+2
ReadyMom
rick1
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Iranian developments - Page 2 Empty Re: Iranian developments

Post by Dave58 Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm

ReadyMom I don't think its a crisis prep situation not just yet and I am hoping it doesn't turn into one. Anytime you interrupt the flow of crude oil you will cause the price of things to raise...
Also if you factor the floods in the mid-west its going to be a little more costly for folks...

Just keep doing what your doing and keep your eye on the middle East...PopCorn

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Dave58 wrote:ReadyMom  I don't think its a crisis prep situation not just yet and I am hoping it doesn't turn into one. Anytime you interrupt the flow of crude oil you will cause the price of things to raise...
Also if you factor the floods in the mid-west its going to be a little more costly for folks...

That's how I've interpreted it, so far, but wasn't sure if I was not digesting some of the news properly. It seems to be a feather puffing event, so far, with USA responding as a precaution. But I did hear that it was in response to an 'undisclosed' threat to our ships. That plus the SOS cancelling several meetings due to this caught my attention. I'll keep watching plus reading this thread. Thanks everyone for staying on top of it.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 13, 2019 9:02 pm

rick1 wrote:This is the only article I found from FOX news, from about 30 minutes ago, doesn't say anything about the B-52 flying over Iran:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-air-force-sends-message-to-iran

I found this:

B-52 bombers, F-15 fighters fly first deterrence sorties pointed at Iran
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/05/13/b-52-bombers-f-15-fighters-fly-first-deterrence-sorties-pointed-at-iran/

“We will not discuss mission specifics," said Air Force Maj. Holly Brauer, an AFCENT spokesperson. "They have begun flying deterrence missions in the region, including over the Arabian Gulf.

ReadyMom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 am

U.S. getting plans together to deploy as many as 120,000 troops to middle east if Iran attacks U.S. military forces, its allies or accelerates nuclear enrichment:

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/white-house-reviewing-military-plans-against-iran/29939088.html

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

rick1 wrote:U.S. getting plans together to deploy as many as 120,000 troops to middle east if Iran attacks U.S. military forces, its allies or accelerates nuclear enrichment:

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/white-house-reviewing-military-plans-against-iran/29939088.html

That isn't a good sign at all

I think this situation really bares watching closely. I really hope there are no major provocations or escalations in the near future to fan the flames.

Also with the china trade war going on look for them to take advantage of the situation and use NK to stir the pot while we are focused on iran

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 7:41 am

This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/final-meeting-before-real-trouble-starts-pompeo-headed-to-sochi-for-putin-lavrov-meet

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/final-meeting-before-real-trouble-starts-pompeo-headed-to-sochi-for-putin-lavrov-meet

DTKA - I wouldn't believe a thing Hal Turner says, he only tells the truth where a lie won't fit. He hates everybody, I put him in the same class as the KKK. But that's just my opinion.

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 8:40 am

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:This is IMO a fair synopsis of what's going on and how these seemingly random events are probably connected.

DTKA - I wouldn't believe a thing Hal Turner says, he only tells the truth where a lie won't fit. He hates everybody, I put him in the same class as the KKK. But that's just my opinion.

His analysis has been ahead of the curve on this Iran situation. He is reporting events before any major news outlets.

Like I said in an earlier post, take it for what it's worth with a grain of salt

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Tue May 14, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 8:44 am

Read this story.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/oil-prices-edge-u-china-012011289.html

What caught my attention hasn't been really reported yet. The story is about crude oil prices going up.

But within the story it says because a Saudi oil platform was attacked by exploding drones. This isn't good.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

Looks like the attacks were on booster stations on some Saudi owned pipelines.

https://in.reuters.com/article/uk-global-oil/oil-prices-jump-on-drone-attack-on-saudi-aramco-facilities-idINKCN1SK04R?il=0

First the tankers being attacked, now the pipelines are under attack...won't take a lot more to move into full fledged shooting war.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 9:13 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:Looks like the attacks were on booster stations on some Saudi owned pipelines.

https://in.reuters.com/article/uk-global-oil/oil-prices-jump-on-drone-attack-on-saudi-aramco-facilities-idINKCN1SK04R?il=0

First the tankers being attacked, now the pipelines are under attack...won't take a lot more to move into full fledged shooting war.

