-report-from-cameta.html
Yesterday Shiloh at FluTrackers (followed by others), began translating and posting multiple reports of a deadly respiratory outbreak in Cametá, in the state of Para, Brazil. Various reports suggest between 6 and 10 people have died after presenting with flu-like symptoms, pneumonia, and `hemorrhage'.

While the first two symptoms are what one might expect from seasonal influenza, COVID, or both - the hemorrhagic component is less common.

Brazil does report occasional outbreaks of viral hemorrhagic fevers, including yellow fever, dengue haemorrhagic fever, arenavirus haemorrhagic fever and hantavirus which are all possibilities.

Brazil is currently in the midst of a seasonal H3N2 outbreak, and is reporting a recent uptick in COVID cases, although a recent hacking of their Ministry of Health's computer system has impacted recent reporting of outbreaks.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:21 am

Just a note, so that we don't forget that we are watching for the next pandemic.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/02/who-director-general-statement-on-risk.html
While we are intently watching HPAI H5, we could easily be blindsided by something else; MERS-CoV, a new animal-origin coronavirus, Nipah, any of the (nearly 2 dozen) novel flu viruses on the CDC's IRAT List, or even by something completely new.

Granted, we might go years, or even decades,
before the next severe pandemic arrives - but
it could just as easily emerge tomorrow.

Despite all of this our global disease surveillance and reporting network continues to erode (see Flying Blind In The Viral Storm), and governments, businesses and individuals do very little to prepare for the next one.
(Flying Blind:
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2022/12/flying-blind-in-viral-storm.html )

Sixteen years ago, in a blog called  `Quotable Quotes', I listed more than a dozen pandemic warnings from world leaders, scientists, and public Health and Safety officials.  After 3 years of COVID, none ring truer today than:

Everything you say in advance of a pandemic
seems alarmist. Anything you’ve done
after it starts is inadequate.

- Michael Leavitt, Secretary of HHS

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:12 pm

The best we can hope for is Biden doesn't make it back from Kiev

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/who-pandemic-biden/2023/02/20/id/1109356/#.Y_PvT9NAp_I.link

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:42 am

Dave58 wrote:The best we can hope for is Biden doesn't make it back from Kiev

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/who-pandemic-biden/2023/02/20/id/1109356/#.Y_PvT9NAp_I.link

Disagree.  He's merely a puppet of a conglomerate. Losing him wouldn't save us and would surely lead to ww3.

I want to avoid ww3.

I'm hoping we as a country can avoid this and make it to 2024 elections

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:29 am

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned:
The best we can hope for is Xi-Branden doesn't make it back from ...
I wouldn't worry about that kind of thing. We always have Harris to fall back on. Laughing

But, this is about pandemics, and one thing I have heard from wise men, is that we are "Flying Blind in a Viral Storm." This refers to the dilapidated shape of our pandemic surveillance networks, which essentially got dismantled during the Covid19 pandemic. (Thanks, Mr Fauci and the "Karens" of the Deep State ... )

Some recent scenario brainstorming was done by the British Ministry of Health, and some of their conclusions are sobering:

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/03/uk-novel-flu-surveillance-quantifying.html
While there have been only a handful of clade 2.3.4.4b H5N1 infections reported in humans over the past 18 months, the real number of spillover events is unknown. The good news, however, is we've seen no signs of sustained of efficient community spread.

But the obvious question is, how long would it take for us to recognize community spread if it were occurring?
That obviously depends on where an outbreak occurs, its severity, and how fast it is spreading (R-Value). It would presumably be easier to detect in places London, or Tokyo, or New York City than in Outer Mongolia, or Ethiopia.

But according to yesterday's UKHSA Technical Briefing #3 on H5N1, even in a developed country like the UK, it might take weeks.
Yesterday we looked at the UK's three working `pandemic scenarios', but today we'll look at an analysis of the UK's ability to detect community transmission of a novel flu virus. As you'll see, the Expected time to detection (TTD) and the cumulative number of infections (CI) before we'd know there was community spread are sobering.

We have to face some new facts of the 2020's decade:
The government is no longer able to deal with this, and the public is not interested in dealing with this.

It will be up to us and our tribes to keep ourselves, our families, and our tribes safe.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 12, 2023 8:34 am

TRex2 wrote:...
We have to face some new facts of the 2020's decade:  
The government is no longer able to deal with this, and the public is not interested in dealing with this.

