2024 - February - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Go down

2024 - February - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty 2024 - February - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:59 pm

Yes, I've been AWOL - sorry. A lot of stuff going on here (mostly good) , and snow, ice, and all that. Hoping it's past us now, but I have my doubts.

The new dog digs under the fence and gets out, and taught our big dog to do it too. For the past two weeks as we've been working on installing cattle panels to alleviate the problem. We have a large backyard, and it's been tedious with the cold weather. We're almost done, though, so YAY! Our high energy dog loves having a playmate that can keep up with her, so that's good, too.

I'm still working on the quilt for a family member, with another one in the works.

Husband will be teaching our neighbor how to make sausage. We gave them some samples and they liked it so much, they want to make their own.

We also found a new-to-us butcher, with access to local meats and goods. I bought 10 pounds of grass-fed local hamburger for $3 a pound! That's a good price here. Once I get the freezer emptied, I plan to stock up on more meats for the next year.

I got a cage for the garden - found a chicken cage online 10' x 20'. I already have the 10' x 10' dog cage we used last year, so we are planning a bigger garden now. We'll be taking out the raised beds and using the cement blocks around the bottom of the cage. Can't hardly wait for warmer weather.

How's everyone else doing?

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down