This is my concern as well.

It's a complicated mess.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 14, 2019 10:00 am

DTKA and dmwalsh568 I agree, we're in a mess bigger than the NK one. We may just have to shoot ourselves out of this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 10:21 am

rick1 wrote:DTKA and dmwalsh568 I agree, we're in a mess bigger than the NK one. We may just have to shoot ourselves out of this one.

IMO, the 3 biggest differences comparing the NK crisis a few years ago to this Iran crisis. War with Iran 10 years from now may very well be apocalyptic.

NK already verifibly had nukes. Iran most likely does not yet. Stopping Iran from becoming a nuclear state cannot be understated.

This current crisis has already had kinetic attacks of sabotage

Iran is oil and resource wealthy. A vast amount of resources flow through the Persian gulf and Iran makes a fortune from it.  Other countries (like china) depend on it.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue May 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Dave58 wrote:ReadyMom  I don't think its a crisis prep situation not just yet and I am hoping it doesn't turn into one. Anytime you interrupt the flow of crude oil you will cause the price of things to raise...

I am well aware of everything up to this point,
and concur with the above.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
rick1 wrote:DTKA and dmwalsh568 I agree, we're in a mess bigger than the NK one. We may just have to shoot ourselves out of this one.

IMO, the 3 biggest differences comparing the NK crisis a few years ago to this Iran crisis.  War with Iran 10 years from now may very well be apocalyptic.

NK already verifibly had nukes. Iran most likely does not yet. Stopping Iran from becoming a nuclear state cannot be understated.

Iran is oil and resource wealthy. A vast amount of resources flow through the Persian gulf and Iran makes a fortune from it.  Other countries (like china) depend on it.
Concur with this, also.
Saw picture of one ship, and it looked like it hit a mine.
(Not a close look, though.)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:

IMO, the 3 biggest differences comparing the NK crisis a few years ago to this Iran crisis.  War with Iran 10 years from now may very well be apocalyptic.

Concur with this, also.
Saw picture of one ship, and it looked like it hit a mine.
(Not a close look, though.)

One of my earlier posts linking to Hal Turner's website he said he received Intel yesterday it was a limpet mine.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 15, 2019 3:50 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:
One of my earlier posts linking to Hal Turner's website he said he received Intel yesterday it was a limpet mine.
Seems right, and that would fit the description of sabotage.

More (but not new) info here:
https://splash247.com/limpet-mines-suspected-in-fujiarah-attacks/
An American military team’s initial assessment is that Iranian or Iranian-backed proxies used explosives to blow holes up to 3 m in radius just below the waterline in the ships anchored off the coast of the UAE. The AP story came from an official who was not authorised to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Commenting on the exclusive images obtained by Splash, Will McManus, who heads maritime security firm RSG, said the damage was unlikely to have been from a rocket-propelled grenade. He felt the most likely source of the damage was from a waterborne improvised explosive device.
Kinda elementary, since an RPG could not do that much damage.
All of the pictures showing damage just below the waterline is why I suspected mines.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed May 15, 2019 6:16 am

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am

And we keep inching closer to active combat:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/iran-threat-us-orders-all-non-essential-embassy-staff-to-leave-iraq

Scariest bit for me is this line:
The notice ordered staff at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and the U.S. Consulate in Erbil to go leave the country “as soon as possible” using commercial transportation.

Sounds like they are definitely preparing for war. Sigh.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:And we keep inching closer to active combat:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/iran-threat-us-orders-all-non-essential-embassy-staff-to-leave-iraq

Scariest bit for me is this line:
The notice ordered staff at the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and the U.S. Consulate in Erbil to go leave the country “as soon as possible” using commercial transportation.

Once people start evacuation that's not a good sign. Either part of an elaborate bluff and posturing or an indication they are anticipating hostilities to commence

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 am

I doubt anyone is bluffing at this point. It's almost like a slow march to war with rhetoric leading to minor (deniable) incidents, and it will just take a single match to go up in flames.

While I hope things settle down and I'm wrong about this, it looks like people on both sides have gotten out the matchbooks and are ready to start the fire, so to speak.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am

Do you guys think Iran has nukes?

