Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

China Concerns - Page 3 Empty Re: China Concerns

Post by Dave58 Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:47 am

While his stepping down is generally seen as good, we don't know what the person taking his place will be like.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:39 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:37 am

If you read up on various issues surrounding free speech, you will find they are losing their liberty, even faster than the Woke-istan portions of the US.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/despite-what-you-may-think-canadians-dont-actually-have-freedom-of-speech
During the events of Freedom Convoy, it was common to hear protesters say that they were standing up for the rights of free speech or free expression. And Canada does indeed pride itself as a land of free speech … to a point. Unlike the Americans, there are a number of ways that you can go to jail in Canada simply because of something you said. To learn more, watch the Everything Should Be Better video or read the transcript below.

They have put pastors in jail for speaking against Islam.
They have put pastors in jail for speaking against LGBTqxyz.
They have put pastors in jail for holding services during Covid lockdown.
They have put at least one pastor in jail for speaking at a trucker rally ...

Many years ago, they put a gag order on the press, not to talk about a case before the criminal courts, and then told the newspapers they couldn't talk about the gag order. (Lasted until about 3 months after the trial concluded, never officially ended, but they quit enforcing it.)

Then, there is the right to keep and bear arms, which the government has taken from them.

I suspect a lot of their other rights are limited, as well.

All in all, I don't think they see China as all that bad.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:08 am

Our government really needs an overhaul. Need to learn to make this stuff here.......

https://thechinaproject.com/2023/06/07/u-s-drug-shortages-highlight-dependence-on-china-gray-supply-chains/

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:03 pm

It looks like china is establishing a base on Cuba now.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:03 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:It looks like china is establishing a base on Cuba now.
Yep. And it looks like China Joe's Administration may be covering for them.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/06/09/china-cuba-spy-base-trump-indictment-ukraine-counteroffensive-begins/
The Wall Street Journal reports that Cuba has made a secret pact to allow China to establish an electronic eavesdropping facility focused on collecting signals intelligence from the United States on the island. That would mean Chinese intelligence could monitor emails, phone calls, satellite transmissions, and shipping traffic along the southeastern United States from a location roughly 100 miles off Florida’s coastline, potentially enabling Beijing to obtain intelligence from top U.S. military bases...
The base’s exact location and when it may be built are still unknown, but sources familiar told the Journal that China paid Cuba several billion dollars to construct the planned facility. The U.S. Defense Department and Cuban Vice Foreign Minister Carlos Fernández de Cossio both denied the report’s accuracy, with Fernández de Cossio calling the report “totally mendacious and unfounded information.” Beijing did not directly address the allegations, saying it was “not aware” of the situation and then accusing the United States of “spreading rumors.” Several other media outlets, including CNN, have since corroborated the Journal’s initial reporting. The top Democrat and Republican on the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee issued a joint statement on Thursday, saying they are “deeply disturbed” by the reports and calling on the Biden administration “to take steps to prevent this serious threat to our national security and sovereignty.”

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:09 am

Dave58 wrote:Our government really needs an overhaul. Need to learn to make this stuff here.......
https://thechinaproject.com/2023/06/07/u-s-drug-shortages-highlight-dependence-on-china-gray-supply-chains/
You are right.

From your link:
The FDA’s emergency import of medicine from China shows just how reliant America has become on Chinese manufacturers of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for a range of products from cancer therapeutics and antibiotics, to the ingredients in the Adderall used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

The FDA official’s reluctance to share details of the emergency imports highlights how hard it has been for the U.S. to manufacture critical drugs at home at a time when lawmakers in Washington are concerned about China weaponizing its pharmaceutical manufacturing advantage by cutting off supplies.

“We’ve seen young moms frantically calling from pharmacy to pharmacy this past winter, even now, to get basic antibiotics for their child,” Charles Tabouchirani, a pharmacist in New York City told The China Project.

The current shortages are among the worst Tabouchirani has seen since opening Cherry’s Pharmacy on Manhattan’s Upper East Side in 2004.
Trump tried to apply pressure towards fixing this.
I think that is one reason the Deep State attacked him.

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:36 pm

I can't access the WSJ, but this might be a very similar article.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4049186-blinken-heading-to-china-for-high-stakes-meeting-amid-tensions-with-beijing/
Secretary of State Antony Blinken will travel to Beijing this week to meet with Chinese officials to discuss the importance of maintaining open lines of communication that the Biden administration says are necessary to prevent a crisis from spiraling into conflict.

