Home Remedies

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Home Remedies - Page 2 Empty Re: Home Remedies

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:29 am

How to Use Herbs and Make Your Own Cold Medicines at Home
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-use-herbs-and-make-your-own-cold-medicines-at-home/

Home Remedies - Page 2 How-to-Use-Herbs-and-Make-Your-Own-Cold-Medicines-at-Home-890x395_c (SNIP) ... And most of the useful commercial treatments have disappeared from the store shelves. For example, I used excellent echinacea and zinc throat lozenges that worked like a charm. I can’t find them anymore. I can buy echinacea lozenges or zinc lozenges, but not the combination. ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 am

50 Lost Remedies from The Old Days
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/lost-remedies/

Home Remedies - Page 2 50-lost-remedies-from-the-old-days-pin-1   (SNIP) ... Our forefathers and foremothers used plants, common sense, and a little know-how to ease all types of pain and discomfort. In many cases, these treatments worked as well or better than the medications we purchase today. Plus, they worked without the risk of added chemicals and preservatives.

What’s another side benefit? Many of these items are readily on hand in your pantry. Here are some lost remedies from the old days for 13 common ailments.  ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 pm

Some home remedies I've learned over the years:

To treat a boil: Mash a regular aspirin in a small dab of petroleum jelly. Cover the boil with mixture and a guaze pad, change bandage each day for three days. Boil should subside after third day.

To ease an upset stomach: Cut a nickel sized piece of ginger off the root, peel, and drop in a a cup of water. Microwave for 2 minutes and then sip until gone. If you have GERD and do this twice daily, you may find after a few months the symptoms will completely disappear. Ginger heals all the way down.

Congested sinuses: 1 menthol/eucalyptus cough drop or a spoonful of vapor rub, 1 teaspoon sage, and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. Fill a pan with water and dump ingredients in. Bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, remove from burner, wait one minute, then place on a hot pad on the table. Pull up a chair, put a large towel over your head and the pan, and inhale for 20 minutes. Don't get too close to the pan, the steam will burn your nasal passages.

Swimmer's ear: equal parts of vinegar and alcohol. Put 3-6 drops in each affected ear until the ear feels better.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV or the internet. Just had an old country doctor as a child and he believed in herbal and holistic remedies.

Cinnamon

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 am

13 Elderberry Recipes to Boost Your Immune System
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/elderberry-recipes-to-boost-your-immune-system/

Home Remedies - Page 2 Ngcb11 (SNIP) Elderberries have been part of traditional medicine for centuries. Hippocrates, often called the “Father of Medicine,” even referred to the elder tree as his “medicine chest.”

(SNIP) ... Let’s look at the elderberry, its health benefits, and some tasty, immune-boosting elderberry recipes you can make at home.
What are Elderberries? ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:02 pm

Feverfew for Migraines: A Multipurpose Medicinal Herb
https://104homestead.com/feverfew-for-migraines/

Home Remedies - Page 2 Feverfew-for-migraines1   Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) is a member of the daisy family and it makes a wonderful addition to your herbal garden. Not only is is a beautiful plant with tiny white petals and a great big yellow center, it’s great for migraine sufferers. Migraine and headache relief is it’s most common medicinal use, but if offers so much more.   ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 am

I want to spend more time delving into herbal remedies. I am working on building an herbal medicine cabinet with the intent to grow more of my own herbs and make my own medicine.

Cinnamon

Violet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:25 am

How To Make Turmeric Powder For Treating Inflammation When SHTF
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-turmeric-powder-for-treating-inflammation-when-shtf/

Home Remedies - Page 2 How-To-Make-Turmeric-Powder-For-Treating-Inflammation-When-SHTF-0-750x375   Turmeric, or Curcuma longa, is a member of the ginger family, native to South-East Asia. It forms large rhizomes which are harvested for their use in cooking and traditional medicine.

As well as lending an attractive yellow color to dishes, turmeric is used for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.   ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:37 am

How to Make Your Own Turmeric Drops
https://www.askaprepper.com/make-turmeric-drops/

Home Remedies - Page 2 DIY-Turmeric-Drops-2   Turmeric has taken over the spotlight in the last few years as a spice or supplement with super powers.

(SNIP) ... The downside is that the taste of turmeric on its own can cause many people to avoid taking it. When used in cooking, it may lose some of its beneficial properties. It needs to be combined with a carrier as well as something like quercetin to gain the most rewards from its use. ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:43 am

9 Free Alternatives to Pain Meds
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/free-alternatives-to-pain-meds/

Home Remedies - Page 2 19-free-alternatives-to-pain-meds-pin-1   (SNIP) ...If you’re looking to learn a bit of free and natural sources of pain relief, keep reading. You might be able to manage your everyday aches and pains from your own kitchen or backyard for free with these natural resources for pain relief. ---CONTINUED---

ReadyMom
Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:19 am

5 Natural Painkillers To Use Instead Of Opiates
https://www.askaprepper.com/5-natural-painkillers-to-use-instead-of-opiates/

Home Remedies - Page 2 5-Natural-Painkillers-To-Use-Instead-Of-Opiates-0-750x375   Coping with chronic pain can be exhausting, and prescription painkillers may not be available during a survival situation.

Thankfully, there are alternatives out there that can help you manage pain. These options may be much easier to get your hands on should the system collapse or some other event prevent you from seeing your regular practitioner. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:14 pm

Is there a substitute for turmeric? It makes both my sister and myself nauseous, even in small doses (and even when we didn't realize turmeric was in the food).
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:54 am

How To Make A Pain-Relieving Willow Bark Tincture
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-a-pain-relieving-willow-bark-tincture/

Home Remedies - Page 2 How-to-Make-A-Willow-Tincture-01-750x375   Willow tree bark tincture is a pain reliever that’s easy to make. As the main ingredient found in aspirin, the inner pith of willow bark is nature’s great analgesic.

(SNIP) ... Tinctures are incredibly simple. First, gather an herb and dry it out as best you can. Harvesting plants in the great outdoors is super easy, ...   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun May 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Some home made remedies for the spring allergies:

https://draxe.com/health/8-natural-allergy-relief-remedies/-

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinnamon Sun May 21, 2023 7:02 pm

The past two weeks the plantain started growing like mad.

I've made two batches of salve. 1-2 cups fresh cut up plantain leaves, 2 tablespoons calendula, 2 tablespoons comfrey (roots, leaves, or both), 2 cups olive or avocado oil, 2 cups coconut oil. Bring to a gentle boil and then simmer for 2 hours. Strain the leaves out and return the liquid to the pan. Heat through just enough to melt 4 tablespoons grated beeswax, and stir until dissolved. Pour into sterilized jars and cap.

Good for insect stings/bites, itching, and some neuropathy pain. at least that's what everyone around here is using it for. Smile
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2