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 am

If they do, I suspect they bought one or two from Russia or more likely North Korea. But I don't think they do since Israel would have nuked them if there was even a hint that Iran had bought any....

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am

dmwalsh568 wrote:And we keep inching closer to active combat:
dmwalsh568 wrote:I doubt anyone is bluffing at this point. It's almost like a slow march to war with rhetoric leading to minor (deniable) incidents, and it will just take a single match to go up in flames. ...
Inch, and slow march are key. It took us almost 6 months to gear up for Desert Storm.
There were already four matches (minor deniable incedents) and nothing more.
Yet.
I don't see anything happening for over a month right now.

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Do you guys think Iran has nukes?
dmwalsh568 wrote:If they do, I suspect they bought one or two from Russia or more likely North Korea. But I don't think they do since Israel would have nuked them if there was even a hint that Iran had bought any....
I concur.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri May 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Defiant Iran says it can 'easily' hit U.S. ships, works to counter sanctions
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-iran/defiant-iran-says-it-can-easily-hit-u-s-ships-works-to-counter-sanctions-idUKKCN1SN1QY?rpc=401&

Iran said on Friday it could “easily” hit U.S. warships in the Gulf, the latest in days of saber rattling between Washington and Tehran, while its top diplomat worked to counter U.S. sanctions and salvage a nuclear deal denounced by President Donald Trump.

“Even our short-range missiles can easily reach (U.S.) warships in the Persian Gulf,” Mohammad Saleh Jokar, the deputy for parliamentary affairs of the elite Revolutionary Guards (IRGC), was quoted by Fars news agency as saying.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri May 17, 2019 7:31 pm

The Third Gulf War has already begun
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/23874?fbclid=IwAR1W_F3NTLpWYKBBavX56x3T64cKZTZufDT1cK3wWTyj5vT9D4mTfaUnYtE

I consider the attack on the Saudi tankers this week the first shot in a third Gulf war, because the US, especially under Donald Trump's leadership, cannot allow itself to be humiliated this way by Tehran. After all, two and half years ago, even before entering the White House, Trump talked about "making America great again." The attack on the Saudi tankers has furnished him with the reason for waging war against Iran, and I will not be surprised if before long, we are witness to US attacks on Iranian targets such as the port the attackers sailed from and Iranian nuclear power plants.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri May 17, 2019 9:37 pm

This Hal Turner guy is scary!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat May 18, 2019 9:32 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 pm

https://apnews.com/dd56652fae6247c0944edd4d0c5516c3

Baharain ordering it's citizens to immediately leave iran and iraq

Last edited by Drinkthekoolaid on Sat May 18, 2019 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat May 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:https://apnews.com/dd56652fae6247c0944edd4d0c5516c3

Baharain ordering it's citizens to immediately leavr uran and iraq

Good idea. They are right in the middle of everything:

Iranian developments - Page 2 ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.richgibson.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F09%2Fbahrain-map-world

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 19, 2019 12:37 pm

Petraeus warns Iran to 'be very careful' as tensions rise
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/petraeus-warns-iran-to-be-very-careful-as-tensions-rise-with-trump-administration

Former CIA Director David Petraeus warned Iran that it is going to have to be “very careful” ...

He added: “They're going to have to be very careful not to overplay their hand and result in some kind of response that is quite punitive.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 19, 2019 12:40 pm

Petraeus: Iran should watch its step
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/18/david-petraeus-iran-trump-1331764

I'm not quite so sure that with this White House, that there might not be a fairly substantial response to something that the Iranians might think is just a proxy activity that stays below what they think the threshold is, after which we would respond,” Petraeus said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 19, 2019 3:16 pm

Question  Is this a warning or a miss?

Rocket attack hits near US Embassy in Baghdad's Green Zone
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/rocket-attack-hits-us-embassy-baghdads-green-zone-63137720

A rocket crashed Sunday night in the Iraqi capital's heavily fortified Green Zone, landing less than a mile from the sprawling U.S. Embassy, an Iraqi military spokesman said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun May 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Halturnerradioshow.com says:

The UNited States Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq is under attack at this hour, being hit by numerous barrages of heavy Mortar fire.

This is a developing story as of 1:51 PM eastern US time.