Blinken spoke with China’s foreign minister, Qin Gang, early Wednesday ahead of the top U.S. diplomat’s trip, which will take place June 18 and 19. The visit was rescheduled after being postponed in February in the wake of the discovery of a Chinese spy balloon flying over the U.S. that was later shot down.
The two top diplomats also “addressed a range of bilateral and global issues, and made clear the U.S. would continue to use diplomatic engagements to raise areas of concern as well as areas of potential cooperation,” Miller added.

The Biden administration has pushed to establish communication channels with Beijing as relations between the two global powers are at their lowest point. Ties have been strained amid intense competition for global influence and upended by a series of crises, including near-miss military confrontations in the South China Sea and Taiwan Strait, the spy balloon incident and revelations last week that China has been spying on the U.S. from Cuba for years.
Most of this is just theater, as Biden is deep in China's pocket (by way of his and Hunter's money making and laundering schemes).  The reason "relations ... at their lowest point" is that our public found out what has been going on.

I still do not expect a hot war between US and China, this year. China has been telling the world that it is preparing, and will be ready in 2027. I would say half that long, in 2025. I do not expect the US to win.  Nor do I expect the Chinese Army to invade the US, but I suspect that, once our Navy has been decimated, we will find ourselves in a very unhappy condition, basically paying taxes to Beijing (and other hostile countries), just for the right to ship goods on the open ocean.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:40 am

Dave58

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:42 am

As soon as we sanction china for Taiwan, they will retaliate by dumping their US Treasury holdings which will have dire consequences for our economy.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:11 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:As soon as we sanction china for Taiwan, they will retaliate by dumping their US Treasury holdings which will have dire consequences for our economy.

I don't know Dave, we just might see the beginning of what's to come. Drink is right, they dump the treasury holding, the U.S. will see a greater depression then my parents saw.

I don't trust anything China said to Blinken when they met. But, I don't much trust our own Government much anymore.

We have an administration that doesn't know their left from their right and they are playing right into China's hands. There have been over a thousand Chinese illegal immigrants that crossed the southern border and we have no clue who or where they are.

As my grandfather said about Nixon and watergate, "It's everyman for themselves".

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:33 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:As soon as we sanction china for Taiwan, they will retaliate by dumping their US Treasury holdings which will have dire consequences for our economy.
The Chinese want you to think they can do that, and remain unscathed. But, the markets don't work that way.

As they start to dump their US bonds, the value of those bonds will plummet, and they need them as capital for other lines of credit (they run on borrowed money, just as we do). As the value of their US Treasury holdings drops, everyone else will dump every Chinese security (including stocks, bonds, and cash) they hold, causing the Chinese currency to loose value.

Can they damage our economy? Yes, but, because our economy is six times the size of theirs, they will take an even bigger hit to their own economy than they inflict on us. The only way out, for them, is to simply quit buying our Treasury holdings, and wind it down over time. (A few years.)

TRex2

rick1 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:08 pm

A disturbing article from Gordon Chang and if true, we are in some trouble, maybe even deep  :BadDog: .

China is smarter then this administration, they've seen nothing but weakness in the last 2 1/2 years from the clown in the white house and his stooges that advise him:

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/01/opinion-chinese-agents-are-slipping-across-bidens-broken-southern-border-gordon-chang/

Last edited by rick1 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:20 am

rick1 wrote:A disturbing article from Gordon Chang and if true, we are in some trouble, maybe even deep  :BadDog: .

China is smarter then this administration, they've seen nothing but weakness in the last 2 1/2 years  from the clown in the white house and his stooges that advise him:

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/01/opinion-chinese-agents-are-slipping-across-bidens-broken-southern-border-gordon-chang/
I think the coming war will look more like a hostage situation, with no cops coming to help us. They do need us to keep buying the stuff they sell, and need us to ship food to them.

I think they will simply use their embedded operatives to coerce us to send them lots of food, in exchange for small amounts of things we need. If we don't comply, the operatives will be ordered to punish us (sabotage, etc). The effect will be that the Chinese will dictate, and the US will comply. Our pretense of military might (we are already close to being outgunned in the Pacific) will become meaningless.

