Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One

4 posters

Go down

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One Empty Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:18 am

A Green Beret’s Guide to EMP: Practical Steps to Prepare for a “Lights Out” Scenario
http://www.askaprepper.com/a-green-berets-guide-to-emp-practical-steps-to-prepare-for-a-lights-out-scenario/

(Snip) This article is going to focus on some basic things we can do to help us prepare beforehand for such a scenario. Almost all of the readers here on askaprepper.com knows about what an EMP is and some basics about it. We are not going to delve into all of the properties of the EMP. For those who haven’t heard of it, an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) is a high-density electrical field that can damage or destroy electronic devices. EMP can affect cars and trucks, computers, electrical appliances, aircraft, power transmission grids, and anything unshielded from it. This can be delivered by a missile or a satellite and would have devastating effects on the U.S. power grid and infrastructure, as mentioned in this citation: ---CONtiNUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One Empty Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:04 am

This is a two-part blog, from Utah Preppers. Good info here:

PART 1:
Preparing for a Nuclear Attack: Some Background
http://www.utahpreppers.com/2008/11/preparing-for-a-nuclear-attack-some-background/

This is the first in a series of posts that will go over preparation for a Nuclear Attack.

Why a series on Nuclear Prep?

Some of you might be up on this stuff but for the most part, when the Cold War went away so did major fear of nukes and as far as I know, a LOT of the information about a potential nuclear attack and how to prep for it and survive it was forgotten. It seems that a lot of people are almost too scared to actually confront the possibility, better to bury their head in the sand and pretend it just won’t happen than to study it and learn how to be prepared for it.   ---CONTINUED---

PART 2:
Preparing for a Nuclear Attack: Determining YOUR Scenario
http://www.utahpreppers.com/2008/11/preparing-for-a-nuclear-attack-determining-your-scenario/

This is the second in a series of posts that will go over preparation for a Nuclear Attack. The first can be found here.

Determining YOUR Scenario

In our opening post we provided some background information on what can be expected in the event of a Nuclear Attack. While one isolated Nuclear Incident by terrorists or some other force is what we can hope for, as preppers we must prepare for the worst possible scenario, a real WTSHTF type of event. For this discussion that means a full scale Nuclear Attack perpetrated by at least one foreign country against us. This scenario means multiple bombs hitting us, potentially in the hundreds. After all, if they’re gonna throw one at us, why not unleash them all and finish the job? That’s what we have to assume we’re prepping for.   ---CONtINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One Empty Re: Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:56 pm

The Best Way to Prepare Your Home for A Nuclear Attack
https://www.askaprepper.com/best-way-prepare-home-nuclear-attack/

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One The-Best-Way-to-Prepare-Your-Home-for-A-Nuclear-Attack-890x395_c  (SNIP) ... unless you live in a major city or right beside a strategic target, it’s definitely worth preparing your home to give it – and you – the best chance of survival. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue May 14, 2019 10:53 am

Nuclear Protection Supplies You Need To Have Ready
https://www.askaprepper.com/nuclear-protection-supplies/

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One Nuclear-Protection-Supplies-pic-890x395_c   If you value preparedness you probably have most of the supplies you’ll need to survive pretty much anything that befalls you. The fact is, while there’s a huge variety of potential disasters most of them will hand you the same problems at a local level – disruption of utilities, a collapsed food supply chain and the breakdown of law and order. If you’re equipped to survive the aftermath of a natural disaster, you’re also equipped to survive a general strike or widespread rioting.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:26 pm

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:30 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:57 pm

Hal Turner is kinda half baked. Unless you are very close to the target, there will be lots of stuff still standing.

I find the first few episodes of the 2006 Jericho TV series to be fairly good representation of how things might go, in the first few days after a nuclear attack. Some things aren't too scientifically accurate, but they are close enough for a training video, so I bought the box set.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jericho_episodes
Significant story arcs in the first season are the immediate aftermath of detonation of the bombs, the resulting isolation of the town, and confrontations between family, friends, bandits, and neighboring towns.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:04 pm

Really enjoyed the Jericho series..

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:32 am

Hat Tip: Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One 3842181738 to 'Dave58', over at EHP-D:

National stockpiles for radiological and nuclear emergencies: policy advice-2023
https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240067875

66 page PDF

Nuclear Attacks-Preparing for One Coverc86882461e464095bc1f59e03ce11a00.tmb-479v   This document describes protocols and practices for ensuring the essential elements of a national stockpile of medical countermeasures for radiation emergencies, particularly of the pharmaceuticals required to treat radiation injuries. It also addresses governance and management of such stockpiles. It supersedes the 2007 WHO report on development of stockpiles for radiation emergencies, and includes updated information on some of the pharmaceutical elements of stockpiles and additional information on medicines recently approved in recent years for clinical management of radiation injuries in several countries. This publication was produced through the collaboration of a global network of experts and partners. We would like to thank them all for their support to WHO’s mission, thereby helping to increase global preparedness for radiological and nuclear emergencies.

Admin

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:54 pm

Dave58 wrote:Really enjoyed the Jericho series..
I consider it to be on par with "One Second After," and the "Collapse Series" by Laurel Scott.

That is, I would like to sit a lot of people down and make them read or view them.  

The Collapse
There are 18 videos, 10 to 15 minutes each, done in a "documentary" format.
It isn't about Nuclear War, the effects are similar, but without the radiation sickness.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTivcf2pK4FUXNVSpGpwNCZ_VduBWy21C
No, I don't get anything from you watching them, other than I really think she did a great job.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down