Other reports are saying the rockets were 'near' the embassy. So .... which one is it?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sun May 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Trump says war will mean 'official end of Iran,' warns 'never threaten the United States again'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-war-iran-never-threaten-united-states

Trump tweeted hours after a rocket landed less than a mile from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone,

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon May 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West, Author & Blog writer

UK Special Forces ‘Joining US Strike Force’ in Gulf Amid Iran Tension - Report
https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201905201075147543-uk-special-forces-join-us-strike-force-gulf-iran-tension/

British Special Forces have flown to the Middle East in the framework of a top secret mission to rebuff possible Iranian attacks on merchant ships, according to The Sun.

Members of the elite Special Boat Service are reported to have joined UK registered oil tankers heading towards the Persian Gulf, subsequently to be tasked with monitoring Iranian military activity in the vicinity of Qesham Island, home to the country's naval gunboats, the paper reports.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue May 21, 2019 11:25 am

Fox news is reporting that Iran is quadruples its uranium enrichment (production):

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-uranium-production

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Tue May 21, 2019 12:14 pm

rick1 wrote:Fox news is reporting that Iran is quadruples its uranium enrichment (production):

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-uranium-production

That's not going to go over well

If we don't hit Iran, Israel will.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Tue May 21, 2019 7:02 pm

If, as they claim in the article, they don't go beyond the 3.xx% enrichment level, it means they will have a lot of low enriched "U" to sell. Don't know who would be in the economic and political position to buy any from them.

It would also make for a lot of "DU" (the left over "tails") which has some interesting uses, but again, I don't know who would be in the economic and political position to buy any from them.

I think somebody named Occam had a razor that said the other choice would be to further enrich it.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Tue May 21, 2019 7:12 pm

I have NO IDEA what any of that meant, except no one would be interested in their stuff. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 22, 2019 4:03 am

1 If, as they claim in the article, they don't go beyond the 3.xx% enrichment level, it means they will have a lot of low enriched "U" to sell. Don't know who would be in the economic and political position to buy any from them.

2 It would also make for a lot of "DU" (the left over "tails") which has some interesting uses, but again, I don't know who would be in the economic and political position to buy any from them.

3 I think somebody named Occam had a razor that said the other choice would be to further enrich it.
ReadyMom wrote:I have NO IDEA what any of that meant, except no one would be interested in their stuff. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Item 1 I was saying that Iran has only a limited need for "low enriched" Uranium (U)  which is mostly used by nuclear power industry. If they make more than that they might want to sell it, but any legitimate buyer would incur the wrath of the US, so politically, no one is in a good position to buy it. (except maybe Russia)

Item 2 says basically the same about the Depleted Uranium (DU) which is a waste product of the enrichment process. It does have uses, such as superdense and superhard bullets and armor. Both are used in Tank warfare, but require specialized manufacturing facilities, special handling, and special weapons to make use of it. No one is in a good position to buy and use it, even if they wanted to. (except maybe Russia)

Item 3 was an attempt at humor. Almost no one knows who Occam really was, and almost no one actually knows what he said, but they 'quote' him often. Basically he advocated finding the truth through process of eliminating false theories, but very few people know how to apply that to warfare, which utilizes deception almost as much as action.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 am

ReadyMom wrote:This Hal Turner guy is scary!  
I don't think I would go as far as "rick1," in his assessment of Hal Turner, but if you have been paying attention over the past few days, you should be seeing that Hal Turner "embellishes" the truth in an attempt to try to get people to sign up for his paid services. Think of him as the next Infowars site. And I don't think he will succeed.

Which is a pity, since we need a site that is out in front of the regular news cycle. Infowars tried to fill that niche, as does Q-Anon, and Twitchy. All have been a partial success, and a partial failure. A major part of the problem is knowing which thinks to filter, so that the site isn't overloaded with the "up to the nanosecond" stuff that will not be worth anything an hour from now. As far as I can tell, no one has gotten that right, so far.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 22, 2019 9:46 am

Thanks for the clarifications, TRex! Much appreciated and I understand now!

