Drinkthekoolaid
TRex2
ReadyMom
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Watching the Grid - Page 2 Empty Re: Watching the Grid

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:52 am

rick1 wrote:Experts warn of rolling blackouts nation wide, all because of the stupidity of our government.
Experts say they burn more coal and natural gas to make green energy then green energy can save on carbon emissions.
Somewhat of a long read, but worth the time to read it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/rush-green-energy-has-left-us-incredibly-vulnerable-summer-blackouts-expert-warns
Thankfully someone is exposing this, but unfortunately, only about 25% of the public will believe it, and they are not in charge.

Those at the top of the "food chain" know exactly what they are doing to us.

Personally I hope we have blackouts this summer, and I hope they are huge. I mean really huge. If we don't, people will continue to call the truth "alarmist" and a "conspiracy theory."

If it isn't really, really huge, with massive loss of life, people will not learn their lesson. They will say we just didn't push hard enough to promote more "green energy." They will learn all of the wrong lessons.

An Energy Armageddon will eventually arrive, and the longer it takes before it happens, the more smaller losses we will incur along the way.

The question is:
How long can those at the top of the "food chain" heat the water, before the frog knows he is being cooked.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Last June I had a post (above) about one of the windmills that went down not far from where I live.

It blew up in summer of 2020, that same windmill still isn't fixed. Seems like corn pops renewable energy isn't that big of a deal.

Now, we've been talking about the grid now for over a year, have any of you (that don't already have) a wood stove for winter if these rolling blackouts occur? My bet is NO, but you may have thought about it for awhile and then just forgot.

The way this country is going, I'd be buying one, even a good used one, along with all the pipes, firewood, etc. that go along with it.

In an emergency and I mean an emergency, you can vent it out one of your windows. Unless you have electric heat, you already have a flue, all ya got to do is disconnect your current furnace and pipe in your wood burner.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/faqs/how-to-vent-a-wood-stove-out-a-window/

Wake up, the lack of electricity is knocking on everybody's door.

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:55 pm

rick1 wrote:Last June I had a post (above) about one of the windmills that went down not far from where I live.

It blew up in summer of 2020, that same windmill still isn't fixed. Seems like corn pops renewable energy isn't that big of a deal.
Supplying electricity isn't really high on the list of priorities, for the powers that be. If it doesn't shut down a fossil fuel or nuclear power plant, or weaken the country in some way, they don't really care. Yes, I just said it out loud:  the transition to wind and solar power, is just a tool, in the quiet war to remove America from the world stage. In truth it has nothing to do with "saving the planet."

Now, we've been talking about the grid now for over a year, have any of you (that don't already have) a wood stove for winter if these rolling blackouts occur? My bet is NO, but you may have thought about it for awhile and then just forgot.

The way this country is going, I'd be buying one, even a good used one, along with all the pipes, firewood, etc. that go along with it.

In an emergency and I mean an emergency, you can vent it out one of your windows. Unless you have electric heat, you already have a flue, all ya got to do is disconnect your current furnace and pipe in your wood burner.

https://allfamousbirthday.com/faqs/how-to-vent-a-wood-stove-out-a-window/

Wake up, the lack of electricity is knocking on everybody's door.
Thankfully, here in the Ozarks my winter is mild enough, a power outage would be an annoyance but not life or death. I have a small kerosene camp stove and a basement. And just enough kerosene to make it through one really rough winter. (I have done the math, it would be uncomfortable.)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:16 pm

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:37 am

Found this article from last year. I'm assuming we haven't heard anymore about it because the Beast isn't due for replacement yet and there are details we aren't privy to in its construction....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36488379/biden-electric-presidential-limo/

Biden Wants to Electrify the Beast
White House press secretary Jen Psaki says electrifying the presidential limo is "an objective" for Biden.

MAY 20, 2021

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Not to worry, his son will get him one from China, in exchange for some deals ...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Rolling blackouts are already happening in Oklahoma - niece has had at least 3 for a couple hours each in the last month.

