Silver Prices

2 posters

Go down

Silver Prices Empty Silver Prices

Post by rick1 Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:15 am

Silver prices have recently been following. Yesterday silver closed at $14.08/ounce, silver is down 17.5% for the year. I own a couple hundred ounces of silver and bought some more a couple of months ago and planning to buy some more next week if the price is below $14.20/ounce.

I don't buy fractional ounces, I buy one ounce silver rounds or bars, it's cheaper that way.
rick1
rick1

Back to top Go down

Silver Prices Empty Re: Silver Prices

Post by rick1 Fri May 03, 2019 9:38 am

Silver went up from my last post but now it's down again. End of January it was $16.03/ounce and it closed at $14.66/ounce yesterday, down 8.5%.

I placed another order to AMPEX for another 100 ounces, $.66 over spot, you won't find much of a better deal then $.66 over spot.

Only bought it, just in case, you never know.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon May 06, 2019 5:28 am

I have bought some 1 oz rounds and some junk silver from AMPEX, but I wonder: how much silver does one really need on hand? I am sure there is a point of diminishing return, but don't really have a good feel about where that point is.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:44 pm

Silver prices are down ($18.50), just placed an order to APMEX for several hundred ounces. A month ago, silver was over $29.00/ounce.

Now's the time to buy, if ya got the money.

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:02 pm

TRex2 wrote:I have bought some 1 oz rounds and some junk silver from AMPEX, but I wonder: how much silver does one really need on hand?  I am sure there is a point of diminishing return, but don't really have a good feel about where that point is.
I still don't have a real good feel about where that "point of diminishing return" is. At some point, a person has to say "this is enough silver, I need to invest the rest of my money in something else." (Like land, food or ammo.) Each person will need to set their own goals, of course.

Also, I suspect most of the people who read this forum, regularly, will already have as much silver as they want. On the chance that they don't, however, now seems like an opportune time to buy some.

Remember, my personal advice is to try to get the silver rounds or junk quarters (90% silver) into your hands for under $208 for a $10 roll of quarters or dimes, and under $26 each for the rounds (which would also be $208 for 8 of them). We are on the cusp of that limit, now, and there is no guarantee the price will go lower. Each person will need to set their own price limit, of course.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down