RE HalTurner: There are varying opinions on what the Iran status is, across the board, it seems. And so far, so good. But it IS tense. Seems like everything else, the more sources we can read, the better we can try to figure out & anticipate what may come. I hate relying on one source. But, like I said that Hal guy can really scare ya!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 22, 2019 10:17 am

Pay Site Link: ( Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West Books, Blog)
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/US-intercepts-calls-from-Iran-ordering-Hezbollah-to-attack-Americans-590294
Can't get to that source that had headline, because it's a pay-for-subscription site. But I did find this link with a snip that is Short & Sweet.

U.S. intercepted Iranian orders to Hezbollah to attack Americans - report
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/US-intercepts-calls-from-Iran-ordering-Hezbollah-to-attack-Americans-590294

Iranian developments - Page 2 ShowImage  

The US intercepted conversations between Iran and Hezbollah in which Iran ordered Hezbollah to conduct attacks on Americans, according to KAN news.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 am

Hat Tip  Hat Tip to John West Books, Blog)

How Iran can strike US targets in the Middle East:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7053631/SCENARIOS-Irans-reach-puts-U-S-forces-allies-striking-range.html

•    Iran can fire missiles at US warships, as well as deploy sea mines and submarine drones in the Persian Gulf

• Tehran can also call on thousands of battle-hardened jihadists in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon and Afghanistan

• Their weapons at home and those with which they have armed the jihadists can devastate US targets

• US warships have sailed to the Gulf amid mounting tensions with Tehran over Washington's trade sanctions

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 am

Hat Tip Hat Tip to John West Books, Blog

How to Prevent an Accidental War With Iran
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/21/how-to-prevent-an-accidental-war-with-iran/

Whatever the administration actually wants, there is one thing that the war avoiders and the warmongers should be able to agree on: the need to prevent an accidental or unintended conflict between the United States and Iran. But the administration’s actions are increasing rather than lowering the risks that the two countries will stumble into a conflict as a result of a miscalculation, misunderstanding, or miscommunication.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 am

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:11 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7106845/Iran-six-months-away-having-NUCLEAR-WEAPONS-former-IAEA-deputy-warns.html

Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.

Proverb says "I foresee a glass parking lot being developed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am

rick1 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7106845/Iran-six-months-away-having-NUCLEAR-WEAPONS-former-IAEA-deputy-warns.html

Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.

Proverb says "I foresee a glass parking lot being developed."

Not good.

There is definitely going to be some urgency to have this situation resolved one way or another.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That may spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

It's a very fragile and ominous situation.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:16 pm

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.
True, but not for several more months.
At least.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That maywill spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

...ominous situation.
Exactly.
[I had to edit the quoted part a bit, in blue]

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:39 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Drinkthekoolaid wrote:Another update. Iran getting closer to becoming a nuclear power.
True, but not for several more months.
At least.

Even if we do absolutely nothing, no way Israel just sits back and lets it happen. That maywill spark a regional conflict drawing other parties in.

...ominous situation.
Exactly.
[I had to edit the quoted part a bit, in blue]

Well I can't disagree Smile

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Assuming Israel really does have nuclear capabilities (and I'm virtually certain they do), any regional conflict against them will quickly get ugly. But it should be good for US oil prices. Cool

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-says-abes-iran-trip-053230768.html

Weird link title,. The story talks about 2 oil tankers attacked in the straight of Hormuz Thursday.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmwalsh568 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:10 am

Yeah, Al-Jazeera confirms that two tankers were attacked and evacuated early this morning:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/uk-maritime-group-warns-incident-gulf-oman-190613054602630.html

Lots of interesting info in the article, but the scary part is buried in the middle of the article
Front Altair had been chartered by Taiwan's state oil refiner CBC Corp and was carrying 75,000 tonnes of naphtha, a petrochemical feedstock, when it was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo" around noon Taiwan time (0400GMT), Wu I-Fang, CPC's petrochemical business division CEO, told Reuters. He said all crew members had been rescued.

Norway's Frontline shipping company, which owns the Front Altair, said its vessel was on fire.
This is definitely not good.

dmwalsh568

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 am

Iran has accelerated production of enriched uranium, things are getting closer to the nuke button Shocked :

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Iran-has-accelerated-production-of-enriched-uranium-IAEA-says-592042#/

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

Just when it looked like things might be setting down..... Nope.

Drinkthekoolaid

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:22 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum