Ukraine-Their side of the War With Russia

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ukraine-Their side of the War With Russia - Page 2 Empty Re: Ukraine-Their side of the War With Russia

Post by Dave58 Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:55 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Ukraine-Their side of the War With Russia - Page 2 Empty Re: Ukraine-Their side of the War With Russia

Post by rick1 Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:45 am

Hard to say what Putin has in mind, but he is a crackpot for sure.

Could be worse then we think:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukraine-warns-russia-cut-zaporizhzhia-nuclear-plant-power-grid-both-sides-brace-provocation

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:16 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:23 pm

From the link:
Ukraine has accused Russia of storing troops and weapons at the Zaporizhzhia plant and using its grounds to launch strikes against Ukrainian-controlled territory. Ukrainian officials and military analysts say Moscow's forces have cynically employed the plant as a shield, knowing that the Ukrainians would be hesitant to fire back.

Russia has denied the accusations and, in turn, accused Ukrainian forces of repeatedly shelling the plant.
This is not much different than Hamas, when they use schools and hospitals as launching sites for their rocket attacks on Israel.

Putin isn't a crackpot, he is evil.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:39 am

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-station-strike-toll-climbs-100022653.html

They are still using the power plant as a weapon......

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Dave58 wrote:https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-station-strike-toll-climbs-100022653.html

They are still using the power plant as a weapon......

Yep, they sure are. I like the heading, The U.S. warns Russia......... After those first 4 or 5 words, I saw Putin give our head clown the middle finger.

Russia and the rest of our adversaries know there is nothing but weakness in D.C. and that nothing will happen to them for what they do.

Just wait a couple of more months when it gets cold and see what Putin does with the power from that nuke plant. People will freeze to death.

rick1

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:53 am

rick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:38 pm

Sounds like somebody is going to be sacrificed ....

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:19 am

Dave58 wrote:

Sounds like somebody is going to be sacrificed ....
Sounds like it is a good time to see if they can be "turned."

Tell them, "if you want to live, and not starve, defend this city against the Russian army."

Of course, it could be, Russia might want its officers out, before it nukes that city.

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:04 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:17 pm

Yeah, the civilian DEFCON site raised their alert level to 3. (Nothing to do with the government DEFCON.) I have one more trip to make, next month, and then I think I will implement the "one tank of gas radius" rule.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:49 am

Pretty soon they will run out of moves to make on the chess board

https://www.the-sun.com/news/7347369/russia-zelensky-new-offensive-ukraine/

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:10 pm

TRex2 wrote:
Yeah, the civilian DEFCON site raised their alert level to 3. (Nothing to do with the government DEFCON.) I have one more trip to make, next month, and then I think I will implement the "one tank of gas radius" rule.
Wow, I failed to update this.

Nov 7th the civilian DEFCON site went back to level 4.
Nov 28th they went back to Level 5 (green)

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:29 am

https://news.yahoo.com/wrapup-1-ukrainian-officials-expected-005304632.html

I just got back from the local Hardware Store. Its the place where some of the greatest minds in our little burg. meet every Sat. and solve the worlds problems Smile Smile . The topic this morning was Chinese balloons. My question was what Russia and Germany going to do once they figured out we were responsible for the Nord stream pipe line explosion. The reply was Russia was not going to do anything to the USA...... I smiled and left quietly thanking God the switch on the wall still makes the lights work and I am still warm. Makes me worry that there is still a large amount of people walking around taking things for granted.

Keep doing the things

Dave58

TRex2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:32 pm

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:

Last week it was '2'. Now when I check there is no number, just a seal where the number usually is.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:09 pm

ReadyMom wrote:
TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:

Last week it was '2'. Now when I check there is no number, just a seal where the number usually is.

Hey ReadyMom, as of today, we're at DEFCON "3"

https://www.defconlevel.com/current-level.php

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:47 am

TRex2 wrote:...
rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:
It really helps to confuse things, that we are looking at two different DEFCON sites.

https://defconwarningsystem.com/

Both are civilian, of course, but each looking at different indicators, and using different methods for collecting data.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:01 am

TRex2 wrote:
TRex2 wrote:...
rick1 wrote:
ReadyMom wrote:
It really helps to confuse things, that we are looking at two different DEFCON sites.

https://defconwarningsystem.com/

Both are civilian, of course, but each looking at different indicators, and using different methods for collecting data.
I normally check the DefconWarningSytem site every few days, but for the past several days, I looked around on the DefconLevel site, and most of it seems to be inoperative.

