2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

3 posters

Go down

2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty 2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Wed May 01, 2024 6:26 am

Started the new thread.

Of course, I posted the happenings yesterday.

Husband is working on a stealth garden plot, and plans to transplant native plants to the area. We shall see whether they grow or not. I've tried before and everything died.

The plantain that grows all over our place is flourishing with all this rain. I plan to get out and harvest some in the near future for my tinctures and salves. I've also discovered that wood sorrel and dead nettle grow here, too. I'm trying to learn natural remedies just because I think they're better for us. Visiting a doctor has it's place, of course, but I'm for doing it the slower, natural way if I can.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by TRex2 Wed May 01, 2024 4:49 pm

Cinnamon wrote:...
Husband is working on a stealth garden plot, ...
... Stealth? garden ...

TRex2

Back to top Go down

2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2024 - MAY - What Did You Do To Prep This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Fri May 03, 2024 8:23 am

A stealth garden is one planted in the woods or the brush that looks as if it's part of the native landscape. The best way to do it is to plant native plants so it all looks natural...but it's actually a food source.

We already have wild asparagus, Jerusalem artichokes, cattails, chicory, wild lettuce, wild blackberries, alfalfa, wild parsley, wild garlic, yarrow, walnut trees, hickory trees and more growing in the ditches on the sides of the road.

Husband wants to transplant and move some closer to our woods. It would be a food source that most people wouldn't recognize as food.

Although not native, I'd also like to plant bamboo.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon May 06, 2024 9:17 am

Cinnamon wrote:Although not native, I'd also like to plant bamboo.

Be very careful to contain the bamboo in some way as it is well known to be a problem spreader

https://www.homesandgardens.com/gardens/how-to-stop-bamboo-from-spreading

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down