Dave58
rick1
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran Empty Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:53 am

Some big time cyber attacks by Russia on Federal Agencies and FireEye:

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/14/946163194/russia-suspected-in-months-long-cyber-attack-on-federal-agencies

Back to top Go down

Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran Empty Re: Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran

Post by Dave58 Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:55 am

rick1 wrote:Some big time cyber attacks by Russia on Federal Agencies and FireEye:

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/14/946163194/russia-suspected-in-months-long-cyber-attack-on-federal-agencies

There is a chance this is a lot bigger that what they are telling us.....

https://youtu.be/oe3y-OdNSsw

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran Empty Re: Cyber Attacks by Russia, China, Iran

Post by rick1 Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:52 pm

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:28 am

More information on the Russian hacking. Seems like for the last 6 to 9 months, Russia has been hacking homeland security:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/17/politics/us-government-hack-extends-beyond-solarwinds/index.html

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:49 am

rick1 wrote:More information on the Russian hacking. Seems like for the last 6 to 9 months, Russia has been hacking homeland security:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/17/politics/us-government-hack-extends-beyond-solarwinds/index.html

If we keep ignoring the problem one of these days they will get tired of playing and decide to kill the grid just to see what happens.....

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:12 am

Dave58 wrote:
rick1 wrote:More information on the Russian hacking. Seems like for the last 6 to 9 months, Russia has been hacking homeland security:

If we keep ignoring the problem one of these days they will get tired of playing and decide to kill the grid just to see what happens.....

The other week, there was a chineese official (on cnn) that was giving a speech to a crowd in china, he said that china would take over the western world without firing a shot. He did give a year that was planned but I can't remember what it was

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:40 pm

There is no way to state how bad this hacking incident is.
And this is, what, the third one that is off the scale bad?

There was the Dept of Personnel, then one of the Credit Bureaus. Now this.

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:26 pm

TRex2 wrote:There is no way to state how bad this hacking incident is.
And this is, what, the third one that is off the scale bad?

There was the Dept of Personnel, then one of the Credit Bureaus. Now this.  

They've been hacking the systems for 6 to 9 months and we just find out about it now. How many hacks are there that we don't know about. AND they're not really sure if it was Russia or not, they're still trying to figure it out.

Like Dave said, the lights may go out at any time now.

Yep and I don't see it getting any better any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:55 pm

The cyber attack on the U.S. Energy Department by sunburst:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55358332

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm

Trump finally has spoken out/tweeted out about the cyber attacks.

He insists it's China and not Russia, needless to say, his staff are a little upset:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-downplays-russia-hack-first-comments-massive-breach-implicates-china-n1251813

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 pm

I have been studying computer security, on and off, since the 90's, and I have seen some indication that Russian assets are sometimes used to benefit other countries (with quid pro quo repayment back to Russia) so I would not be surprised if China were behind it, but Russians actually did the work.

It is darkly humorous that America built a network of computers that, once fully infected, might not ever be trustworthy again. Just designing our computer systems in the way they are, ought to be called an act of war against us. But we did it to ourselves. Much like planting a bear trap, and upon seeing the bear, step into the trap ourselves.

There was a bit of hubbub in the mid 90's about the road we were going down. It was warned by the people who think about nothing except how to break computer security, that if we put infrastructure on the Internet, we would never be able to secure it. But we did it anyway. We spent 25 years building a bear trap, and now we have our foot in it.

TRex2

rick1 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:38 pm

This is my personal opinion and I'll never know if I'm right or wrong but my immediate reaction was, yup it's china.

China has been engaged in massive amounts of industrial espionage for a decade or more. Like off the charts. That's how they've caught up so quickly in technology. They've stolen so much intellectual property.

I really think china has "unofficially" declared a "soft war" against us.

Look at all the reports coming out about china's intelligence agency using thousands of spies compromising our government at all levels. Look at the insane amounts of money they are donating to "big tech" to exert influence over Americans.

I think this was in buildup to the 2020 election either to help facilitate it, or as a hedge in case trump win.

China is aggressively undermining us at every turn and we aren't doing anything about it.

China needs more land and resources. They would love to see us and russia fight each other allowing them to become the global super power. They feel it is their cultural duty to let the superior chinese race dominate the globe. So framing russia would be a part of their plans.

Look at how much they manipulate our news and pop culture. Negative china stories are basically ignored and not covered. China is the greatest threat hands down and there is a coordinated effort to continuously down play it

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1, Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:56 pm

Drink, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:22 am

China needs more land and resources. They would love to see us and russia fight each other allowing them to become the global super power. They feel it is their cultural duty to let the superior chinese race dominate the globe. So framing russia would be a part of their plans.
I agree, except that they didn't really have to "frame" Russia to do this. They just "played" the egotistical russian computer hacking group, and they did China's dirty work. Basically, the tricked Russia into framing itself.

