2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

3 posters

Go down

2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty 2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:25 pm

Started the new thread...

Husband and I didn't prep anything except our vacation. We went to Yellowstone National Park for the first week of September.

The new dog had severe separation anxiety, despite my sister caring for both dogs. Dog chewed up a variety of things in the house, nothing that can't be replaced. Despite her size, she's still a puppy. Both dogs were thrilled to see us when we got back last night. We've played, ran around the backyard, and had lots of fun since we've been home. She has decided she doesn't have to give the tennis ball back when we play, which led to me not playing...she's not certain what to do. She'll learn. Smile

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Started the new thread...

Husband and I didn't prep anything except our vacation. We went to Yellowstone National Park for the first week of September.
That sounds like a worthwhile endeavor.
Things are good, right now, meaning this is the time to get those vacations, and, in my case, go see family in other states. (I went, in July)

The new dog had severe separation anxiety, despite my sister caring for both dogs. Dog chewed up a variety of things in the house, nothing that can't be replaced. Despite her size, she's still a puppy. Both dogs were thrilled to see us when we got back last night. We've played, ran around the backyard, and had lots of fun since we've been home. She has decided she doesn't have to give the tennis ball back when we play, which led to me not playing...she's not certain what to do. She'll learn. Smile
A favorite game, for many puppies is: take something the "alpha" wants, and get them to chase me everywhere. I saw that with one of my wife's puppies, who ran off with a shampoo bottle. She asked why I didn't help chase him down and I told her she should have seen the delighted look on that dog's face, with her chasing him!"

TRex2

Back to top Go down

2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2022 September - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:37 pm

In the past three months, I drew down some of my longer term food storage (3 to five years). This month I have begun to replace all of that, with fresher stock.

I have found it is harder than it looks, to keep supplies in balance: the right amount of each item.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:23 am

TRex,

I will be doing this also. With Husband's kidney issues, his diet has changed drastically. There are some things in the LTS we will no longer be able to eat. I plan to cull those things and pass them on to a local family in need. I will keep some for visitors of course, but it is time to do inventory anyway.

Yesterday was grocery shopping and yard sales days. I got 8 yards of flannel, some sheets to make aprons, and probably $100 in assorted laces for $16 total!!!

I also commissioned new cabinets for my laundry room. I bought the current ones for $30 on sale sixteen years ago with the intent of changing them out when I got around to it. Well, it's time. The cabinets are finished, and will be installed this week.

We are now scheduled to be a part of our local farmer's market and swap meet. My plan is to sell some small sewn and quilted projects. My sister plans to sell baked goods. For the next month I'll be sewing like crazy to get things ready. We shall see if it is worth it.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:06 pm

Yesterday was grocery and yard sale day. I found some more sheets for $3 to make into aprons for our upcoming swap meet.

Last night and today I've been sewing more things for the swap meet, and I also made myself a new terrycloth towel pillowcase. One of my kids has sensory issues and I made one for them, and tried it out, loved it, so now I make one for me periodically when the old one gets worn. I just buy 2 cheap towels from Walmart, cut to size and sew them together.

The new cabinets are up and they're massive! I'm so glad I decided to do this. Much more storage because the carpenter took them all the way to the ceiling. We can now store paper goods up there! YAY. Husband is currently painting them. In the living spaces we leave everything natural wood, but in the bathrooms and laundry room, we paint with KILZ to seal out humidity and moisture in those rooms.

Our carpenter friend is a prepper, and turns out, his helper, who just moved to our neighborhood during the lockdown, and whom I just met, is also a prepper. We talked about his efforts and things he wants to do, and I think seeing our place gave him incentive to do more. An aside...no matter where he goes, even around the corner to help us out, he brings his go-bag.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:11 pm

Spent the entire day dealing with my potted garden on the back deck. Pruned all the trees - orange, lemon, banana, and avocado. Re-potted some of the ones that had outgrown their pots. Moved the olive tree, lime tree, basil, oregano, both mints, chives, onions, pepper, and vanilla into the room they'll be staying in for the winter.

The elderberry, blueberry, and the remaining cherry tomato were pretty peaked, so I pruned and watered them, and will give them this week to grow or not. Here's hoping they make it!

The others will stay on the back porch until I can get a new plastic mat. The old one is being used elsewhere, so I want a new one so the trees can be placed in the room and I don't have to worry about them leaking on the rug.

Husband spent the last two days painting the new cabinets. Looking forward to more storage.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Still canning things. Wife did 18 quarts of ham & bean soup today and strawberry/rhubarb jelly yesterday

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down