Life will get harder.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Things are getting a little more interesting:

https://news.yahoo.com/china-ups-hacks-us-government-091714561.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:48 pm

rick1 wrote:Things are getting a little more interesting:

I read some of the reply's and its kinda funny that some folks just think it would be as simple as just stopping trade with China. They either don't realize or don't know that a lot of meds come from China because we just don't make them here. Things are going to get ugly one of these days

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Dave58 wrote:

I read some of the reply's and its kinda funny that some folks just think it would be as simple as just stopping trade with China. They either don't realize or don't know that a lot of meds come from China because we just don't make them here. Things are going to get ugly one of these days
And we can't just start making them here, either. We don't have the factories, nor the workers, any more. One of the effects (see note) of the war against "Toxic Masculinity," along with the rise of the "Pound Me Too" movement, is a generation of people who have no desire to work, and are unable to defend out country.

Note: almost said "side" effects, but it is a main effect, and, in fact, is the reason these heresies were foisted upon us.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:11 am

I've been seeing an uptick in hacking probes against my school network from Chinese IPs over the past few weeks.

Strangely the latest batch have been attempts at DNS amplification attacks where the attacker makes a request from my DNS servers that will respond to someone else with vastly more traffic than the size of the request. Basically, they are trying to use my servers to DDoS someone else. I haven't cared enough to check who they were targeting since my firewalls have blocked these attempts before my servers ever saw them, but it's still an interesting change of tactics from a few months ago.

It's getting so wild on the Internet that I've had to start updating devices daily rather than wait a week to make sure a vendor's patch doesn't do more harm than good. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:55 pm

Quick followup....the DNS attacks are now coming from more countries, but I suspect China is just using botnets more than before now.

And over 95% of the threatening Internet traffic seen by my firewall is all this same attack. Averaging over one attempt per second for the past 12 hours. So I've been continuing to tighten up my firewall filters to block things that the vendor normally just notifies  about (but doesn't block) - don't want to leak information if I can help it. No reason to make the hackers job any easier. Cool

Hope everyone is keeping their devices up to date on patches and security updates....

dmwalsh568

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:44 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:46 am

If this escapes and I had to go outside to get any more supplies I'd be wearing my full ebola kit: gloves, mask, face shield, etc. No such thing as too much protection from something with 100% fatality rate!

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:56 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:

If this escapes and I had to go outside to get any more supplies I'd be wearing my full ebola kit: gloves, mask, face shield, etc. No such thing as too much protection from something with 100% fatality rate!

If this gets loose I don't have to leave the homestead....

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Not sure about that, but I am sure: we won't have to worry about the re-infection rate (how long before people become vulnerable, after having it once).

There are three things for certain:
1. Nature will provide more viruses, some worse than others.
2. China will always play with viruses that they should leave alone.
3. Some will escape (hopefully not this one) with varying consequences.

Need to have a general pandemic preparedness posture.
Don't need to remain isolated forever, just longer than everyone else Laugh Animated

TRex2

rick1, Dave58 and dmwalsh568 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:01 am

Interesting article, if it's believable, seems some media outlets may be passing on some disinformation:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2024/01/18/chinese-mutant-covid-19/

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:32 am

rick1 wrote:Interesting article, if it's believable, seems some media outlets may be passing on some disinformation:

I have been watching for more information to pop up about this. If this virus is real it won't "accidentally" get loose until there is a vax for it and only the extremely wealthy people will get it.

Like T-Rex says don't need to stay isolated forever just longer than everyone else.. Wink Wink

On the happier side my grandkids told me to get ready they were going to help make the garden bigger this year because we would all need to eat from it. There still might be hope for mankind Happy Clap Happy Clap

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:40 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:01 am

rick1 wrote:Interesting article, if it's believable, seems some media outlets may be passing on some disinformation:

I don't know if it rises to the level of disinformation, but it certainly seems like they embellished it to increase people's anxiety.

I should add a fourth item to my list:
Every few months (maybe even weeks ) a new virus seems to pop up in China. Same goes for several other countries around the region. Almost all of these are extinguished withing a few months. It is generally not a good use of time to worry about them, until they "escape" into countries beyond where they originated.

(Covid19 was and was not an exception: it was, because there was no news in January, of the virus spreading beyond Wuhan China, and it wasn't because the Chinese government had deliberately "seeded" the virus into the rest of the world, and suppressed that news.)

You can look at my Booklet on "Lessons Learned," to find out more. It is available on my SubStack. (PM me, if you need help finding it.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3