We've not had any power outages yet, except a neighbor, who had an issue.

What we've had trouble with is our landline phones. We live in an area where there is no cell service, and our landline phones in the whole neighborhood have been down a least 5-10 days out of the month. It's old infrastructure, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:59 am

Cinnamon wrote:Rolling blackouts are already happening in Oklahoma - niece has had at least 3 for a couple hours each in the last month.

We've not had any power outages yet, except a neighbor, who had an issue.

What we've had trouble with is our landline phones. We live in an area where there is no cell service, and our landline phones in the whole neighborhood have been down a least 5-10 days out of the month. It's old infrastructure, so I'm sure that's part of the problem.

We haven't had any blackouts yet..As far as the phone we have a Magic Jack phone service..It hooks into the USB port on the computer.. Its really cheap last time I paid it was $100.00 for 3 yrs service.

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:24 pm

I think they had a few "rolling" blackouts" in, and East of, Houston, sometime this month. I also heard a rumor of some in Oklahoma.

Other than that, it looks like the US did just fine, unlike a lot of other countries.

Give the Left some time, though, and they will make us just like those other countries.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:03 am

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:09 am

rick1 wrote:6 western states and Mexico face water and electricity shortages:

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/western-us-faces-water-and-power-shortages-due-to-climate-change-un-warns-211255637.html
Water is life.

The video currently on that page (How Phoenix is dealing with the heat of climate change) is somewhat humorous, in a dark way.

After 30 years of the UN trying to herd us into cites, Phoenix is telling us that Urbanization is a driving factor of climate change, for them.

You have to follow the link to the UN article to see:
UN News wrote:Lake Mead, located in Nevada and Arizona, was created in the 1930s by the construction of the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River. It is the largest artificial body of water in the US.

Lake Powell, located in Utah and Arizona, is the second largest and was created in the 1960s with the construction of the Glen Canyon Dam.

The reservoirs provide water and electricity to tens of millions of people in the states of Nevada, Arizona, California, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico, and in Mexico, as well as irrigation water for agriculture.
They need to understand that those lakes will no longer be able to supply water for irrigation, and begin building more desalinization plants along S. California and NW Mexico.

It is also darkly humorous that I hear "public service" advertisements on the radio, very regularly, telling me: "the Earth is running out of fresh water: send us money." (World Wildlife Federation.) Funny, I have, literally, a million gallons or more of fresh water flowing past my house every minute. (That is a "near minimum" flow rate for the White River in Arkansas.)

The problem isn't that we don't have fresh water, it is that we don't seem to want to live near it. I chose this place (well, actually God chose it for me) because of the water.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:08 pm

Niece is still experiencing rolling blackouts in Oklahoma. She has invested in battery powered fans and is acclimating her kids to the natural outdoors. They also have a baby pool to splash around in.

We just spent 10K for a new heat pump/AC unit. The old one was wearing out (16 years old) and the tech helped us keep it limping along for the past 6 months, but we finally just told him to order a new one and install it. Of course, if the grid goes down, our genny will keep it running for as long as we have gas.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:06 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Niece is still experiencing rolling blackouts in Oklahoma. She has invested in battery powered fans and is acclimating her kids to the natural outdoors. They also have a baby pool to splash around in.

We just spent 10K for a new heat pump/AC unit. The old one was wearing out (16 years old) and the tech helped us keep it limping along for the past 6 months, but we finally just told him to order a new one and install it. Of course, if the grid goes down, our genny will keep it running for as long as we have gas.
In addition to the Central Unit, we have a 5K (very small) room AC, for that purpose. Now I just have to get it installed and get a genny Laugh-Roll

(A little behind the curve on creature comforts.)

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:23 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Niece is still experiencing rolling blackouts in Oklahoma. She has invested in battery powered fans and is acclimating her kids to the natural outdoors. They also have a baby pool to splash around in.
Actual, real, rolling blackouts?
I have heard some equipment failure blackouts, but I didn't know they had rolling blackouts. Do they live in the OK City or Tulsa area, or rural?

