2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

4 posters

Go down

2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty 2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Started the new thread way late! I'm so sorry.

My Dad has been in and out of the hospital for the last 4 weeks. He now has a whole new drug regimen, and some home health aides dropping by. Seems to be doing better. At this point, the doctors are doing what they can to make him comfortable, and are hoping the new regimen will help him establish a better quality of life for the time he has left.

My sister finished her chemo treatments, now we start 5 weeks of daily radiation treatments an hour's drive away. I will be busy for the next few weeks, as I am designated driver for my sister's treatments.

I had just enough time in between the chaos to make 5 human Christmas stockings, 8 dog Christmas stockings, 22 dog bandannas, some bowl cozies, a vest, and part of a table runner. The table runner and a patchwork coat will have to be finished later.

Some of the kids and a family friend dropped in for an early Christmas with us (they have to go to in-laws on the actual date). We had a wonderful time, and threw a birthday party in for the 6 year old grand-niece, too! Oh, and a mini-baby shower for another niece.

Husband canned MORE spaghetti, as one of the kids returned a case of empty jars and asked for them to be filled. Smile He also canned some soups and stews.

I've been sewing and selling a lot - mostly the bowl cozies. Except for expenses, I'm giving the money to my sister to help pay her medical costs.

Husband changed the light fixtures in our well-house, they were infested with some insect debris, and some wires were a little corroded, so he felt it best to get that done before winter really sets in.

In between all the excitement, I had 2 cavities filled and a new crown put in. Sigh...$$$$. One cavity was under a crown! Wasn't even aware that could happen.

We still have more company coming towards the end of the year, too.

If I don't get back on here for a few days, Y'all have a very Merry Christmas!

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's cancer. I will pray that her treatment is as successful as my sister's has been. They have amazing drugs now, different than when my MIL had cancer 30 years ago!

Tell Mrs. Dave to stay strong and there are lots of people here who care about and will pray for her daily.

Blessings to all who are experiencing troubling things, too.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2021 DECEMBER - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Dave58 Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:29 am

Cinnamon wrote:Dave,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's cancer. I will pray that her treatment is as successful as my sister's has been. They have amazing drugs now, different than when my MIL had cancer 30 years ago!

Tell Mrs. Dave to stay strong and there are lots of people here who care about and will pray for her daily.

Blessings to all who are experiencing troubling things, too.

Thank you

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:03 am

We've had a rash of unexpected happenings, including a flat tire, a bobcat spotting, my sister's oldest dog passing away, another cord and half of wood arriving (to be stacked), and life in general.

On a good note, my sister finished her chemo, and starts radiation next week.

My Dad has been moved into Hospice home care. He actually seems to be doing better, I suppose more at ease in familiar surroundings.

We celebrated one Christmas with one set of kids, and will celebrate another Christmas after Christmas. Some of the working kids couldn't get time off right at the holiday.

If I get busy - you all have a very Merry Christmas and we will pray together for the New Year to be joyous and happy for all!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:43 am

It's been awhile since I've posted anything on this subject.

6 of the grandkids got their deer, meat flying all over the place. Had some (3) cows butchered. Ran all the generators, a little maintenance on them too.

Invested in and built a portable solar generator, works like a champ, half to 1/3 the price of the high class ones you buy. Used 2 100 amp, lithium iron phosphate batteries (expensive), but you can drain them down to zero charge left while lead acid/AGM batteries can only be drained 50%.

Taste tested all the wife's cookies, nut rolls, poppy seed rolls, etc., they all past the taste test.

EVERYBODY HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS Christmas-Lights  AND A NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:20 am

Merry Christmas folks God Bless

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:20 pm

Merry Christmas, Dave and Mrs. Dave and family. I pray the new year brings you good health, and happiness. Blessings. (Still praying daily for Mrs. Dave).
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Rick,

Interested in the solar generator you built. Do you have a tutorial or instructions on how to do it? Thanks!
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Rick,

Interested in the solar generator you built. Do you have a tutorial or instructions on how to do it? Thanks!

Cin, I'll send you a PM with what I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Cinnamon wrote:Merry Christmas, Dave and Mrs. Dave and family. I pray the new year brings you good health, and happiness. Blessings. (Still praying daily for Mrs. Dave).

Thank you very much

God bless you and your family

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:36 pm

This is more of a quarterly report for me, since I work a bit slower than most of y'all. (Will try to do this every third month from now on.)

Over the past year, a rebuilt my stores into a tiered system, that I call "Larders," one for 2022, one for 2023, etc, based on when I expect to eat the food in that "larder." I will discuss the system more, in my "personal thread."

This month, I began breaking down the one for 2022, and putting what is in it into my working pantries. My wife and I were down with colds, most of this month, so I am a little behind, and should finish it within the next two weeks.

I have also been "topping off" my 2024 larder and began filling my 2025 larder.

I changed the format for my SitRep (world situation and threats) report, that I send to people who don't have time to track things on their own. Due to the higher threat levels we will face, beginning next year, it will begin coming out every two weeks. As above, I will discuss that more on my "personal thread."

TRex - Observer of Mankind.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:58 am

Husband and I are spending time evaluating our stores, needs, and wants, too. We're changing up some things, moving other things around, and adding new things to our routine and our long term storage.

Still canning "meals" - spaghetti, soups, stews, and some chili. These are meant to be shared if the need arises.

I am working on building a comprehensive herbals/supplements/medical supplies cabinet for emergencies. I've always had a comprehensive first aid kit, but never really thought much about chronic and palliative care.

I'm reading on various supplements that help with chronic conditions, and am trying to find alternatives to my family members' issues should the need arise and their prescription drugs are no longer available or affordable.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down