Bugging In-General Info

3 posters

Go down

Bugging In-General Info Empty Bugging In-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:53 am

How to Bug-In – The Bug-Out Alternative You MUST Plan For
https://www.trueprepper.com/how-bug-in/

Bugging In-General Info How-to-Bug-In-%E2%80%93-The-Bug-Out-Alternative-You-MUST-Plan-For   When SHTF, getting out of Dodge is usually a good idea; but what it’s just not possible? The Bug-In plan is a solid preparation tool for the worst scenarios you could conceive. It involves plenty of forethought, supplies, and staying informed. Bugging-in is not a reaction to an event, but it is the result of months or even years of preparation. It is very different from bugging out, although both plans are deeply rooted in prepping. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bugging In-General Info Empty Re: Bugging In-General Info

Post by ReadyMom Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 am

Bugging In: What to Do When Bugging Out Is NOT An Option
https://bugoutbagacademy.com/when-bugging-out-not-option/

While our general focus here is on bugging out, true emergency preparedness requires you to be prepared for all eventualities—including the less exciting thought of bugging in.  In fact, bugging out should be your last option in most situations, not your primary plan.  Think about it like this—home is where the bulk of your supplies and gear are located, right?     ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scudrunner Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:47 am

In or Out... boils down to what the event is.  We have millions of people who live near railroad tracts, interstate highways, sea ports, refineries, chemical plants and storage that pose unspeakable hazards.  Most tanker car derailments require a minimum one mile evacuation.  Other hazards can be miles.  If your communities put out a reverse 911 to evacuate, it's not a suggestion.  Sheltering in place isn't an option and sometimes speed getting out can save your life.  In these emergencies I use the Gamma Rule... Time, Distance and Shielding.  Time you have to get out of the red zone. Distance from the hazard (further is better). Shielding is more like shelter once you are out.  Finally, when you get away from the hazard do you have enough essentials and shelter for 72 hours?  By the way, 72 hours is something FEMA came up with... need I say more.  I would plan for a week.

Shelter in place can take many forms and duration.  National disasters (natural and man made) so long as you are in a safe area is wise.  I consider several factors:
1) Duration of the event (best guess).
2) Do I have enough food and water for my family.
3) Can I keep my family warm (especially during the winter)
4) Can I resupply the essentials when  they run out.
5) Can I relocate safely

In many parts of the United States, especially in the west and south west growing crops is near impossible.  The same goes for hunting and foraging.  Water can also be problematic in many areas.  In these areas, in a long lasting event, it's better to have a bugout location picked out in advance and a plan to get there.

Scudrunner

Drinkthekoolaid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:44 pm

How to Bug-In: What You Need to Know to Survive a Grid-Down Disaster
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-bug-in-what-you-need-to-know-to-survive-a-grid-down-disaster/

(SNIP) ... Disasters can devastate our most critical services including water supplies, medical facilities and first responders, waste and trash processing and removal, transportation options, fuel and grocery supplies, natural gas lines, electricity, phone service, and even public safety. A Grid-Down scenario can last for several days or even weeks. During this time, you must be able to provide basic survival needs for you and your family. These Bug In preps and plans need to be made in advance. They cannot be made in the heat of a disaster   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Bugging In – The Number 1 Ultimate Guide
https://prepperswill.com/bugging-in/

Bugging In-General Info Aecurity-1200x841   What is bugging in, anyway? The vast majority of situations that occur in our daily lives are handled without us even knowing it. When you hear sirens, the emergency services are handling all of the emergencies. However, what happens when you hear commotion and disorder, but no sirens? Of course, the first thing you do is ring them. Now, what happens when they have no resources left to handle what is going on? Large scale disarray, for whatever reason, will require you to look after yourself.

(SNIP) ... In this article, we are only going to be looking at the things that you need to think about when you are considering bugging in. However, ensure that you plan for this possibility well in advance, as an impromptu decision for bugging in could leave you no better off than bugging out. ---CONTINUED---

Admin

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drinkthekoolaid Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:52 pm

These videos made a ton of sense to me
https://youtu.be/FJ5HD4wAyCU

I've formulated a "get home" plan with more urgency than I've given a bug out plan.

To me I have young kids bugging out when you don't have a good place to go isn't realistic.

I'm much more concerned about getting home to my family and trying to establish a neighborhood watch.

If I have to leave for a localized emergency I'll be fine. If it's full out zombie SHTF and I have to leave it won't matter.

Drinkthekoolaid

rick1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadyMom Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:15 am

The Ultimate Guide To Bugging In
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ultimate-guide-to-bugging-in/

Bugging In-General Info 574f784f3cd0db1a3f6ddc2f4702deb0   We’ve all heard of bugging-out, but there are times when staying put and hunkering down or “bugging in” makes more sense. Bugging in means staying home but keeping a low profile. You don’t go out, you don’t shop, you don’t interact with outsiders and you stay alert… sound familiar?   ---CONTINUED---

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down