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 am

They live rural near Stillwater in one of the little towns. Apparently, parts of the area will be without power in the morning, and then in the afternoon, another part will be without power. I'm assuming that's a rolling blackout, unless it's like our area...occasionally, a squirrel or two really will take down the grid. (Happened twice in our rural neighborhood).
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:17 pm

Cinnamon wrote:They live rural near Stillwater in one of the little towns. Apparently, parts of the area will be without power in the morning, and then in the afternoon, another part will be without power. I'm assuming that's a rolling blackout, unless it's like our area...occasionally, a squirrel or two really will take down the grid. (Happened twice in our rural neighborhood).
Yes, I have seen the squirrel thing.

But the outages you are describing are neither normal rolling blackouts, nor are they typical of equipment failures. I'm stumped, unless there is something neither of us knows about your local distributor.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Blondie Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 pm

Meanwhile, over the bridge to the North, large swath of downtown Toronto without power:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/08/11/downtown-toronto-hit-by-major-power-outage.html

Blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:43 pm

Hmmm. I don't live in Oklahoma, so I don't really know. Niece just tells us it's happening. Not every day, but seems like once every two weeks or so. She has friends across town, and they all use social media to report where the blackouts are happening.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:48 am

Cinnamon wrote:Hmmm. I don't live in Oklahoma, so I don't really know. Niece just tells us it's happening. Not every day, but seems like once every two weeks or so. She has friends across town, and they all use social media to report where the blackouts are happening.
The only thing I can think of is the distributor is taking parts of the system down for maintenance and upgrades. That (or something like a squirrel or car hitting utility pole) is the only reason I can think of for a blackout in the morning. "Rolling blackouts" only happen in the morning in winter, or in the evening in summer.

Just the same, it might be wise to use these outages as practice for what may come next year, or the year after.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:52 am

Cinnamon wrote:They live rural near Stillwater in one of the little towns. Apparently, parts of the area will be without power in the morning, and then in the afternoon, another part will be without power. I'm assuming that's a rolling blackout, unless it's like our area...occasionally, a squirrel or two really will take down the grid. (Happened twice in our rural neighborhood).

How are the unions and local electric utilities getting along?

In the past, some unscrupulous utility workers would put peanut butter on the transformer leads to attract squirrels....with obvious results.

Not saying it's happening now, but it might be a good idea to look at the transformer connections from afar if your area is having intermittent blackouts for no good reason....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:13 am

Can ya go without electricity, well, 'cause of the far left radicals and their new green deal, it just may be a daily thing to contend with. You just can't produce enough electricity without fossil fuels and rolling blackouts will be the norm:

https://www.technocracy.news/the-green-green-road-to-energy-blackouts/

Now how about the cost to normal households, well, Australians pay a hidden $1300.00/year for their new green deal:

https://saltbushclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/green-blackouts.pdf

I say do an experiment, take one city (D.C.) sounds like a good one. Have nothing but wind turbines and solar panels to generate their electricity and see how well it goes for them. If it works out ok, then go to NYC and do their electricity the same way.

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:16 am

Sounds like a great idea....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:13 pm

rick1 wrote:...
I say do an experiment, take one city (D.C.) sounds like a good one. Have nothing but wind turbines and solar panels to generate their electricity and see how well it goes for them. If it works out ok, then go to NYC and do their electricity the same way.
Don't forget electric cars and trucks.

No electrical connections to the outside, and no gasoline stations, or other petroleum fuel tanks, inside of The District. Try it for a full year.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:45 pm

We apparently had a power outage for about 2 hours. We weren't home, so didn't experience it.

For this arctic blast, we simple stocked the wood, put the lanterns in convenient spots, and hunkered down. It was a peaceful few days.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:09 am

Had a weather related outage for about 2 hours here from last week's storm, but wasn't a problem as the standby generator kicked in within a minute.

