+2
ReadyMom
rick1
6 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Iranian developments - Page 7 Empty Re: Iranian developments

Post by rick1 Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:13 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the civilian plane that went down in Iran wright after the missiles were launched.

The Iranians say it was a mechanical malfunction one hour after the crash, the news says one of the engines was on fire. The passengers were mostly from the Ukraine and Canada, U.S. allies.

The Iranians won't let Boeing in to check the mechanics of the plane crash, I wonder why?

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:06 pm

It is quite possible they shot down their own plane.
Wouldn't be the first time that there was an accidental disaster in a war zone.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm

rick1 wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the civilian plane that went down in Iran wright after the missiles were launched.

The Iranians say it was a mechanical malfunction one hour after the crash, the news says one of the engines was on fire. The passengers were mostly from the Ukraine and Canada, U.S. allies.

The Iranians won't let Boeing in to check the mechanics of the plane crash, I wonder why?

It's entirely possible that the engine was on fire because the plane was hit by a missile.

The mechanical failure may have been the radar officer on the Sam battery was confused....

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
rick1 wrote:I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the civilian plane that went down in Iran wright after the missiles were launched.

It's entirely possible that the engine was on fire because the plane was hit by a missile.

The mechanical failure may have been the radar officer on the Sam battery was confused....

Fox news just reported it was shot down by Iran with a Russian missile, of course they say it was by accident.

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:37 pm

rick1 wrote:...
Fox news just reported it was shot down by Iran with a Russian missile, of course they say it was by accident.
I have no doubt it was by accident.
I have seen that kind of stuff happen before.

I saw a  Patriot battery launch on one of our own in Desert Storm, and then hit the self destruct (Patriot is one of the few with that feature built in) before the missiles hit the plane. In that case, I am sure it was the Pilot that screwed up, IFF switch in the wrong position.

We shot down an Iranian airliner over the Gulf back around 83 (give or take a few years) because we thought it was an inbound fighter. (I suspect the pilot did a couple of "unusual" course changes before he got on our radar, or he wouldn't have been where he was, but he ain't telling no tales.)

The Russians shot down an air liner over Eastern Ukraine, believing it was a Ukrainian cargo plane, but that was lack of training or just gross negligence. Same with KAL 007 north of the Korean Peninsula. With KAL 007, both the airliner and the Russians were wrong. They thought it was our RC-135. The air liner was off course and in their air space, but it was running faster than the RC-135 is capable of flying.

War is full of accidental disasters.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:57 am

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West's blog 'Daily Big Threats':

Iran’s Revenge Plans Are Bigger Than Missile Strikes
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/08/iran-revenge-plans-bigger-than-missile-strikes-suleimani-retaliation/

The assassination of Maj. Gen. Qassem Suleimani, perhaps the second most powerful person in Iran behind Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, will reverberate in the Middle East and beyond for years, and perhaps decades. But the immediate consequences, several U.S. intelligence officials say privately, will be clear: more deaths, and some of them American. Tuesday’s noisy attacks, despite the reassuring words of the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif that they were a “proportionate measure,” were only the beginning.

Those killings will be carried out using tools Suleimani, who was assassinated in Iraq by a U.S. drone strike, himself built.  ...

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:59 am

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West's blog 'Daily Big Threats':

Iran's proxies: where will Tehran take its revenge for Qassim Soleimani's assassination and who will help it?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/06/irans-proxies-weigh-response-qassim-soleimani-killing-iran-vows/

Iran has warned the United States to prepare for a “dark day” of revenge for the killing of General Qassim Soleimani - but it remains unclear how and when the regime will retaliate.

Experts say one thing is likely, which is that any response to the US airstrike will be carried out by Iran’s large network of proxies in the Middle East, rather than its own soldiers or spies.

This is because the Iranian regime is reluctant to trigger direct confrontation with the US, even though the assassination of Soleimani marks the biggest escalation between the two countries in decades.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:47 pm

But the immediate consequences, several U.S. intelligence officials say privately, will be clear: more deaths, and some of them American.
Are these the same "intelligence" officials that told us in the spring of '98 that Pakistan was "years away" from developing a nuclear weapon?

There will certainly be bloodshed in the future, but there are some members of the Deep State that will do what they can to blame Trump or other true conservatives for all the woes in the world. Beware of them, and their subtle propaganda.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:21 am

Iranian national arrested 4 miles from President Trump's Mar A Lago resort. Remember, there is an 80 million dollar bounty on Trump's head now:

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/01/10/breaking-iranian-national-with-machete-pick-ax-detained-on-bridge-near-mar-a-lago/

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:28 am

Slightly off topic,

Iran just admitted what everyone already knew. They screwed up and shot down the airliner.

