Drinkthekoolaid
TRex2
ReadyMom
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watching the Grid Empty Watching the Grid

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 pm

Thought it might be time to start this thread.

Here it comes: Biden team warning U.S. power grid is definitely subject to cyberattacks
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/granholm-us-electric-grid-susceptible-to-cyberattack-actors-already-trying/

WASHINGTON, DC- Feckless Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, who last month laughed off the cyberattack that shut down the Colonial Pipeline by saying people with electric cars didn’t have to worry about it, is now claiming that the U.S. is subject to having its power grid disabled by foreign actors.

(SNIP) ... Granholm was asked if bad actors currently have the capability of shutting down the U.S. power grid, to which she responded, “Yes, they do.”

Admin

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Watching the Grid Empty Re: Watching the Grid

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:56 am

You would think they would have known this, years ago.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cyberwar/warnings/#receiver
ELIGIBLE RECEIVER

Eligible Receiver is the code name of a 1997 internal exercise initiated by the Department of Defense. A "red team" of hackers from the National Security Agency (NSA) was organized to infiltrate the Pentagon systems. The red team was only allowed to use publicly available computer equipment and hacking software. Although many details about Eligible Receiver are still classified, it is known that the red team was able to infiltrate and take control of the Pacific command center computers, as well as power grids and 911 systems in nine major U.S. cities.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Lol welcome to the party.

We've all been saying this for as long as we can remember. Too bad no one will listen.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:25 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Lol welcome to the party.

We've all been saying this for as long as we can remember.  Too bad no one will listen.

Only a couple key strokes away, tic-toc

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:24 pm

Texas Power Grid Operator ERCOT Issues Conservation Alert, Asks Texans to Raise Thermostats, Unplug Appliances to Avoid Blackouts
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/texas-power-grid-operator-ercot-issues-conservation-alert-asks-texans-raise-thermostats-unplug-appliances-avoid-blackouts/

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is asking Texans to reduce electric use as much as possible today through Friday, June 18. A significant number of forced generation outages combined with potential record electric use for the month of June has resulted in tight grid conditions.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:18 pm

That's what happens when you have wind and solar generation, not reliable, period.

There's a wind farm (15 windmills) not far from where I live. They only run about half the time, the rest is maintenance.

Last summer, one blew up, the blades, head, went all over the place, covered about 200 yards of junk. That windmill is still down, can't get all the parts most of which come from china, junk.

I'm more concerned about the keystrokes that Russia/China/Iran/North Korea may be wanting to push.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:45 pm

rick1 wrote:...
I'm more concerned about the keystrokes that Russia/China/Iran/North Korea may be wanting to push.
Thankfully, they aren't ready, yet. Still, they may do something, unintentionally, this year, that could cascade into a nightmare.

Next year, all bets are off.
(I can't be certain, but it looks like they will be ready, next summer.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:34 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Thankfully, they aren't ready, yet. Still, they may do something, unintentionally, this year, that could cascade into a nightmare.

Next year, all bets are off.
(I can't be certain, but it looks like they will be ready, next summer.)

Here's my bet TRex, when Russia invades Crimea and/or China invades Taiwan, all bets are off. One of them will take care of something more serious then a gas pipeline, just to keep the government busy.

You say maybe next summer, I say maybe this winter (January/February) the coldest months, will keep everybody busy, military, government, normal people, etc..

What's everybody else think? Surprised

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:48 pm

If I was going to cause problems I would do it in the middle of the winter possibly when they were forecasting a winter storm or seriously cold temps....

That would strain the infrastructure and the emergency response folks

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:19 am

Dave58 wrote:If I was going to cause problems I would do it in the middle of the winter possibly when they were forecasting a winter storm or seriously cold temps....

Sure, but just as good these days would be to kill the grid during a heat wave, especially the record breaking heatwaves like in the Southwest the past few days that's now moving into the Midwest. Backup power could never handle the cooling load so anyone/anything that requires climate control would be in trouble - food, elderly, chronic patients, etc.

