2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

4 posters

Go down

2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty 2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Started the new thread.

Husband canned 12 quarts of fagioli soup and 12 quarts of vegetable beef soup last week. We've already given out a couple quarts to neighbors. Good barter/trade item. Smile Husband is now mowing to mulch the leaves, about every other week or so.

I've been sewing lots of Christmas gifts. I have to start early so everything is done on time. I also got some candle making supplies. I will also make some lip balms and salves. If I have time, I'll probably make some hickory syrup and candy, too.

My Dad is back in the hospital, it looks as if he's winding down. He has stated he had a good life, done stuff some people only thought about, and he doesn't want heroic measures. The family is informed, and all those who need to get time off from work have put in for leave. We are praying for a peaceful transition.

I cleaned and prepped the heated outdoor cat houses, but the cats seem to want to be inside. All four, even the feral female, have decided to come in. It's dropping to the 20s tonight, maybe they know and are prepping, too. Smile
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:25 pm

Cin, sorry about your Dad, prayers are on the way.

Back to top Go down

2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021 - NOVEMBER - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Thank you Rick.

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Cinnamon wrote:...
My Dad is back in the hospital, it looks as if he's winding down. He has stated he had a good life, done stuff some people only thought about, and he doesn't want heroic measures. The family is informed, and all those who need to get time off from work have put in for leave. We are praying for a peaceful transition.
Your Dad will be in my prayers, tonight.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

I lost mine 12yrs ago I was with him at the hospital when he was dying he told me to leave because he had something he had to do and somewhere he needed to be ..

If its any help at all I can still feel him most days....

May the Lord be with you and your family....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks, Dave and TRex.

He's back home now, but he's sleeping a lot and is eating and drinking a little. Beyond that, we can only pray for peace.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Seems I'm falling behind, haven't posedt here in a couple of months, so here we go:

All the corn has been cut, chopped and put away for winter.

Got a 3rd cut of hay, gave it to the neighbor (free), he was a little short.

Had 3 beef butchered, kept one for us and the kids that live local. Made some good money off them.

3 of the grandkids placed 1st place at the grange fair for produce and baking.

Purchased 4 new marine deep cycle batteries for the garage, the old ones were 6 years old.

Also purchased 4 lithium iron phosphate batteries, boy are those expensive, $400.00 each, these will replace the AGM batteries in the house.

Purchased 2 more 200 watt solar panels, along with one more 1500/2500 watt pure sine wave power inverter.

All ready for winter, power outage, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:27 am

I know this is the wrong time of the year for this but we tried to grow Rhubarb this year and the stalks never turned red so we didn't pick any to eat.... We let it go and now it looks like something from Jurassic Park the hard frost we had didn't even kill it....

Do i need to just let it die out this winter or do I need to cut it back and cover it with straw for the winter ??

It is Victoria rhubarb and this is the 2nd year.....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:19 am

Dave58 wrote:I know this is the wrong time of the year for this but we tried to grow Rhubarb this year and the stalks never turned red so we didn't pick any to eat.... We let it go and now it looks like something from Jurassic Park the hard frost we had didn't even kill it....

Do i need to just let it die out this winter or do I need to cut it back and cover it with straw for the winter ??

Dave, we've have always cut ours back in late fall, BUT, you don't have too, the foliage will fall off itself.

We also don't cover with mulch or anything else, we just let it go naturally. We do put a little cow poop around it before winter.

Here's a good link about rhubarb:

https://www.rhubarb-central.com/plant-care.html

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:56 am

rick1 wrote:
Dave58 wrote:I know this is the wrong time of the year for this but we tried to grow Rhubarb this year and the stalks never turned red so we didn't pick any to eat.... We let it go and now it looks like something from Jurassic Park the hard frost we had didn't even kill it....

Dave, we've have always cut ours back in late fall, BUT, you don't have too, the foliage will fall off itself.

We also don't cover with mulch or anything else, we just let it go naturally. We do put a little cow poop around it before winter.

Here's a good link about rhubarb:

https://www.rhubarb-central.com/plant-care.html

Thank you brother

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:44 am

After 18 yrs my wifes cancer came back..

Any prayers would be great

Its going to be a long winter.........

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:43 pm

Dave58 wrote:After 18 yrs my wifes cancer came back..

On their way brother.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:08 am

Wife and I made 8lb of sausage.. Vaccum sealed and in the freezer....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Dave58 wrote:After 18 yrs my wifes cancer came back..

More prayers that your wife, and your self, find comfort in God's provision, on the road ahead.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down