Drinkthekoolaid

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Slightly off topic,
Iran just admitted what everyone already knew. They screwed up and shot down the airliner.
Not surprised. Even though I suspected that, I was wondering, earlier, how Fox "knew" that it was a missile. Well, I see now, that the pictures of the wreckage showed metal shards that were parts of the missile, so that explains how we knew.

Of course, even while admitting it, they blame Trump, as do the Demoncrats.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 pm

On a different subject, yet, still Iran.

Iran could have a nuke by the end of March.
(Note: that is one, single, nuke.)
https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/How-could-Iran-break-out-to-a-nuke-in-only-2-months-analysis-613454
Until May 2019, most estimates had Iran at about 12 months away from having enough enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon.
How could it leap forward to have enough uranium to have a weapon in only two months?

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:48 pm

http://news.trust.org/item/20200111165001-pawh6

Is this the beginning of a of serious change in Iran ???
One can only hope ..... PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:08 am

President Trump has ordered the Navy to destroy any Iranian gunboats that harass any Naval vessel at sea:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-22/trump-tells-navy-to-destroy-any-iranian-gunboats-harassing-u-s

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 am

rick1 wrote:President Trump has ordered the Navy to destroy any Iranian gunboats that harass any Naval vessel at sea:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-22/trump-tells-navy-to-destroy-any-iranian-gunboats-harassing-u-s

Do we know if this has been confirmed by the Pentagon, or is this just a tweet that may or may not reflect actual policy?

I certainly won't cry over any Iranians lost during unsafe operations, but I'd hate for us to get drawn into a live war while the pandemic is affecting military readiness.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:11 pm

dmwalsh568 wrote:
rick1 wrote:President Trump has ordered the Navy to destroy any Iranian gunboats that harass any Naval vessel at sea:

Do we know if this has been confirmed by the Pentagon, or is this just a tweet that may or may not reflect actual policy?

I certainly won't cry over any Iranians lost during unsafe operations, but I'd hate for us to get drawn into a live war while the pandemic is affecting military readiness.

President Trump warned Iran during his press briefing last evening about not to do any sneak attacks on the U.S., he sent this tweet out today to confirm it.

After 3 1/2 years of President Trumps tweets, he does follow through on the threats he makes to foreign countries.

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 pm

rick1 wrote:President Trump warned Iran during his press briefing last evening about not to do any sneak attacks on the U.S., he sent this tweet out today to confirm it.

After 3 1/2 years of President Trumps tweets, he does follow through on the threats he makes to foreign countries.
It is likely that this is preemptive.
Either he has reason to believe the Iranians may be planning to attack us,
or he got intel that they may try to do what Al Qada did to the USS Cole.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:45 am

Iran is putting a thorn in the U.S. butt, Iran sends gas and food to Venezuela. How long before Iran sets up military bases in Venezuela:

https://www.stripes.com/news/americas/iran-sends-shipment-of-food-to-venezuela-in-latest-delivery-1.634638

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:46 pm

rick1 wrote:Iran is putting a thorn in the U.S. butt, Iran sends gas and food to Venezuela. How long before Iran sets up military bases in Venezuela:
https://www.stripes.com/news/americas/iran-sends-shipment-of-food-to-venezuela-in-latest-delivery-1.634638
Kinda already doing that:
https://watchjerusalem.co.il/961-iran-establishing-a-base-of-operations-in-venezuela
The U.S. has confirmed the increased Iranian presence in Venezuela. Last week, Commander of the United States Southern Command Adm. Craig Fuller said he believed Iran’s objective was to “gain an advantage in our neighborhood in a way that would counter U.S. interests.” He continued, “We have seen an uptick in Iranian state-sponsored activity and liaison with Venezuela that has included the Quds Force,” referring to Iran’s elite military unit that was headed by the now deceased Gen. Qassem Suleimani.

Officials from Maduro’s opposition also warn that Iran could be using the cover of supporting the oil industry to provide materials for the construction of a listening post in northern Venezuela that will be used to intercept aerial and maritime communications, reported the Washington Post last week. “For Iran, an enemy of the United States, this means they are almost touching America’s tail,” said the security commissioner for Venezuela’s opposition.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/01/iran-venezuela-alliances-latin-america/
International security cooperation helped curtail these activities, but Hezbollah operatives in South America may have gained a new advantage when hundreds of Lebanese and Syrians, allegedly including Hezbollah operatives, received Venezuelan residency documents that allowed them to travel freely throughout Latin America. This was facilitated by Tareck El Aissami, Venezuela’s minister of petroleum who was the deputy head of the national identification office at the time. Aissami has been indicted on drug trafficking charges in the United States and sanctioned for his alleged dealings with drug lords; the New York Times has reported on an intelligence dossier linking him and his father to Hezbollah’s recruiting and fundraising efforts, in which the issuance of residency permits was alleged to have played a role.