Heck, it could even be done more deniably by just messing with enough power plants and leaving the grid to collapse under its own weight.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:25 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:If I was going to cause problems I would do it in the middle of the winter possibly when they were forecasting a winter storm or seriously cold temps....

Sure, but just as good these days would be to kill the grid during a heat wave, especially the record breaking heatwaves like in the Southwest the past few days that's now moving into the Midwest. Backup power could never handle the cooling load so anyone/anything that requires climate control would be in trouble - food, elderly, chronic patients, etc.

Heck, it could even be done more deniably by just messing with enough power plants and leaving the grid to collapse under its own weight.

I agree dm, but you're only talking about a handful of states on the heat wave, here this morning I had 39 degrees and have a fire in the wood burner, in the middle of June.

In the winter months you have a lot more cold in many more states. But, I wouldn't want to go through a heat wave or a nasty cold wave, I like to see 70 degrees year round.

But, in either case, people will die/suffer and that's not for me.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:58 pm

In the winter months you have a lot more cold in many more states. But, I wouldn't want to go through a heat wave or a nasty cold wave, I like to see 70 degrees year round.
I will second that.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:06 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:

The company I work at, many of their production plants often times has to deal with either power cuts or experiences very high utility peak rate surcharges during daytime hours in the summer in certain regions. Their production plants are significant power consumers.

It has an affect for sure.

With as dry as the west is now wait until PG&E decides to do preventive power cuts to prevent electrical fires/forest fires. California is going to be in trouble this year

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:51 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Thought it might be time to start this thread.

Here it comes: Biden team warning U.S. power grid is definitely subject to cyberattacks
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/granholm-us-electric-grid-susceptible-to-cyberattack-actors-already-trying/

WASHINGTON, DC- Feckless Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, who last month laughed off the cyberattack that shut down the Colonial Pipeline by saying people with electric cars didn’t have to worry about it, is now claiming that the U.S. is subject to having its power grid disabled by foreign actors.

(SNIP) ... Granholm was asked if bad actors currently have the capability of shutting down the U.S. power grid, to which she responded, “Yes, they do.”

The D.C. congress/senate pass a 1.2 trillion dollar bill on infrastructure and not one penny to harden our power grid. They all have there heads up their butts. It's everyman for themselves:

https://www.newsmax.com/henryfcooper/dod-doe-srnl-wylie/2021/08/09/id/1031624/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:19 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Thought it might be time to start this thread.

The D.C. congress/senate pass a 1.2 trillion dollar bill on infrastructure and not one penny to harden our power grid. They all have there heads up their butts. It's everyman for themselves:

Maybe they don't want to protect the grid or at least all of it..

Just guessing but if the grid goes down, say this winter would it not be be easier to get all the people gathered into large cities, FEMA cities ??? It would make it so much easier to control the masses...

Disclaimer I watch a lot of syfy......

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Dave58 wrote:

He doesn't go much into detail about what the budge DOES say about the HV lines, only that the budget mentions them.

On the one hand, the Grid's components are owned by commercial corporations, which means the real expense of upgrading should be done by them, and they should pass on the expense as part of our electric bills,

On the other hand, there are a lot of regulatory agencies with intermingled and overlapping regulations on everything from where they can put the lines and what kind of lines can be put there, to what charges can or cannot be passed on to the customers.

Sadly, what I just wrote doesn't fill me with a lot of hope...

rick1 wrote:Maybe they don't want to protect the grid or at least all of it..

Just guessing but if the grid goes down, say this winter would it not be be easier to get all the people gathered into large cities, FEMA cities ??? It would make it so much easier to control the masses...

Disclaimer  I watch a lot of syfy......
There would be a substantial minority of people who would be smart enough to head the other way, and don't forget the military will also be hamstrung if the grid goes down, they will be able to deal with their own internal problems, and not much more. In a few months, most of them will be reduced to foraging for their own subsistence. There is still a substantial remnant who still believe in the Constitution, so they would become a serious problem for any power that would try to "round us up."