Other than that, you did, indeed, hit the nail on the head.

TRex2

Dave58 and Drinkthekoolaid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:24 am

Hackers may have did a dry run on solarwinds breach last year and it seems solarwinds may have known of it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hackers-last-year-conducted-a-dry-run-of-solar-winds-breach-215232815.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:15 pm

rick1 wrote:Hackers may have did a dry run on solarwinds breach last year and it seems solarwinds may have known of it:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hackers-last-year-conducted-a-dry-run-of-solar-winds-breach-215232815.html
According to the article, the files were distributed on 10 Oct. That would have been determined by looking at their logs. It doesn't say when they were discovered. All of the references to "earlier" are referring to the dates on the files, not the dates they were discovered.
October 2019, five months before previously reported files were sent to victims through the company’s software update servers. The October files, distributed to customers on Oct. 10, did not have a backdoor embedded in them, however, in the way that subsequent malicious files that victims downloaded in the spring of 2020 did, and these files went undetected until this month.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:31 am

Just how long will it take to understand/recover from the most recent cyber attacks:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-cyberattack-long-time-to-understand

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:55 am

I don't think we will be able to understand it or even be able to start to until we can stop it.. I think it is still going on...

The lights are going to go out one of these days in the very near future ( just my thoughts no way to prove ) so we prepare to become Amish....

Do you really think we will be able to recover in our life time ???

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:21 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Biden is too weak to do anything within reason. Now, the one's pulling his puppet strings may try to do something, but, I believe it will back fire on us, like Biden said, "Putin knows me".

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:09 pm

rick1 wrote:Has anybody told Joe Crow Biden about this???????????????????????
Yeah, he can tell them to "cut it out."
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-38349745

Then Susan Rice can tell our guys to knock it off, if they want to stop it:
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/susan-rice-told-white-house-cyber-team-to-knock-it-off-on-combatting-russian-meddling-2018-3

Which would make sense, since she (as a proxy for Obama) is in charge of domestic affairs.
https://americandefensenews.com/2021/01/29/susan-rice-obamas-shadow-president-in-bidens-white-house/

Yeah, we had better pack away some more cans of beans...

TRex2

rick1 and Dave58 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:24 pm

TRex2 wrote:
rick1 wrote:Has anybody told Joe Crow Biden about this???????????????????????
Yeah, he can tell them to "cut it out."
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-38349745

Then Susan Rice can tell our guys to knock it off, if they want to stop it:
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/susan-rice-told-white-house-cyber-team-to-knock-it-off-on-combatting-russian-meddling-2018-3

Which would make sense, since she (as a proxy for Obama) is in charge of domestic affairs.
https://americandefensenews.com/2021/01/29/susan-rice-obamas-shadow-president-in-bidens-white-house/

Yeah, we had better pack away some more cans of beans...

Its sugar this week .. Beans are next week although my wife tells me we have plenty Laughing

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Dave58 wrote:...
Its sugar this week .. Beans are next week although my wife tells me we have plenty  Laughing
Now, if we could just harvest the gas...

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Russian solarwinds are at it again, this time150 organizations, according to microsoft:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/solarwinds-hackers-are-it-again-targeting-150-organizations-microsoft-warns-n1268893

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri May 28, 2021 4:19 pm

rick1 wrote:Russian solarwinds are at it again, this time150 organizations, according to microsoft:
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/solarwinds-hackers-are-it-again-targeting-150-organizations-microsoft-warns-n1268893
I should point out that almost all of us are vulnerable to the same kind of attack.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:33 pm

Ya know, we've had two major cyber attacks within a month. One on the gas line feeding most of the east coast and then the meat producer. which didn't really do much damage.

What will be hacked next, the water/sewage of a major city like New York, LA, maybe Chicago. Seems like these hackers are doing a practice run.

If a major city is hacked next, while, I say the grid will definately will be next. Thousands of hacks are being done daily and getting worse.

This article was from December 2020 and updated May 2021, an interesting read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/17/us/politics/russia-cyber-hack-trump.html

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:07 pm

Dave58

rick1 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Well Dave, this how I look at this one hack. It don't count, these are the rich of the rich that use this fairy.

Heck, they'll just rent a helicopter instead. Laugh Animated

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:44 pm

rick1 wrote:

Well Dave, this how I look at this one hack. It don't count, these are the rich of the rich that use this fairy.

Heck, they'll just rent a helicopter instead. Laugh Animated

Are the hackers just showing the US that they can reach out and touch anything they want ???

If that is what they are doing then an attack on the grid may be coming sooner than any of us are expecting... We should all plan accordingly and keep nudging our neighbors in the right direction...

Dave58

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:33 pm

You're right Dave, anything can happen now.

