Budget Food Prepping

4 posters

Go down

Budget Food Prepping Empty Budget Food Prepping

Post by Cinnamon Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Here are two links to the $5 a week pantry prepping challenge:

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/prepping-on-the-cheap-the-5-a-week-shopping-challenge_07102012

https://besurvival.com/guides/survival-preps-for-just-5-a-week-anyone-can-afford-to-prepare

This image is of a year's supply of very basic food for one person - salt, grains, legumes, sugar, oil powdered milk.

Budget Food Prepping 1year-food

Although basic - it is a good start.
Cinnamon
Cinnamon

Back to top Go down

Budget Food Prepping Empty How to Build Your Food Storage On Only $5 a Week

Post by ReadyMom Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 pm

This was 8 years ago! I wonder what the new prices would be now!

How to Build Your Food Storage On Only $5 a Week
http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-build-your-food-storage-for-only-5-a-week.htm

by Tactical Intelligence on February 19th, 2010

Think you can't handle the price of food storage? Think again.

I was over at LDSPreppers today and found a great post in the forums by 'AZPrepper' He basically came up with a list of $5 food items that you can purchase each week for a year to build up your food storage for you and someone else.
Although he mentions that some of the food costs may have changed, the general concept and estimate should still be worth your while.

Here's the list of what to buy each week: ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Budget Food Prepping Empty Re: Budget Food Prepping

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 am

If you can be flexible on the timing of your purchases, shopping the sales at local supermarkets is the key to value prepping. If you're on a super tight budget, set aside some cash each week while you're waiting for a sale then grab the bargain when available. Usually at least one item each week at my local supermarket is a loss-leader used to get people into the store. I make the stores sorry because I have no problem going into the store just for that item and getting nothing else. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 pm

ReadyMom wrote:This was 8 years ago! I wonder what the new prices would be now!

How to Build Your Food Storage On Only $5 a Week
http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-build-your-food-storage-for-only-5-a-week.htm

by Tactical Intelligence on February 19th, 2010

Think you can't handle the price of food storage? Think again.

I was over at LDSPreppers today and found a great post in the forums by 'AZPrepper' He basically came up with a list of $5 food items that you can purchase each week for a year to build up your food storage for you and someone else.
Although he mentions that some of the food costs may have changed, the general concept and estimate should still be worth your while.

Here's the list of what to buy each week:   ---CONTINUED---

That's a good list, many years ago, too many to count, that's how we started, a little at a time.

And like dmwalsh stated, we have always used coupons and still do. I get a $5.00 off coupon every week from dollar general, spend $25.00 and get $5.00 off, that's 20% off. A lot of our items come from dollar general.

Back to top Go down

Budget Food Prepping Empty Food-$ week

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:02 am

DIY $20 Survival Food Bucket
https://www.askaprepper.com/diy-20-survival-food-bucket/

Budget Food Prepping 20-Survival-Food-Bucket-890x395_c   If you’re just getting started with your food preps, a home made $20 emergency food bucket is a great way to put up a lot of food quickly without spending a lot of money.  Pre-made bucket kits can sell for as much as $200 online, and with a little bit of time and forethought you can build one yourself for a tenth the cost.

A single 5 gallon bucket can hold a months worth of food for one person.  Imagine a a months worth of food security, shelf stable for 25 to 30 years, all with only a small investment in time, money and space.  Easy enough.  Here’s how to get started.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Build an Emergency Food Stockpile for Under $100
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/build-emergency-food-stockpile/

Budget Food Prepping Ngcb1 If you are already on a tight food budget, you may be wondering how you will be able to manage the cost of building an emergency stockpile. With some planning, patience, and perseverance, you can start your pantry for just $100.

We hope to help you with the planning part by providing this list. The patience and perseverance parts come from shopping for sales on non-perishable items and rotating out items with new items as needed. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:53 am

Cheapest Foods that You Can Stockpile
https://www.askaprepper.com/cheapest-foods-that-you-can-stockpile/

Budget Food Prepping Cheapest-Foods-that-You-Can-Stockpile-Cover-1-890x395_c Anyone who has even thought about prepping quickly came to realize that it’s not a hobby for the faint of heart. One look at what it costs to build a stockpile is all it takes to send many potential preppers packing. I personally know quite a few people who have expressed interest in prepping, but haven’t started. Their reason, in every case, is not having the money to do it.

(SNIP) ... Keep in mind that we’re talking about a survival diet here, not a normal everyday one. It’s intention is to keep you alive, hopefully while providing enough nutrients that you can continue to function. It’s probably not going to be the foods you like or provide convenient foods to eat; but it will put calories in your belly, so that your body can keep on going. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down