Faraday cage-General Info

5 posters

Go down

Faraday cage-General Info Empty Faraday cage-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:38 am

MAKING FARADAY CAGES
http://www.endtimesreport.com/faraday_cages.html

Faraday cage-General Info Faraday_cages2  The reality of needing to protect all electronic equipment against EMP from a nuclear explosion over our shores is becoming imminent. We now live in perilous times. ---CONTINUED---

Last edited by ReadyMom on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Faraday cage-General Info Empty Re: Faraday cage-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 am

EMP 101: Part IV—Faraday Cages
http://www.preparednesspro.com/emp-101-part-iv-faraday-cage

Faraday cage-General Info Farady-cage_closed  Faraday Cage c/o jeddaniels.com

We’ve established that an EMP incident will fry all electronics.  This occurs whether or not they are plugged in or turned on. This also affects automobiles, batteries, computers, medical equipment, etc.  Needless to say, in such an instance, life as we know it will change dramatically.   Even more distressing is the fact that the strike of an EMP is not likely to give any warning. You don’t see it. You don’t feel it. You are simply left with the sudden consequences and whatever preparedness you have on hand.  So, other than your preparedness supplies, your new best friend may be a Faraday cage. --- CONtiNUED at LINK, above ---

Includes:

• First of all, allow me to dispel some myths about Faraday cages ...
  • Faraday cages are ...
  • You can have an instant Faraday cage with a ...
  • Be selective in what you protect. It makes no sense to ...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:20 am

All of my stored electronics without integrated batteries are wrapped in either paper or in their original cardboard box, then wrapped in aluminum foil and placed inside a galvanized steel trash can that has been lined with cardboard so none of the contents touch the metal sides or the lid. Those cans have been sealed with aluminum tape to try to improve the shielding effect (please watch video for details.)

My items with integrated batteries that need periodic charging are still wrapped with paper/cardboard and aluminum foil and placed into a lined galvanized steel trash can, but I haven't sealed that can since I need to take the items out regularly for charging. Things like an old Kindle Touch, an iPhone 4S, a portable DVD player and some flashlights and radios with internal batteries are all stored in this can. And my rechargeable lithium USB battery packs are also in this can.

This is probably overkill, but the thing with EMP is that you can't know if your shielding was effective until after an event and if your shielding wasn't adequate, you've got a big pile of paperweights... I figured it was better to be safe than sorry and the paper and aluminum foil are so cheap it was an easy decision to spend the time wrapping the items as I organized the cans. All my cans were purchased locally so I could make sure the cans were intact and that the lids were tight fitting. All cans are stored up off the floor so there is less chance of rusting if water puddles around them. Sounds like a lot of work, but other than the can I open up to charge batteries, everything was done once and I have shoved them in a corner.

video reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYWhTMmv6bs

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:58 pm

15 Things You Think You Know About Faraday Cages But You Don’t
http://www.askaprepper.com/15-things-think-know-faraday-cages-dont/

Faraday cage-General Info 15-Things-You-Think-You-Know-About-Faraday-Cages-But-You-Dont-890x395_c   This article takes into consideration only the effects of a nuclear EMP, not a solar flare. A solar flare would only affect any electronics connected to the grid.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:30 pm

What is a Faraday Cage and Why Would You Need One?
https://alphasurvivalist.net/category/general/

Faraday cage-General Info Faraday-cage1200-1024x527 (SNIP) ... Understanding the basic principles that allow these devices to work can help you better understand what their use might be and how they could apply to your life. Once you know that, you’ll find that building or buying one of them could prove useful whether you’re preparing for massive solar flares, an EMP attack, or just trying to prevent anyone from tracking your phone. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:38 am

How to EMP Proof Electronics and Keep Your Devices Safe with EMP Protection
https://alphasurvivalist.net/how-to-emp-proof-electronics-and-keep-your-devices-safe-with-emp-protection/

Faraday cage-General Info How-to-EMP-Proof-Electronics1200-1024x521    When considering your preparation tasks and making sure your family can be safe in the event of an attack or a natural calamity, EMP protection is often underrated. Technology has advanced a great deal since the last time large solar flares have affected major portions of the grid in the US and other countries, which has, however, lulled many preppers into a sense of false security.

EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attacks and stronger solar flares still have the potential of frying at least some of your electrical equipment, and it’s up to you to take all the measures necessary for adequate protection.   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:55 am

How To Build An EMP Survival Kit
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/emp-survival-kit/

Faraday cage-General Info Bcdf8d11c5c6d28ade8a4ae2731ace1a   (SNIP) ... A Faraday Cage or Faraday Box is surprisingly easy to build and can be assembled in a variety of configurations to protect a range of personal electronic equipment and even appliances.

How much equipment you protect and to what degree depends on your personal level of concern and your assessment of the threats. Given that we are currently at the beginning of another solar cycle, the threat level will only increase, so it may be worth giving this some serious thought.   ---CONTINUED---
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://emergencyhomeprep.forumotion.com

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:31 pm

Using a microwave oven, or even better, using a refrigerator as a faraday cage:

https://faradaysource.com/faraday-basics/faraday-cages/can-an-old-microwave-be-used-as-a-faraday-cage/

REAYMOM is up and moving Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:25 pm

rick1 wrote:REAYMOM is up and moving Very Happy

READYMOM is now a 'ReadyGramma'! Dancing Spot  Been a tad distracted. Trying to get back into the 'groove' of prepping again. Faraday cage-General Info 4074591684

Admin

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:27 pm

ReadyMom wrote:...

READYMOM is now a 'ReadyGramma'! Dancing Spot  ...
Well. That explains a lot.

I noticed you weren't posting much, lately.

Real life takes priority.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:34 am

TRex2 wrote:Well. That explains a lot.

I noticed you weren't posting much, lately.

Real life takes priority.

Yes. A 'lil grandson! It was a nail-biting pregnancy, after a couple of yrs of doctoring & finally a successful IVF round. He's just 4 mos old and we are babysitting him during the week, for the parents going back to work. I LOVE it! Now I have to gear new preps for baby too.

Increased world events & our national downward spiral, I feel like the need is greater to get folks on board with prepping.

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:34 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
Yes. A 'lil grandson! It was a nail-biting pregnancy, after a couple of yrs of doctoring & finally a successful IVF round. He's just 4 mos old and we are babysitting him during the week, for the parents going back to work. I LOVE it! Now I have to gear new preps for baby too.
Don't forget, he is 4 months old, now, but your preps have to be geared for some time in the future, when he will no longer be 4 months old.

You are going to have some continuous "turn over" in your preps.

ReadyMom wrote:Increased world events & our national downward spiral, I feel like the need is greater to get folks on board with prepping.
I don't think we will be getting very many people on board. Might want to follow Paul's advice:
2 Tim 2:2 wrote:and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men,[a] who will be able to teach others also.
Notice he said to teach these things to "faithful" men.
That means, those who already understand the basic principle.
We do not teach those who do not believe.

If you want a non Bible reference:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/self-sufficiency-preparedness/3464733-still-dumb.html

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm

14 Preppers Speculate What an EMP Would Look Like in America
https://www.askaprepper.com/14-preppers-speculate-what-an-emp-would-look-like-in-america/

Faraday cage-General Info 14-Preppers-Speculate-What-an-EMP-Would-Look-Like-in-America   (SNIP) ... An EMP attack would instantly obliterate most of the services and communication systems modern society depends on, and when you take away the things that hold a society together, it falls apart. That’s going to trigger one of the worst-case prepping scenarios – being thrown totally on your own resources, and potentially having to protect what you have from crowds of desperate people.

We asked 14 preppers what they thought of the EMP threat, and how they planned to cope with it:   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm

8 Common Faraday Cage Myths
https://www.askaprepper.com/8-common-faraday-cage-myths/

Faraday cage-General Info Cover-8-Faraday-Cage-Myths-6 (BIG SNIP) ... The lack of real-world examples of people designing and building Faraday cages and successfully using them to shield electronics during an EMP attack leads to myths and misinformation.

While there are dozens of Faraday cage myths, I have collected these five that I see brought up repeatedly. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down