These ties might not seem as substantial as the joint military, financial, and industrial relations that once characterized Iran’s influence—but they would still be enough to turn up the heat on the United States and its democratic allies, especially if Latin America’s political pendulum swings back to the radical left. The trouble is, it would be much harder for Tehran’s plans to succeed if the Maduro regime collapsed. Hence the Iranian focus on assisting Venezuela’s oil industry, which supplies 90 percent of the country’s income to fund social programs and maintain a large army.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Many haven't said much on the most recent Iranian developments, even the media has been pretty silent. Cyber attacks, mystery fires, etc.. So what's going on, who's behind all of it, the U.S., Israel, somebody else:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-06/iran-nuclear-site-fire-causes-significant-damage,-official-says/12424586

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:16 pm

rick1 wrote:Many haven't said much on the most recent Iranian developments, even the media has been pretty silent. Cyber attacks, mystery fires, etc.. So what's going on, who's behind all of it, the U.S., Israel, somebody else:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-06/iran-nuclear-site-fire-causes-significant-damage,-official-says/12424586

From what I have read Israel has admitted to some of it , but I kinda feel like it may be coming from their own people.

I really get the feeling that somebody is trying to gently push us into a unwinnable war...

I think its worth keeping an eye on..... PopCorn

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:57 pm

The Iranians are building a new nuclear fuel enrichment plant, deep in the mountains.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-natanz/iran-building-new-production-hall-for-centrifuges-in-mountains-near-natanz-idUSKBN25Z239
A confrontation between arch foes Tehran and Washington has worsened since 2018, when U.S. President Donald Trump withdrew from Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with major powers and reimposed sanctions that have crippled Iran’s economy.

Under the deal, Iran agreed to curb its nuclear programme in exchange for the removal of most international sanctions. In reaction to U.S. sanctions, Tehran has gradually distanced itself from the nuclear pact.
Of course, they neglect to mention that the "deal" Obama made with the Iranians gave them permission to build nuclear weapons, as long as they did it after the 2020 election.

New missiles, too (designed in secret):
https://breakingdefense.com/2020/06/new-iranian-missile-could-strike-central-europe-analysis/
A detailed analysis of the Qased, based on open sources and using computer simulations to calculate trajectories, shows it has a strong relationship to the Shahab-3 ballistic missile Qasedand the Safir SLV, together with a number of unusual features for an SLV. If SLV compromises were removed, restoring the design optimization for use as a ballistic missile, the Qased can reach Central Europe and parts of Northern Europe, depending on its payload mass.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Sure don't sound good Dave. I'm sure the U.S. is repaired for this, since tensions are high in Iran and it's been one year since the killing of one of their top generals.

And any thing that gets even close to the capital will be blown out of the sky. I just hope it's not one of our own passenger planes.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:39 pm

Here's a recording of the threat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ymbqGFWog

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:43 pm

I just can't do this anymore.
GA elections tonight.
Electoral College tomorrow.
Airline threats tomorrow.
DC rallies with Antifa, Proud Boys, Patriots & Idiots all in one place.  
Solar flare tomorrow (but at least that's a little one).

Give me a drink and keep it filled ...  

Iranian developments - Page 7 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Admin

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 pm

Seriously though ... what better time to do something like that than tomorrow. ALL THOSE PEOPLE that will be there! Terror & Chaos. Plus Capital will be full for the electoral college. Perfect storm. Neutral

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:18 pm

ReadyMom wrote:I just can't do this anymore.
GA elections tonight.

ReadyMom, you are one heck of a trip. Here's your drink Cheers-Beer2

P.S. All you need now is a big, huge, record breaking snow storm. Winter Cold-5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 am

ReadyMom wrote:I just can't do this anymore.
GA elections tonight.

Do you have room for 1 more ???
Smile

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:49 am

Biden has already appointed a man to head the CIA, who will help the Iranians as much as possible, with their terrorism program, and help them on the way to being a nuclear power. That is what they were doing before Trump got into office, and the (future) Biden Administration will continue that course of action. They will give them money, run interference in the international community and assist with technology transfers to the Iranian regime.

Iran and Biden are going to be best buddies.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:48 pm

Iran is asking the UN to be their friend too. I am relatively certain the UN will cooperate with anyone who wants to destroy Israel, so they will probably welcome Iran into the "Nuclear Club."

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/iran-nuclear/2021/01/17/id/1005950/
Iran urged the United Nations' nuclear watchdog to avoid publishing “unnecessary” details on Tehran’s nuclear program, state TV reported Sunday, a day after Germany, France and Britain said Tehran has “no credible civilian use” for its development of uranium metal.

