2023 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Go down

2023 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty 2023 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:51 am

Haven't been around in a few weeks. Sorry about that.

Husband had a lot of doctor's appointments to wrap up so he can be put on the transplant list for a kidney, if he ever needs one. Right now, he is stable and the numbers are staying up. He doesn't need dialysis yet, either.

We have been fixing up the place for Spring/Summer and the family reunion in August. We hired a neighbor to do the bigger jobs. He asked if he could trade work for some of Husband's tools. Since Husband hasn't used a lot of the stuff in years (since we built the house), it is a good trade. The neighbor has patched the spots in the ceiling where the roof leaked after the hailstorm a few years ago. A new metal roof stopped that action. Because of all the medical issues the last few years, we never got around to repairing the inside damage. Neighbor will also be painting all the ceilings in the house in the next few weeks.

I have been exchanging sewing skills for different things. This week I traded making cushion covers for haircuts for my Mom, sister, and myself. That neighbor provided some old curtains to re-make into the cushion covers.

We bought 4 cords of wood last year to get us through this winter...despite extreme cold, we've not had a lot of snow or ice (thank God!), so we still have about 2 1/2 cords left. Because it's seasoned, it will burn too fast to use next year. We'll probably burn it in the firepit during the family reunion when everyone wants to sit around a camp fire.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down