Just glad I'm not in an area where yahoos are damaging substations causing power outages. But I'm ready with oil and filters in case I have to keep the generator running for an extended period....

Isn't the new normal just grand? Sick

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:46 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:Had a weather related outage for about 2 hours here from last week's storm, but wasn't a problem as the standby generator kicked in within a minute.

Just glad I'm not in an area where yahoos are damaging substations causing power outages. But I'm ready with oil and filters in case I have to keep the generator running for an extended period....

Isn't the new normal just grand? Sick

dm, I think the yahoos are all over the place (in every state), let alone all the got-aways crossing the southern border, that nobody has any idea who they are or even where they are.

Back in January 2022, DHS warned about this:

https://www.mcac.maryland.gov/newsroom/HomelandSecurityNews/20220126-domestic-violent-extremists-plotting-to-disrupt-u-s-power-grid-cbsnews

Here's another good read on domestic terror attacks on the grid:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/26/physical-attacks-electrical-grid-peak-00075216

Last edited by rick1 on Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add another link)

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Back in 2020, (I posted earlier, in 2020 OR 2021), there was a windmill that blew up not far from where I live. It is now fixed and running, 3 years to get parts from China.

Now with a new post, more rolling blackouts this year are coming, about 2/3rds of the U.S. is expected to have rolling blackouts, so be/get prepared if you live in those areas. If temperatures remain normal, we should be alright, but if higher then normal, be prepared:

https://weather.com/news/video/two-thirds-of-north-america-could-see-blackouts-this-summer

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:54 pm

From offgridsurvival.com. DHS says to stock pile 6 months worth of goods for possible attacks on the power grid.

Seems like we here have known that for quite awhile now. It's about time the far left radicals wake up.

https://offgridsurvival.com/dhspowergriddownwarning/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:53 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:09 am

rick1 wrote:From offgridsurvival.com. DHS says to stock pile 6 months worth of goods for possible attacks on the power grid.

Seems like we here have known that for quite awhile now. It's about time the far left radicals wake up.

The original date from that article is 2018 ... 5 years ago. Although we didn't need what folks might have stocked for those particular grid-down events, the warning is sadly still pertinent. Sheesh ... it just never ends.

Admin

dmwalsh568 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:29 am

Yep ReadyMom, I was looking at the date offgridsurvival posted it.

Here's a recent one from January 2023:

https://time.com/6244977/us-power-grid-attacks-extremism/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:11 pm

ReadyMom wrote:...
 The original date from that article is 2018 ... 5 years ago. Although we didn't need what folks might have stocked for those particular grid-down events, the warning is sadly still pertinent. Sheesh ... it just never ends.
Nope. Nothing really changes.

Ecclesiastes (ESV) wrote:I the Preacher have been king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom all that is done under heaven. It is an unhappy business that God has given to the children of man to be busy with. I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind.

What is crooked cannot be made straight,
   and what is lacking cannot be counted.

I said in my heart, “I have acquired great wisdom, surpassing all who were over Jerusalem before me, and my heart has had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.” And I applied my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is but a striving after wind.

For in much wisdom is much vexation,
   and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow.

rick1 wrote:Yep ReadyMom, I was looking at the date offgridsurvival posted it.
Here's a recent one from January 2023:
https://time.com/6244977/us-power-grid-attacks-extremism/
You notice no one has been found responsible for the substation attacks?

I guess the federales didn't look in the mirror.

But, don't dispare:
Ecclesiastes (ESV) wrote:There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:42 am

My sister lives in Oklahoma and the bad storms have taken down the grid in some areas. They've had power flickering for the past 24 hours with periods of it being out for a little while. The internet is down, too.

Apparently, large swathes of Oklahoma are without power at this time.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:52 pm

Cinnamon wrote:My sister lives in Oklahoma and the bad storms have taken down the grid in some areas. They've had power flickering for the past 24 hours with periods of it being out for a little while. The internet is down, too.