I listened to General Keene on FOX earlier, he said that they are testing joe crow and he is failing the country and the American people.

The General also said that if joe crow doesn't respond in the same manner and make the hack more sever then what we received, the USA is doomed.

I have a lot of faith in this General, he's been right on just about everything.

Get the generator hooked up and buy a lot of gas/propane.

Dave58 and TRex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:17 am

Here's what General Keane said on FOX yesterday about Russia's cyber attacks on the U.S.:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jbs-ransomware-attack-russias-cyber-warfare-jack-keane

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 pm

Didn't know this, back in April, China hacked into the NY subway system, but did fail to control it:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9646583/China-hacked-MTA-failed-control-NY-subway-Ransomware-cripples-Marthas-Vineyard-ferry.html

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:32 pm

Two day ago, Russia issued a new threat to the U.S. before the summit with joe crow. The video is only a couple minutes long:

https://theglobalherald.com/news/russia-issues-new-threats-to-united-states-ahead-of-summit-with-biden/

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:12 pm

FBI director compares the resent cyber attack challenges to 9/11 attacks.

If my memory serves me correct, there was a warning being sent up the chain of command about foreign operatives being trained as pilots.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-director-compares-ransomware-challenge-to-9-11-11622799003

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:06 pm

rick1 wrote:FBI director compares the resent cyber attack challenges to 9/11 attacks.

If my memory serves me correct, there was a warning being sent up the chain of command about foreign operatives being trained as pilots.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-director-compares-ransomware-challenge-to-9-11-11622799003
So far, this hasn't been anywhere near as bad as 9-11, but unbeknownst to most Americans, Al Q'ada had been hitting us, on average, once evey 15 months, in the decade leading up to 9-11.

Warning? Nothing but that bright flashing neon sign over there.

I don't think these hackers are going to destroy us, outright, any time soon, since that would be like cooking the goose that lays the golden egg. As long as they do stuff that inflicts pain, but doesn't kill us, we keep paying them money.

What they may do, just by accident, OTOH, ...

TRex2

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave58 Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:53 am

Dave58

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:35 am

FBI and DHS warn of cyber attacks on U.S. critical infrastructure by Russia in conjunction with a Ukraine invasion by Russia. Let the games begin:

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-fbi-and-dhs-warn-us-officials-of-possible-russian-cyber-attacks-linked-to-invasion-of-ukraine-220516786.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:02 pm

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Gee, I wonder if Defense Contractors were on that list of things the Biden Administration told Russia not to hack.

(Mind you, Russia knew what was on that list, even before it was handed to them. The list of critical infrastructures has been available on The Net, for years.)

TRex2

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:40 am

Get ready boys and girls, Uncle Vladimir is on the hunt in the U.S.. Cyber attacks are intensifying on our financial systems and our (not mine) water supply is the most weakest:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/banks-cyberwar-sanctions-financial-sector/2022/03/02/id/1059228/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM307927_03022022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502emngxs

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:43 pm

rick1 wrote:Get ready boys and girls, Uncle Vladimir is on the hunt in the U.S.. Cyber attacks are intensifying on our financial systems and our (not mine) water supply is the most weakest:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/banks-cyberwar-sanctions-financial-sector/2022/03/02/id/1059228/?ns_mail_uid=ed113837-94a1-4b8d-8fab-a7f206fd5031&ns_mail_job=DM307927_03022022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010502emngxs

It almost already happened and most have no clue.

Fortunately the plant operator wasn't taking a nap and was alert. He noticed he lost control of his station to the hacker and it was a near catastrophe that you've probably not heard of. (well you guys might be the exception compared to the normies who are oblivious).

Drinkthekoolaid

Dave58 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:52 am

Drinkthekoolaid wrote:It almost already happened and most have no clue.

Fortunately the plant operator wasn't taking a nap and was alert. He noticed he lost control of his station to the hacker and it was a near catastrophe that you've probably not heard of. (well you guys might be the exception compared to the normies who are oblivious).
I vaguely remember something of this, from a few years ago.
Did it happen again? Or are you referring to something in the past?

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1 Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:33 am

Intel officials say we won't stand a chance (we will lose) if/when Russia and China combine their knowledge on hacking the U.S.:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/03/us-will-lose-against-russia-china-combined-cyberwarfare-tech-fmr-pentagon-official-warns/

This is from last month, FBI braces for Russian cyber attacks:

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-fbi-warns-russia-may-launch-cyber-attacks-us-ukraine-tensions-rise-1681012

Back to top Go down

Post by TRex2 Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:35 pm

rick1 wrote:Intel officials say we won't stand a chance (we will lose) if/when Russia and China combine their knowledge on hacking the U.S.:
I don't doubt that for a minute.

TRex2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next