Besides, they need workers out on the farms to bring in the food (at which point, they may try to take at gunpoint.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:28 am

TRex2 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:

He doesn't go much into detail about what the budge DOES say about the HV lines, only that the budget mentions them.

On the one hand, the Grid's components are owned by commercial corporations, which means the real expense of upgrading should be done by them, and they should pass on the expense as part of our electric bills,

On the other hand, there are a lot of regulatory agencies with intermingled and overlapping regulations on everything from where they can put the lines and what kind of lines can be put there, to what charges can or cannot be passed on to the customers.

Sadly, what I just wrote doesn't fill me with a lot of hope...

rick1 wrote:Maybe they don't want to protect the grid or at least all of it..

Disclaimer  I watch a lot of syfy......
There would be a substantial minority of people who would be smart enough to head the other way, and don't forget the military will also be hamstrung if the grid goes down, they will be able to deal with their own internal problems, and not much more. In a few months, most of them will be reduced to foraging for their own subsistence. There is still a substantial remnant who still believe in the Constitution, so they would become a serious problem for any power that would try to "round us up."

Besides, they need workers out on the farms to bring in the food (at which point, they may try to take at gunpoint.)

This is a great explanation.

It's a very convoluted mess of inter-mingled interests between the government, public/private corporations, power authorities and commissions and evey one of them thinks it's the others responsibility to fix and improve things.

I remember a saying "when it's everyone's responsibility it's no one's responsibility".

It's far from an ideal scenario.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:13 am

Just saw a video about a new physical threat to our power grid: drones. Yep, a consumer drone was modified as a makeshift way to damage a substation….

New report reveals apparent plot against electrical grid
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/11/04/drone-threat-power-grid-new-details-marquardt-lead-pkg-vpx.cnn

dmwalsh568

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:03 pm

They are not going to stop until they crash the grid... Its going to be a rough winter..

Better make sure you have your stuff squared away......

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:18 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:Just saw a video about a new physical threat to our power grid: drones. Yep, a consumer drone was modified as a makeshift way to damage a substation….

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/11/04/drone-threat-power-grid-new-details-marquardt-lead-pkg-vpx.cnn

That actually happened in PA.

Yep, fox news showed a drone that was carrying a wire, long enough to cross from a positive to a negative flying over power lines/power stations. The drone had nothing on it to identify it or connect it to somebody.

Here's a link to the story, a good read.

https://autonews.cc/likely-drone-attack-on-u-s-power-grid-revealed-in-new-intelligence-report/

Starting to get a little hairy around power supplies.

Last edited by rick1 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)

ReadyMom and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:38 pm

This Sunday, Feb 27th, there's a special topic on Russia and threats to our electrical grid:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20220225cbs01/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:55 am

rick1 wrote:
dmwalsh568 wrote:Just saw a video about a new physical threat to our power grid: drones. Yep, a consumer drone was modified as a makeshift way to damage a substation….
That actually happened in PA.
Yep, fox news showed a drone that was carrying a wire, long enough to cross from a positive to a negative flying over power lines/power stations. The drone had nothing on it to identify it or connect it to somebody.
Here's a link to the story, a good read.
https://autonews.cc/likely-drone-attack-on-u-s-power-grid-revealed-in-new-intelligence-report/
Starting to get a little hairy around power supplies.
The enemy may well be playing with that idea, but I think their attempts at this type of attack will fail to produce any lasting damage. Those stations just simply operate at power levels that boggle the mind, and unless someone hits just the right spot, the most that will happen is a wire or two (including the one the drone is carrying) will melt and the station's self protection system will shut it down. That kind of damage can be fixed in a few days.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 26, 2022 10:28 am

Stock up on non electrical (battery/solar/wind/generator operated) appliances and lights.

They're expecting 40% of the U.S. to have rolling blackouts this summer as demands raise.

I wonder if joe crow 2.0's war on fossil fuels has anything to do with it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-18/vast-swath-of-us-is-at-risk-of-summer-blackouts-regulator-warns

Last edited by rick1 on Thu May 26, 2022 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add solar/wind)

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 26, 2022 11:36 am

rick1 wrote:Stock up on non electrical (battery/solar/wind/generator operated) appliances and lights.