Apparently, large swathes of Oklahoma are without power at this time.
Not sure about this morning, but now it is mid afternoon, and quite a few outages still remain in the Tulsa area.
https://poweroutage.us/area/state/oklahoma

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:57 am

Manny Cancel, senior vice president from North American Electric Reliability Corporation warns lawmakers about China and our power grid:

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/18/us-power-grid-faces-alarming-threat-from-chinese-hackers-expert-warns-lawmakers/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:16 am

ReadyMom wrote:
rick1 wrote:From offgridsurvival.com. DHS says to stock pile 6 months worth of goods for possible attacks on the power grid.

Looks like the government resource for that article, titled Catestrophic Power Outage Study, written under Trump, was moved to another department:
https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/NIAC%20Catastrophic%20Power%20Outage%20Study_FINAL.pdf

There is also a copy of it on the WayBack Machine. Internally, the PDF says it is a "Draft" but the URL says "Final." I guess the Government doesn't know what page they are on. The one above doesn't say draft, so it may have some slight differences.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200111174618/https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/NIAC%20Catastrophic%20Power%20Outage%20Study_508%20FINAL.pdf

This report asks the National Security Council to follow up, but anything put out by the NSC is probably classified. I don't know of any more current reports.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:42 am

OK Trex and dmwalsh, seems like you two are the brains of cyber, explain this article in words that I can understand.

Seems like a group, from China and living off grid as much as possible called Stealth Mode is doing some cyber work:

https://www.mandiant.com/resources/blog/chinese-espionage-tactics

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:11 pm

rick1 wrote:OK Trex and dmwalsh, seems like you two are the brains of cyber, explain this article in words that I can understand.

Seems like a group, from China and living off grid as much as possible called Stealth Mode is doing some cyber work:

https://www.mandiant.com/resources/blog/chinese-espionage-tactics

I'm pretty sure Stealth Mode was just being used to describe how the various Chinese hacker groups are hiding from normal detection, not the name of a specific group.

That said a number of high end hacker groups like to practice what is called living off the land attacks - basically it means using software already on the devices so no programs need to be uploaded to the devices. By doing this it's easier to evade detection from security tools since most of them look for programs coming into your device/network rather than just data leaving (exfiltration.)

If the hackers can change your device's proxy settings they can funnel any data they want to a variety of compromised systems. This makes it easier to evade detection by spreading the outgoing info amongst a bunch of devices rather than seeing a huge spike in traffic to a single destination (which would get noticed by security devices at the edge of the network [where your local network meets the Internet])

And the attacks that do use malware or other programs are being used to attack the security devices at the edges of networks like routers or firewalls. If the hackers get control of those devices they then have full access to your other devices which makes it easier to then hack that gear.

Hopefully this makes things understandable, but you caught me just after lunch and I'm recovering from carb loading. Cool

dmwalsh568

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:13 pm

A little bit of explaining terms:

"zero day exploit" is a vulnerability that the hacker knows about your software, but neither you, nor the manufacturer have discovered.

"software supply chain compromise" could mean they get a copy of the software before the customer, or it could even mean getting their malware inserted before the software is finalized and shipped.

"virtualization software" (I think) this means software to make one computer act like another. For instance, a package called "WINE" makes a Linux computer run Windows software inside of a "virtual" computer.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:28 am

Seems that this article doesn't need Russia or China to take down all or part of our power grid, joe crow 2.0 and his band of clowns will do it:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/greatest-threat-americas-power-grid-what-think

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:19 pm

rick1 wrote:Seems that this article doesn't need Russia or China to take down all or part of our power grid, joe crow 2.0 and his band of clowns will do it:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/greatest-threat-americas-power-grid-what-think
Rick Perry is the author of that article, and I believe he understands the issue, quite well.

Except that he may still be underestimating the evil intent of the Deep State, in this.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2