It will be up to us and our tribes to keep ourselves, our families, and our tribes safe.
More, along this same line of thinking.
I had been wondering why there was no sense of urgency (prior to Jan 2020) to rebuild our Strategic National Stockpile, which had been depleted over the previous 10 to 15 years. Here is some insight:
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/05/ecdc-guidance-lessons-from-covid-19.html
The avian flu threat began to retreat, and instead we were hit by the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, which was the mildest of the 3 pandemics following 1918 (2009, 1968 and 1957). It ended in 2010, with many convinced that severe pandemics were a thing of the past, and planning was a waste of time and resources.

Over the next decade, despite repeated warnings (see World Bank: World Ill-Prepared For A Pandemic), and dismal report cards on the world's readiness for another pandemic (see WHO: Survey Of Pandemic Preparedness In Member States), there was more talk about preparedness than actual action.

Pandemic drills and simulations (other than a few tabletop exercises) became rare. Pandemic plans gathered dust, and were rarely updated. Our Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) was inadequately replenished after the 2009 pandemic, and little real thought was given to a non-influenza threat.
I will have to admit, I wasn't all that enthusiastic about pandemic preparedness, at the time.

The results were predictable:
As a result we entered the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic wholly unprepared for a fast moving, moderately severe pandemic. HCWs (and the public) lacked proper PPEs, ventilators were in short supply, hospitals were overwhelmed, governmental and public health messaging was a mess, and as predicted by Osterholm, the world went into an extended economic (and supply chain) deep freeze.
Those of us with a general level of preparedness, even though we hadn't prepared for a pandemic, were still miles ahead of the general public.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri May 12, 2023 10:15 am

Thanks for the post TRex2 I think you hit the nail on the head.

My wife and I have discussed this from time to time. There are so many things still missing from the store shelves. I am still watching for sale items.

Antibiotics are all but impossible to order online you know for your fish.. 44 magnum rounds are hard to find in the stores. Canned mushrooms have been gone for a month or more and Nutmeg for some reason.

We are going to start ordering vitamins and some other things in the next few weeks.

We are being groomed to fail as a nation. The border is a Trojan horse (just my thoughts).

Thanks to this group I think we help each other to look outside the box and try to stay ahead of the curve..

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 13, 2023 7:18 am

Dave/TRex, you guy's are so right. President Regan said it when he said the MOST TERRIFYING nine words you could ever hear, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

https://professorbuzzkill.com/reagan-terrifying-words/

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:24 am

rick1 wrote:Dave/TRex, you guy's are so right. President Regan said it when he said the MOST TERRIFYING nine words you could ever hear, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

https://professorbuzzkill.com/reagan-terrifying-words/
Today might be different. We probably need to keep a sense of (dark) humor about this, but it seems, when discussing pandemic preparedness, the line should be:
"I'm from the government, and I am here to argue with myself and not do a darn thing."

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:47 am

NOTE: Bracketed Text is where I either simplified, or added to, the original.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/06/pathogens-review-sars-cov-2-companion.html
While there are hopeful signs that our current COVID crisis may be waning, we inhabit a far different world today than we did 4 years ago.

Today, variants of [COVID] now circulate - ... - in dozens of species

Not only is there the very real potential for a spillback of a mutated COVID virus from another species into humans, some scientists worry that a recombinant [multistrain CoronaVirus] might someday emerge

For the past 500 years (probably longer) influenza viruses have been our primary pandemic concern.

Today a growing array of coronaviruses provide influenza A with some serious competition. All of which means that pandemics are likely to become more frequent going forward, and we need to be actively preparing for whatever comes next.

Today a growing array of coronaviruses provide influenza A with some serious competition. All of which means that pandemics are likely to become more frequent going forward, and we need to be actively preparing for whatever comes next.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/06/h5n1-only-constant-is-change.html
The avian flu situation has changed markedly in the 7 months since we first looked at a [technical paper], which described the detection of multiple new genotypes of H5N1 - some with increased virulence - which evolved after the H5N1 virus crossed the Atlantic Ocean and arrived in Canada in late 2021.

[A lot of scary stuff in this article, about recent changes to the flu virus in the past couple of years.]

Not surprisingly, H5's evolutionary rate has increased as the number and variety of H5 viruses in circulation has grown. Exactly where this uncontrolled global field experiment will lead remains to be seen, but additional changes to the virus are inevitable.