They're expecting 40% of the U.S. to have rolling blackouts this summer as demands raise.

I wonder if joe crow 2.0's war on fossil fuels has anything to do with it:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-18/vast-swath-of-us-is-at-risk-of-summer-blackouts-regulator-warns
The push for "green" energy has everything to do with it, but Joe is just a bit player.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu May 26, 2022 2:08 pm

Food shortages, fuel too expensive for purchase (gas & propane), electrical outages ... what else can go wrong. They are pinning us against the wall.

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 26, 2022 3:31 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Food shortages, fuel too expensive for purchase (gas & propane), electrical outages ... what else can go wrong. They are pinning us against the wall.

You ask, what else can go wrong, well wait until you see what you pay for heat next winter Shocked

Just look at what heating oil and natural gas prices have gone up and it's not heating season. It's going to get real ugly.

The white house is looking into rationing gas and diesel, that didn't go well back in the mid '70's, if you were around then and it'll be worse now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu May 26, 2022 3:59 pm

rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Food shortages, fuel too expensive for purchase (gas & propane), electrical outages ... what else can go wrong. They are pinning us against the wall.

You ask, what else can go wrong, well wait until you see what you pay for heat next winter Shocked

Just look at what heating oil and natural gas prices have gone up and it's not heating season. It's going to get real ugly.

The white house is looking into rationing gas and diesel, that didn't go well back in the mid '70's, if you were around then and it'll be worse now.

If they ration gas and diesel people will get ugly when the grocery stores start running low or become to expensive to buy.. I am going to make sure that I have at least 2yrs of firewood by the time the snow flies and I am rotating out my gas for my generator.. Time is getting short

tic-tock tic-tock

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu May 26, 2022 7:05 pm

And burning our safety nets:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/self-sufficiency-preparedness/3359393-faraday-cages-3.html
According to the White House, “the President will announce the largest release of oil reserves in history, putting one million additional barrels on the market per day on average – every day – for the next six months.”

This follows Biden’s first tapping of the SPR in November 2021, when he ordered 50 million barrels released.

In less than 15 months on the job, Biden has twice authorized SPR releases, totaling 230 million barrels, which accounts for roughly one third of the total SPR supply.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/republicans-slam-biden-draining-oil-reserves-gas-prices-remain-record-high
In a letter addressed to Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, a coalition of GOP lawmakers demanded answers regarding the Department of Energy's plan to backfill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve after officials released a record-setting amount of oil from it in hopes to bringing down record-high gas prices.

"The American people deserve to know more about DOE’s plan to backfill the SPR. The SPR is intended for emergency supply chain disruptions — not as a stop gap to make up for the Biden administration’s war on domestic energy," the letter said. It was signed by Republicans on the House Oversight Committee, and was led by ranking member Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., and Rep. Fred Keller, R-Pa.

President Biden has tapped the emergency oil stash three times over the past year in hopes of lowering gas prices, including most recently in March, when he ordered a record-setting 180 million barrels of oil released from the reserve. If fully enacted, the president's plan would release 1 million barrels per day until September.
Here is the plan for restocking. Note, the plan is to restock 15+ months from now:
The Energy Department said that it expects oil prices and consumer demand to drop in coming months, likely beginning in the fall after fiscal year 2023. But the GOP lawmakers cast doubt on that assessment, noting that inflation and fuel prices have remained elevated for some time and have shown no sign of slowing down. The stockpile is currently at the lowest level since 1987.
And there's more:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-considers-tapping-emergency-diesel-reserve-prices-record-high
White House officials have readied an emergency declaration that would allow President Biden to release diesel from the Northeast Home Heating Oil Reserve in order to deal with short-term supply shortfalls if conditions further deteriorate. CNN first reported the news.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu May 26, 2022 7:32 pm

The worse thing any President can do, is to tap into the oil reserves.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am

rick1 wrote:The worse thing any President can do, is to tap into the oil reserves.
The only actual effect of tapping into those reserves, this year, will be to weaken our country.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 27, 2022 6:51 pm

