2021 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Go down

2021 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty 2021 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Started the new thread.

Husband canned a case of spaghetti sauce.

I'm still getting bell peppers and jalapenos from the neighbor's garden. Smile I have tomatoes on the vine from the seeds I planted (very late, as an experiment).

In the store today, a man was buying cases of canned fruit and vegetables. It is possible he was planning to donate to Hurricane relief. Either that, or he was prepping against future food shortages. We've noticed large price spikes in several areas of the grocery aisles.

Sent the kids who were visiting home with cases of our home canned spaghetti and pizza sauce.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021 SEPTEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:28 pm

The neighbor is giving me more produce. I canned 6 quarts of marinara sauce with her fresh tomatoes and bell peppers.

I've been sewing a lot - we have 5 new babies in our family, with 1 on the way, and two different sets of friends have babies on the way.

I've made quilts for all of them, except 1(it's coming!). I'm also making each baby an assortment of burp cloths, pacifier clips, and bibs. Made a throw quilt for my Mom to cheer her up.

I'm sewing adaptive clothing for my sister, who had cancer. She is doing chemo right now and wears a port. I cut T-shirts down the front middle, made a placket, and put snaps all the way down. Also made matching chemo hats and masks (she wears the mask over her N95). Her type of cancer has a 95% survival rate and she is very healthy, so we expect good prognosis in recovery. Prayers are appreciated, though.

Husband has been clearing out our construction waste pile - we put dribs and drabs of construction materials from building the house 13 years ago in a secure place. We've not used any of it because some of it got moisture damage. So out it goes.

My sister shook her head over the state of my deck garden. She took over and re-potted several plants, fertilized, fed, and gave them some tender, loving care. They seem to appreciate her more than me...they're thriving.

We are feeling Autumn in the air...Husband and I are doing some of the early maintenance around the property in anticipation of colder weather.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down