2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

4 posters

Go down

2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty 2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Cinnamon Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:19 pm

This is getting to be a habit. Started the new thread 12 days late.

With driving 120 miles daily for my sister's radiation, not much is getting done around the Cin/Husband homestead.

We thought we had a broken catalytic converter in the wood stove, it just needed to be cleaned. Still, got the chimney cleaned again while we were at it. We have discovered to that keeping converter cleaned out at least once a month means optimal operating condition. We let the stove go out for 24 hours and then vacuum all the built up ash out. Works like a charm. FYI, it is a Blaze King Princess. Funny thing is, I ordered 4 cords of wood this year...we've barely burned through 1. We can burn it next year though.

The big snow has come and gone, we expect a light dusting next week. Hoping that's the end of winter snow/ice. I don't mind cold but I hate that ice!

Thinking about warm spring days and the garden...

Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by Dave58 Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:15 pm

Scored we got 50lb of carrots for $19.00 so I will be canning carrots next week....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month? Empty Re: 2022 - FEBRUARY - What Did You Do To Prepare This Week/Month?

Post by dmwalsh568 Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:58 am

When the ball went up in Ukraine I made a circuit of my usual stores to top off items, swung by the ATM to grab a bit more cash, then started doing some last minute laundry. Wasn't sure if/when the grid or the banking system would come under cyberattack and wanted to be as topped off as possible.

Just now catching up with non-war news and forums.

Here's hoping things don't get out of control....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNAid29vv8

dmwalsh568

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:17 pm

It's been a couple of months since I've done an update for me. So here ya go:

We lost power 3 times since I last posted, 25 hours was the longest, I just plugged in the refrigerator, lights, TV and computer into my portable solar generator I built, worked fine.

Built another portable solar generator, this one was for the daughter and son in law. He loves the heck out of it, the only thing is, I'LL NEVER SEE ANY MONEY FOR IT........ Laughing

On some (very few) of the nice sunny days, I hauled a bunch of firewood down to the house and stacked it.

Bought a second UTV, 650cc, side by side. It's a 2006 artic cat with a plow, only has 978 miles on it. The grandkids already put another 100 miles on it.

Stocked up on 5 cases of knorr's rice meals, 2 cases of baked beans, 96 cans of tuna, 2 cases of freeze dried beef burger, 2 cases of freeze dried chicken, 3 cases of powdered milk. There are some more stuff I got but can't remember it all.

Went to walmart for a few items and I check to see if they had any canning stuff, their shelf was full of ball canning lids, but no jars.

Got a couple hundred more ounces of silver back in January, glad I did, silver has been going up ever since, it's up to 25.80/ounce so far today.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:06 pm

I wasn't near that busy...

We canned 50lbs of carrots and made 35 lb of sausage...
I am rebuilding a carburetor on a garden tiller we bought at a auction

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down