I don't know if the Defecon Level indicator changes from time to time, but the date under it says it hasn't changed in about a year. Looking around the site, I can only find one page that seems to be updating, is the list of news articles below the Level indicator, on the "current-level" page. And some of them are simply teasers, directing you to the twitter or patreon pages of the website author.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:12 am

Somehow I can believe this

https://youtu.be/eZ-0eFO4Mu4

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:57 pm

Dave58 wrote:Somehow I can believe this
https://youtu.be/eZ-0eFO4Mu4
There is a lot in this video, that most people won't pick up.

Around the 1:25 mark, Aron Mate points out that over $100B has been "authorized," but mumbles a bit about how much has been "dispersed." This is important. While we have authorized a lot of help for the Ukrainians, the Administration has been trickling it over to them, slowly enough to keep the Ukrainian army crippled, and insuring the war will be extended, rather than won.

They, then, move on to an interview with the former defense minister of the UK and the proposal to send M-1 and F-16 assets to Ukraine. This is basically getting to be third hand speculation (yes, I twisted a phrase).

While the Head of the Defense committee (at 5 min in) is overboard on going to war, one thing we should have done, months ago, is begin production of materials at a wartime pace, to backfill the void where we give Ukraine arms and ammunition. (Instead, this administration is paying people not to work.)

When it comes to the subject of Regime Change in Russia, they take Petraeus out of context. He didn't say we should pursue regime change, only that we should not forget that it may become a possibility.

It should be obvious, historically, that every war we won, we won because we out produced the enemy, and every one we failed to win, we failed because we didn't control the propaganda.

I am not saying these guys intend to deceive us, but that they may be, themselves, misled.

Things such as "this was always going to end this way" and the only other option is nuclear war, where we all lose are out of the Russian propaganda book.

I would take a close look at everything these guys say, as the stuff I point out here indicates they may be promoting Russia's view of the war. I have to point out, several times, Russia has withdrawn, after a number of years, from a conflict, where we would not allow them to prevail.

I would look into it, further, but as I have said before, I am retiring from that sort of research.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:10 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:52 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:56 pm

Because Russia is the belligerent, in this case, I blame every bad thing on them. As for what breached the dam, I wouldn't be surprised if it simply failed, under stress:
https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-russia-nuclear-dnipro-river-flood-df2aaa99cab8b0e0d7a4b26bd77cad0f
Since mid-February, the water level in the reservoir has steadily increased, according to data from Theia, a French geospatial analytical organization. An Associated Press analysis of satellite imagery showed the water has now risen so high that it’s washing over the top of the damaged Russian-occupied dam downstream.

The waves first covered the natural shoreline, then submerged the marsh grasses. Next they came for Lyudmila Kulachok’s garden, then Ihor Medyunov’s guest room. The wild boars fled for higher ground, replaced by water fowl. Medyunov’s four dogs have an ever-smaller patch of grass to roam, and Kulachok serves meals on a picnic table sloshing through the murk in waders.
That was a couple weeks ago.

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Way back on March 5th, I said that we haven't begun producing ammunition at wartime rates. Well, we are beginning to get there. (I said other things in that March 5th post, that are worth remembering.)

Back in Jan, we planned to "dramatically increase production" of Artillery shells. Well, we increased (maybe) from 14,000 a month to 24,000 a month.
https://news.yahoo.com/us-plans-dramatically-expand-155mm-200500634.html

In case anyone is wondering about the facilities were these shells are made, at least part of the process is in Scranton PA:
https://time.com/6252541/inside-the-us-army-plant-making-artillery-shells-for-ukraine/

Now it appears we intend to increase production, further:
https://english.nv.ua/nation/us-plans-to-triple-artillery-shell-production-pentagon-confirms-50345454.html

If we do, it is "better late than never." Or maybe better to be very, very, very late.
The United States intends to significantly ramp up the production of 155mm artillery shells to 80,000 units per month starting next year, more than tripling the current rate of approximately 24,000 rounds per month, Pentagon spokesperson General Patrick Ryder reported on Aug. 11.

Rider said that the United States has already provided Ukraine with over 2 million 155mm shells since the start of the full-scale Russian invasion.

“We’ve also enabled a rapid increase in 155mm ammo production. So from 14,000 a month in February of ‘22 to approximately 24,000 a month currently, and we plan to be at over 80,000 a month over the following year,” Ryder said.
This should have been done the day after the Russians invaded Ukraine. As I said in my March 5th posting: we are moving slowly enough to insure we cannot win. I strongly suspect "winning" isn't what they Biden Administration is interested in.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2