The next shortage in the U.S., electricity, glad I got some solar that'll run about 40% of the house:

https://www.uschamber.com/energy/the-next-shortage-electricity

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 pm

rick1 wrote:The next shortage in the U.S., electricity, glad I got some solar that'll run about 40% of the house:

https://www.uschamber.com/energy/the-next-shortage-electricity

Here's another story on how this administration is putting the screws to us on the lack of electricity:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/electricity-shortage-warnings-grow-across-u-s/ar-AAX2p1F

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:05 pm

Not only is the country going broke, water shortages in Kilifornia, food shortages, out of sight prices on almost everything, etc., now states can't even buy electricity from another state (no power lines).

Expect rolling blackouts in many states:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/stuart-varney-summer-energy-climate-change

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/the-grid/electricity-shortages-brace-for-impact/

Last edited by rick1 on Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add another link)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:45 pm

rick1 wrote:Not only is the country going broke, water shortages in Kilifornia, food shortages, out of sight prices on almost everything, etc., now states can't even buy electricity from another state (no power lines).

Expect rolling blackouts in many states:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/stuart-varney-summer-energy-climate-change

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/the-grid/electricity-shortages-brace-for-impact/
The idea of Solar and Wind taking the place of coal and gas are simply a case of wishful thinking, over ruling logic and rational planning. Of course, the Democrats will probably blame Trump, or other Conservatives.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:20 pm

now states can't even buy electricity from another state (no power lines).
Speaking of power lines.
Does anyone recall the power companies pretending to harden the power distribution system, about 10 years ago? (I recall being skeptical) They supposedly hardened them against EMP (I ridiculed them for using a test that was the equivalent of crash testing cars at 7 mph) and they discussed hardening them, based on the power station attack in CA, that happened the same day as the Boston Marathon bombing.

Well, during our attack on Serbia, to make them leave Kosovo, we dropped "bombs" made from graphite, that would simply short out and shut down their power distribution system.

I don't think we have thought all of this through:
https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-news/local-news-local-news/snake-leads-to-thousands-losing-power-near-mountain-view/
HOWELL COUNTY, Mo.– Thousands in Howell County went without power Saturday morning, discovered to be the work of a snake.

At around 10:40 a.m., 1,246 members in the Trask area between Willow Springs and Mountain View had reported losing power. During investigation by power crews, it was discovered a snake had made its way into the equipment of a substation.

As of 3:30 p.m., the Association of Missouri Electric Cooperatives outages map is not showing any Howell County residents currently without power.
I am certain, if a snake can shut down a transformer station, by accident, a terrorist can shut it down, deliberately.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Nature is stress testing our electrical grid, here in the MidWest.

We shall see how it goes.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:53 pm

TRex2 wrote:Nature is stress testing our electrical grid, here in the MidWest.

Heat index is 104 here and its still early afternoon.....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:59 pm

Dave58 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:Nature is stress testing our electrical grid, here in the MidWest.

Heat index is 104 here and its still early afternoon.....

Holly crap :BadDog: , I can't take that heat, that's why I love winter.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:58 am

Experts warn of rolling blackouts nation wide, all because of the stupidity of our government.

Experts say they burn more coal and natural gas to make green energy then green energy can save on carbon emissions.

Somewhat of a long read, but worth the time to read it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rush-green-energy-has-left-us-incredibly-vulnerable-summer-blackouts-expert-warns

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:52 am

rick1 wrote:Experts warn of rolling blackouts nation wide, all because of the stupidity of our government.
Experts say they burn more coal and natural gas to make green energy then green energy can save on carbon emissions.
Somewhat of a long read, but worth the time to read it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/rush-green-energy-has-left-us-incredibly-vulnerable-summer-blackouts-expert-warns
Thankfully someone is exposing this, but unfortunately, only about 25% of the public will believe it, and they are not in charge.

Those at the top of the "food chain" know exactly what they are doing to us.

Personally I hope we have blackouts this summer, and I hope they are huge. I mean really huge. If we don't, people will continue to call the truth "alarmist" and a "conspiracy theory."

If it isn't really, really huge, with massive loss of life, people will not learn their lesson. They will say we just didn't push hard enough to promote more "green energy." They will learn all of the wrong lessons.

An Energy Armageddon will eventually arrive, and the longer it takes before it happens, the more smaller losses we will incur along the way.

The question is:
How long can those at the top of the "food chain" heat the water, before the frog knows he is being cooked.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Last June I had a post (above) about one of the windmills that went down not far from where I live.

It blew up in summer of 2020, that same windmill still isn't fixed. Seems like corn pops renewable energy isn't that big of a deal.

Now, we've been talking about the grid now for over a year, have any of you (that don't already have) a wood stove for winter if these rolling blackouts occur? My bet is NO, but you may have thought about it for awhile and then just forgot.

The way this country is going, I'd be buying one, even a good used one, along with all the pipes, firewood, etc. that go along with it.

In an emergency and I mean an emergency, you can vent it out one of your windows. Unless you have electric heat, you already have a flue, all ya got to do is disconnect your current furnace and pipe in your wood burner.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/faqs/how-to-vent-a-wood-stove-out-a-window/

Wake up, the lack of electricity is knocking on everybody's door.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:55 pm

rick1 wrote:Last June I had a post (above) about one of the windmills that went down not far from where I live.

It blew up in summer of 2020, that same windmill still isn't fixed. Seems like corn pops renewable energy isn't that big of a deal.
Supplying electricity isn't really high on the list of priorities, for the powers that be. If it doesn't shut down a fossil fuel or nuclear power plant, or weaken the country in some way, they don't really care. Yes, I just said it out loud:  the transition to wind and solar power, is just a tool, in the quiet war to remove America from the world stage. In truth it has nothing to do with "saving the planet."

Now, we've been talking about the grid now for over a year, have any of you (that don't already have) a wood stove for winter if these rolling blackouts occur? My bet is NO, but you may have thought about it for awhile and then just forgot.

The way this country is going, I'd be buying one, even a good used one, along with all the pipes, firewood, etc. that go along with it.

In an emergency and I mean an emergency, you can vent it out one of your windows. Unless you have electric heat, you already have a flue, all ya got to do is disconnect your current furnace and pipe in your wood burner.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/faqs/how-to-vent-a-wood-stove-out-a-window/

Wake up, the lack of electricity is knocking on everybody's door.
Thankfully, here in the Ozarks my winter is mild enough, a power outage would be an annoyance but not life or death. I have a small kerosene camp stove and a basement. And just enough kerosene to make it through one really rough winter. (I have done the math, it would be uncomfortable.)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:37 am

Found this article from last year. I'm assuming we haven't heard anymore about it because the Beast isn't due for replacement yet and there are details we aren't privy to in its construction....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36488379/biden-electric-presidential-limo/

Biden Wants to Electrify the Beast
White House press secretary Jen Psaki says electrifying the presidential limo is "an objective" for Biden.

MAY 20, 2021

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Not to worry, his son will get him one from China, in exchange for some deals ...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Rolling blackouts are already happening in Oklahoma - niece has had at least 3 for a couple hours each in the last month.

We've not had any power outages yet, except a neighbor, who had an issue.

What we've had trouble with is our landline phones. We live in an area where there is no cell service, and our landline phones in the whole neighborhood have been down a least 5-10 days out of the month. It's old infrastructure, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:59 am

Cinnamon wrote:Rolling blackouts are already happening in Oklahoma - niece has had at least 3 for a couple hours each in the last month.

We've not had any power outages yet, except a neighbor, who had an issue.

What we've had trouble with is our landline phones. We live in an area where there is no cell service, and our landline phones in the whole neighborhood have been down a least 5-10 days out of the month. It's old infrastructure, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

We haven't had any blackouts yet..As far as the phone we have a Magic Jack phone service..It hooks into the USB port on the computer.. Its really cheap last time I paid it was $100.00 for 3 yrs service.

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next