We need to be prepared for surprises ahead. And time is not our friend.

Anything you do, before a pandemic, is alarmist.
Whatever you do, once it has started, is never enough.

As a footnote:
As if threats from Corona and Flu viruses are not enough, there has been an unprecedented rise in almost every class of sexually transmitted infection, many of them (such as gonorrhea) threatening to become untreatable. If you are around anyone in their teenage years, if they will listen to you, you might want to warn them.

https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/06/ukhsa-gonorrhoea-and-syphilis-at-record.html

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:39 am

There is a big push for people to get RSV, flu and Covid19 vaccines. My advice has not changed. If you needed to get the flu shot in the past, flu and RSV vaccines should be on your radar, this year, as well.

Just how well the RSV vaccine works, I don't know, yet. But it has got to be better than the Covid19 vaccine. I still say, if you are over 60 or have some sort of issue that compromises your ability to fight it, the Covid19 vaccine makes sense.

But the idea that everyone needs it is preposterous. And the government's honesty about the subject?  Well Bruce Willis made some movies called "Die Hard," and Weird Al Yankovic made a song called "Spy Hard." The government's motto should be "Lie Hard." They are still claiming the vaccine will slow the spread of the virus, despite honest analysis showing it will not. And they have provided no evidence, the newer versions of the vaccine is any less dangerous for kids than the original (which seems to be looking more dangerous as time goes by).

All that said, the CDC still seems to post good data to its own web site,
then lies about what that data says, to the public. So the data on that site can still be trusted. So far.

This is a general article about how things are progressing as we approach the peak of the respiratory illness season. It also urges you to get vaccinated.
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2023/12/cdc-han-00503-urgent-need-to-increase.html
At the end of the article, it includes this paragraph:
Sadly, between incessant and highly misleading vaccine information on social media - and inevitable pandemic fatigue after 4 frustrating years of COVID - it is getting harder to convince the public to roll up their sleeves for seasonal and routine vaccinations.
I would suggest: if the CDC wants to convince the public of anything in the future, a good first step would be for them to quit lying to us in the present. Maybe, even, fess up to the lies told in the past (that ain't gonna happen).

If you want a picture of how prevalent respiratory illnesses are, in your state:
https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/main.html

Last edited by TRex2 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : specifying which vaccine)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Interesting reading:

The article series: "The Prophets" are stories about people who saw things, years before anyone else, and tried to warn us.

Inside the story, there is a link to D.A. Henderson's plan.
The link is also at the bottom of this post.

https://www.thefp.com/p/the-prophets-da-henderson
The Prophets: D.A. Henderson
Years before Covid, the scientist credited with eradicating smallpox warned against shutting down the world to combat an epidemic.

In 2006, ten years before his death at the age of 87, the legendary epidemiologist D.A. Henderson laid out a plan for how public health officials should respond to a major influenza pandemic. It was published in a small journal that focused mainly on bioterrorism—and was quickly forgotten.

As it turns out, that paper, titled “Disease Mitigation Measures in the Control of Pandemic Influenza,” was Henderson’s prescient bequest to the future. If we had followed his advice, our country—indeed, our world—could have avoided its disastrous response to Covid.

This month marks the four-year anniversary of lockdowns on a global scale. And though the pandemic has passed, its consequences live on.

Link to The Plan.
https://www.aier.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/10.1.1.552.1109.pdf
If you download the PDF, it will get the cryptic name: "10.1.1.552.1109.pdf "
I would suggest Cool something a bit more human, like:
"The Right Way to Deal with a Pandemic.pdf"

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 pm

As we reach the end of the season for most viral spread, it is already time to think about the opportunity for virus spread during next fall and winter seasons, and make preparations, this summer.

Good motto (from the guy who does Avian Flu Diary)
Anything you do, before a pandemic, is alarmist.
Whatever you do, once it has started, is never enough.

Might be worthwhile to do a quick review of my June 7th post.

Earlier today, I wrote that I am not too concerned with flu spread by way of Dairy Cattle. OTOH, there are many more ways these viruses can spread, and they should be reason for concern.

And Don't Expect Much Warning:
https://afludiary.blogspot.com/2024/04/canada-food-inspection-agency-not.html

While the article discusses the fact that Canada and Mexico are not testing milk or cattle for H5N1, the reality is: almost no one is testing for much of anything, any more.

As one epidemiologist put it:
We are flying blind in a viral storm.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down