The report quoted a statement from Iran’s nuclear department that asked the International Atomic Energy Agency to avoid publishing details on Iran’s nuclear program that may cause confusion.

“It is expected the international atomic energy agency avoid providing unnecessary details and prevent paving ground for misunderstanding” in the international community, the statement said. It did not elaborate.

On Saturday, Germany, France and Britain pressed Iran to back off its plan to develop uranium metal, calling it “the latest planned violation” of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers. The goal of the deal is to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear bomb, something Iran insists it does not want to do.
Maybe it has slipped everyone's mind, but that deal was a five year deal, and it expired a few months ago. Its real intention was to delay the program, and then pave the way, after Hillary's first term, to insure its success.

TRex2

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Funny, my take was that the agreement was to delay things and give time for Iranian moderates to gain some measure of power to reduce the risk from hard liners. That and keep Israel from just nuking every military site related to the Iranian nuclear program. I firmly believe once Israel thinks Iran is getting too close to a functional nuke then it’s going to get ugly fast.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 am

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:44 am

Some people are annoyed that those who defend us need to be defended, or at least allowed to defend themselves.

(Goes back to what I said about looking at your ballot, next major election, and if you see two offices on it, that are filled by Democrats, you need to move.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:05 pm

A blackout at Iran's nuclear site. Is this nuclear terrorism, maybe. Maybe the U.S. or Israel is letting Iran know what's to come:

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-iran-358384f03b1ef6b65f4264bf9a59a458?amp;amp

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 pm

rick1 wrote:A blackout at Iran's nuclear site. Is this nuclear terrorism, maybe. Maybe the U.S. or Israel is letting Iran know what's to come:

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-iran-358384f03b1ef6b65f4264bf9a59a458?amp;amp

Iran blames Israel for the blackout at its nuclear sight. More damage to the nuclear sight then was first thought, Iran vows revenge:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56715520

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Ezekiel 38 says that Russia and Iran will attack Israel. (After the Rapture) Many will join in, and no one will help Israel. Then God, Himself, will step in, to help them. And He will do it in a way that everyone can see that it was The Hand of God.

We are seeing people working towards fulfilling a prophesy that they don't believe.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:08 am

Iran is advancing to 60% uranium enrichment, they say it's an answer to their evilness. The times are getting tougher for Israel and the U.S., only time will tell before Iran makes an attack:

https://apnews.com/article/dubai-iran-united-arab-emirates-tehran-hassan-rouhani-abecc41b63cef275a2788029ebd277a4

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 am

rick1 wrote:Iran is advancing to 60% uranium enrichment, they say it's an answer to their evilness. The times are getting tougher for Israel and the U.S., only time will tell before Iran makes an attack:

https://apnews.com/article/dubai-iran-united-arab-emirates-tehran-hassan-rouhani-abecc41b63cef275a2788029ebd277a4

It's in Iran's best interest to get back into the nuclear agreement, otherwise as soon as Israel thinks Iran is too close to a working bomb there will be an incident. And not simply a cyberattack shutting off the power....

dmwalsh568

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:02 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Iran is advancing to 60% uranium enrichment, they say it's an answer to their evilness. The times are getting tougher for Israel and the U.S., only time will tell before Iran makes an attack:

It's in Iran's best interest to get back into the nuclear agreement, otherwise as soon as Israel thinks Iran is too close to a working bomb there will be an incident. And not simply a cyberattack shutting off the power....

Agree with ya 100% and Israel will eliminate Iran. Hopefully, Iran's backing from Russia and China will be silent during Israel's attack. But I doubt it.

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Two Iranian warships are crossing the Atlantic Ocean, seems they are heading to Venezuela and are possibly loaded with arms. Seems joe crow is now seeing the beginning of a bigger test from Iran:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/09/venezuela-cuba-iran-ships-492602

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:14 pm

Iran Revolutionary Guards commander says 'revenge' coming for Soleimani strike from 'within' US
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guards-commander-says-revenge-coming-for-soleimani-strike-from-within-us

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:11 pm

ReadyMom wrote:Iran Revolutionary Guards commander says 'revenge' coming for Soleimani strike from 'within' US
https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guards-commander-says-revenge-coming-for-soleimani-strike-from-within-us
Well, thanks to Biden's "Terrorist Import Assistance Program" (can I copyright that? Laughing ) Iran may have the forces in our country to carry out that threat.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:49 pm

TRex2 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:Iran Revolutionary Guards commander says 'revenge' coming for Soleimani strike from 'within' US
Well, thanks to Biden's "Terrorist Import Assistance Program" (can I copyright that?  Laughing ) Iran may have the forces in our country to carry out that threat.

Yep, right from the southern border and hop on the corn pop bus to a city near you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum